+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: This has been happening all season

This has been happening all season

Why are we not getting penalties? Can't blame it all on Warnock!
    0D5BE059-9C97-4E75-A679-706679E06838.jpg

Re: This has been happening all season

Yea I don't get it, ref looked straight at it, twice in quick succession.

One is Salah, one is Morrison. Only thing I can think of. He has had the same treatment in most matches, given he's the one we aim 90% of set pieces at.

Chris Kavanagh is normally a very good ref, but yesterday he was looking straight at the penalty calls!

If this was the first time this season that decisions had gone against us then you’d probably think unlucky but unfortunately it isn’t and either the officials are incompetent or are just aren’t giving these big decisions to us

We have the king of winning pelanties coming here next Saturday , wonder if he will get another awarded in his favour ? then we go to Old Trafford where we will be lucky to get any decisions given our way !

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    If this was the first time this season that decisions had gone against us then you’d probably think unlucky but unfortunately it isn’t and either the officials are incompetent or are just aren’t giving these big decisions to us

We have the king of winning pelanties coming here next Saturday , wonder if he will get another awarded in his favour ? then we go to Old Trafford where we will be lucky to get any decisions given our way !
    Or we'll get one in each game but really too late in the season for us to benefit from "it all evens itself out".

It's disappointing there seems to be a stance that you can do what you want at set pieces. Morrison has been targeted season he is one of the best players in the air. If it is a car there are 6 penalties a game so be it, until players learn it will keep going on.

The annoying thing is we don't do it and if we did probably wouldn't have conc3ded so many set piece goal

The truth of the matter is they are rarely given.....
    Unless you go down like you have been shot by a sniper and you play for Liverpool.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    It's disappointing there seems to be a stance that you can do what you want at set pieces. Morrison has been targeted season he is one of the best players in the air. If it is a car there are 6 penalties a game so be it, until players learn it will keep going on.

The annoying thing is we don't do it and if we did probably wouldn't have conc3ded so many set piece goal
    I\m sure we do it, but aren't as cute as other sides at this level at it (e.g. Gunnar's shirt tug against Chelsea that the woeful Pawson somehow missed). That said, I definitely agree that we have been more sinned against than sinning in this regard over the course of this season and it's got to the stage now where my reaction on Saturday was "of course it's a penalty, but there's no way we'll get given one" and so I just accepted it. It shouldn't be like that though and you're right with what you say about if there has to be six penalties a game than so be it, because all of this grappling is a blight on the game and it's getting worse every season because officials are ignoring it.

Even with VAR in Prem next season I'm not convinced many will be given. You don't see many given in Champions League with VAR.

Quote Originally Posted by Watamistakatomaka View Post
    Even with VAR in Prem next season I'm not convinced many will be given. You don't see many given in Champions League with VAR.
    It should be clamped down on like the World Cup if ten are given the first weekend across the games, teams will soon stop doing it, and there will be more goals and entertainment as a result !!!