+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Beating palace and taking it til the last day

Beating palace and taking it til the last day

I didn’t think we’d get anything yesterday, but I have a feeling it will go to the last day at old Trafford. Brighton won’t get another point. It’s going to be one hell of a day folks if it does rest on it.

Re: Beating palace and taking it til the last day

Extremely unlikely to say the least.

But that would be the dream scenario to win and stay up at OT.

I don’t think I’d ever recover if that happened !

Need to beat Palace first, which on yesterday’s evidence isn’t likely.

Plenty keeping the faith mind. 90 odd booked on our coach ( coaches now) to go up there 2 weeks before the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Extremely unlikely to say the least.

But that would be the dream scenario to win and stay up at OT.

I don’t think I’d ever recover if that happened !

Need to beat Palace first, which on yesterday’s evidence isn’t likely.

Plenty keeping the faith mind. 90 odd booked on our coach ( coaches now) to go up there 2 weeks before the game.
    You don’t think we have a chance of beating palace and taking it to the last day? Not saying we would win at OT but after seeing us getting relegated at bury in league 1 it’s not so bad......

Will we have any midfielders fit for Saturday?

Even if Brighton draw at Arsenal we can take it to the last day. A complacent and out-of-form Manu against a fired-up, everything to gain, Cardiff. It’s a long shot of course but it’s not over just yet.

Sorry to be a pessimist but won't it be the same fired-up, everything-to-gain Cardiff that went to Fulham yesterday?

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Even if Brighton draw at Arsenal we can take it to the last day. A complacent and out-of-form Manu against a fired-up, everything to gain, Cardiff. It’s a long shot of course but it’s not over just yet.
    We are as out of form as United!

Besides, if they beat Chelsea today then they will still have a chance of 4th on the last day so they have something to gain too.

Imagine Ole relegating us again. I'd give up with football

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

Besides, if they beat Chelsea today then they will still have a chance of 4th on the last day so they have something to gain too.
    Would be great to take it to the last day. However arsenal are on an awful run losing again today- so I wouldn't back them to beat Brighton anyway.

Man u have Huddersfield and us last 2 games- they'll get top 4.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

I’m not saying it’s likely. People have been posting we’re down since the first few weeks of the season and it may yet go the final game.

Need Arsenal to turn up next week and us to have a proper go at Palace so we at least take it to the last game

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Sorry to be a pessimist but won't it be the same fired-up, everything-to-gain Cardiff that went to Fulham yesterday?
    That is the worry. I’d play Arter, Murphy, Reid, hoilett, zohore and Harris and just rush the united defence for 90 mins. Reckon we’d win 8-7....

It would be the perfect end for Warnock's career. If he kept us up at United

Years after West Ham and Carlos Tevez won at Old Trafford to relegate Warnock's Sheff Utd.

We are 4 points behind Brighton with a vastly inferior GD. We need 6 points. Never going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    We are 4 points behind Brighton with a vastly inferior GD. We need 6 points. Never going to happen.
    What’s the odds?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    What’s the odds?
    20/1 Piss poor.

Brighton are 1/100

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    20/1 Piss poor.

Brighton are 1/100
    Goal diff is shot now....let’s just go for it. I don’t think we will do it, but this season has been full of shocks bothering good and bad....you never know.