+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: It's still on.

It's still on.

Ok, I know it's unlikely......But.......

We've got nothing to lose next Saturday, so can throw the kitchen sink at it.

If we win, then only a Brighton win at the Emirates would relegate us (unlikely).

Brighton WILL lose to Man City.

So.......

A win against Palace next week means we take it to the last day against an average, disinterested, ordinary Utd.

A cup final of sorts and one which we can win.

Am I pissed.....

Yes,

But it's not impossible, is it?????

Re: It's still on.

While not impossible by definition, Out of interest how much would you put on us staying up??

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    While not impossible by definition, Out of interest how much would you put on us staying up??

Not a lot as I'm usually skint and can't afford to put my money where my mouth is, but I'm also an optimist and believe this team will fight till the end.

What I am saying is next Saturday is a Semi final and assuming Brighton don't pull off a shock, we will have a final to play the following week as underdogs.

Will we stay up.....
    probably not........

But is it unthinkable.......

Absolutely not!

Next Sunday night, we could be looking forward to a great day in the Sun at Old Trafford, Win, lose or draw!

Quote Originally Posted by blueslippers View Post

If we win, then only a Brighton win at the Emirates would relegate us (unlikely).

So.......

A win against Palace next week means we take it to the last day against an average, disinterested, ordinary Utd.

Am I pissed.....

Yes,

Warnock is still going use the same tactics a wait until the opposition score in the last 10 minutes before we go on the offensive.

Well, maybe I'm in for one of the most brilliant surprises of my life because I'll be treating it as if we've been relegated for the next six days and I can't see me changing my mind in the following week no matter what happens next weekend,

We had a huge chance to bring about a different outcome for our season yesterday and, albeit with the weakest squad we fielded all season, blew it completely - understandable in some ways with that squad, but our selection, tactics and substitutions were all wrong.

Whilst there’s nothing wrong with being positive and optimistic, I’ve seen absolutely nothing from our squad and tactics this season that gives me the slightest inkling that we can win the last 2 games. In fact even if our last 2 games were at home against the 2 teams below us, we just don’t possess the ability and nous to do it.

So.......

Am I pissed.....

Yes,

Unfortunately I just don’t think we have it in us to get a result against the big boys.

But if Bacuna can slice through the United defence for Healey to run on one-on-one, who knows....

I think Brighton are sadists, could they not have put us out of our misery last night!?

It’s the hope that kills you. Two more agonising games to go....

Healey to score 3 in the last 2 games and become a Cardiff legend

You heard it here first

It's very very very unlikely but.....In infinite space and time somewhere we win both matches and survive, perhaps it's this one. Stranger things have happened.

We have rarely done things the easy way.

For the first time this season, last night I felt we were done, I still feel that way and wont feel much about the Palace game. Perhaps we can at least play with some freedom that relegated teams seem to.

Call me mad but I never thought we'd get much out of Fulham. I was just hoping Brighton wouldn't beat Newcastle. We've got a good chance of beating Palace. If Man U have nothing to play for we have every chance there. I think the key aspects are Man U are out of the race by the time we play them and Brighton fail to beat either Man City or Arsenal. If that happens we have every chance of staying in this league.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    Call me mad but I never thought we'd get much out of Fulham. I was just hoping Brighton wouldn't beat Newcastle. We've got a good chance of beating Palace. If Man U have nothing to play for we have every chance there. I think the key aspects are Man U are out of the race by the time we play them and Brighton fail to beat either Man City or Arsenal. If that happens we have every chance of staying in this league.
    Make the games against United and Palace a proper dogfight, neither of them will fancy it

I think we'll struggle against Palace at home, let alone United away.

I agree the Palace game isn't easy, but we've just got to throw everything at it.

Watching the 2nd half of the Brighton game yesterday, you could see the difference in desire between the 2 teams.

Newcastle tried and clearly wanted to win but there were several 50/50 balls that kept going to Brighton because of the difference in desire between the 2 teams.

That's how we need to be next week. We absolutely should be motivated given how much more is at stake for us than them and that could see us through.

Forget the permatations for the following week, the team just need to 100% focus on the Palace game, throw everything at it and see where that takes us!

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Healey to score 3 in the last 2 games and become a Cardiff legend

You heard it here first
    You to disappear from this MB wearing a straight jacket 😂

I lost you at this bit. I thought we would have thrown the kitchen sink at Fulham, but we played negatively for a draw and hoped to pinch a winner. It backfired.

I agree the Palace game isn't easy, but we've just got to throw everything at it.

Watching the 2nd half of the Brighton game yesterday, you could see the difference in desire between the 2 teams.

Newcastle tried and clearly wanted to win but there were several 50/50 balls that kept going to Brighton because of the difference in desire between the 2 teams.

That's how we need to be next week. We absolutely should be motivated given how much more is at stake for us than them and that could see us through.

Forget the permatations for the following week, the team just need to 100% focus on the Palace game, throw everything at it and see where that takes us!
    Shouldnt have we been like this yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyBluebirds View Post
    I think we'll struggle against Palace at home, let alone United away.
    Yes but say we do win, and let’s not forget we’ve beaten a few at home, then it is down to the last day. Anything could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Shouldnt have we been like this yesterday
    Yes, absolutely, but that's gone now.

We are 90% down, I know, so the mentality might be different next week.

Throw caution to the wind and who knows?

We lose 5-0 then so be it, but I actually think our desire will see us through and take it to the last day.

If I was looking at it objectively, I think we'll go down fighting 2-0 at Old Trafford, but I don't think it's beyond comprehension we could go there and be the story of the last day.

As I said, the team mentality should be all about the Palace game and block everything else out!