+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Simple poll. Warnock stay or go?

Re: Simple poll. Warnock stay or go?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    So we go straight back up and replace him or do we keep him for another stay in the PL for another relegation season? I can't see how that would be progress. Sometimes you have to take a step backwards in order to make greater strides forward.
    Bit of a daft question really, if you dont mind me saying so. He has already stated that he will see out his contract to the end of next season and then retire and also stated that if the owner/board wanted his help he would be happy to assist finding a new manager from around Christmas onwards. Therefore, whatever happens next season, it is extremely unlikely that he would be here beyond summer 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    That’s what he has done at every club he has managed irrespective of budget availability.
    He cannot change his ways and will continue with the way we are now.
    If Tan made a lot of money available I would be very concerned about his ability to spend it correctly
    The thing is, it is Tans money not yours and he can do with it exactly what he likes. He obviously trusts NW and unlike what a number of people on here think, recognises that it was a bloody miracle he got us up last year with the players we had and that there is no one better to have another go at it.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Bit of a daft question really, if you dont mind me saying so. He has already stated that he will see out his contract to the end of next season and then retire and also stated that if the owner/board wanted his help he would be happy to assist finding a new manager from around Christmas onwards. Therefore, whatever happens next season, it is extremely unlikely that he would be here beyond summer 2020.
    This - as long as he stays healthy - he's staying and he deserves to.

In 9 months time Norwich/Sheff Utd will be calling for the heads of their managers - just like Fulham and Huddersfield fans did this season - and so the merry go round carries on.

Gerrard to replace warnock - FFS!!

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    And just like brexit it appears to be a 50/50 split.
    Its at least 60/40 for stay on here and possibly higher. If you asked people who regularly go to matches or actually in the ground at a match, it would be 95/5 to stay.

The thing is, it is Tans money not yours and he can do with it exactly what he likes. He obviously trusts NW and unlike what a number of people on here think, recognises that it was a bloody miracle he got us up last year with the players we had and that there is no one better to have another go at it.
    Does he ?

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    Does he ?
    Yes. If he had listened to some fans he would have got rid of him at Christmas 2017 or earlier this season. He was allowing NW to spend £20m on Sala in January and those are not the actions of an owner who doesn't trust his manager.

Yes. If he had listened to some fans he would have got rid of him at Christmas 2017 or earlier this season. He was allowing NW to spend £20m on Sala in January and those are not the actions of an owner who doesn't trust his manager.
    I am in no position to know whether he does or not. I agree with you about there being trust previously but I was wondering whether post Sala tragedy stories and rumours might have changed his attitude.

Many are saying go then commenting that there needs to be a well thought out plan of changing our footballing direction and recruitment.

This is CCFC with Tan at the helm we are on about.

As much as I would like to think the Warnock appointment was a well thought out move, given the previous record of this Chairman/Board I feel it more fits the 'take a punt' mould that has worked out better than many could have imagined.

In short I would be less than confident of the board being able to put a manager and plan in place to change the direction of the club and the way we do things off the pitch (mainly recruiting) and although I don't think we will be an established Premier League club under Warnock any time soon the club have shown on more than one occasion they can get things a lot, lot more wrong than this.

I will be eternally grateful to Neil for all he has done at the club but it is time for him to go.

What about the rest of you? Stay or go?
    I stand by my often stated opinion that he will no longer be with the club by the start of next season.

I think it is more a case of what has since become known to the club`s hierarchy about the way that Sala episode was handled before the tragedy occurred and the fallout that will ensue in due course.

Quote Originally Posted by Since62 View Post
    I stand by my often stated opinion that he will no longer be with the club by the start of next season.
    Do you think he’ll leave on his own terms Keith?

If Tan wants any chance of getting his money back and returning to the PL he will not let Warnock go. WE have had too many bad managers to risk another one.

I will be eternally grateful to Neil for all he has done at the club but it is time for him to go.

What about the rest of you? Stay or go?
    Stays one more season, becomes Sir Warnock and then we name the Canton stand after him, so he can stay for ever

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Stay as he has already indicated and then go for Gerrard 👍💙
    Gerrard

How many managerial titles has he won FFS

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebina View Post
    Stays one more season, becomes Sir Warnock and then we name the Canton stand after him, so he can stay for ever

I meant to add the poor bugger needs a good holiday, I think the death of Emiliano has affected him badly and take his toll this season !!!

Everyone needs to start somewhere so I suspect everyone starts with none?

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    This is like brexit. Impossible to vote unless you know what the alternative is.
    And people are displaying a similar fear of the unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    If Tan wants any chance of getting his money back and returning to the PL he will not let Warnock go. WE have had too many bad managers to risk another one.
    Well, don't hire another Russell Slade type character!

International

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Stay as he has already indicated and then go for Gerrard 👍💙
    Yes, he said he wanted to stay and about Christmas be involved in finding his replacement. I can't see him being anything but good for the club in so many ways for another year, and his knowledge of the Championship you could not buy.

As for Gerard, I can't see that unless we bounce straight back up but there are Managers out there who could take over I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    So we go straight back up and replace him or do we keep him for another stay in the PL for another relegation season? I can't see how that would be progress. Sometimes you have to take a step backwards in order to make greater strides forward.
    True.

But sometimes the step backward is just followed by more steps backwards

So what do we gain by keeping him on and replacing him next summer rather than start afresh after relegation? If the answer is possible promotion, then we have the headache of replacing him once we go up. Can't see that working well.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    True.

But sometimes the step backward is just followed by more steps backwards
    Of course. However, we know the step backward is inevitable within the next year, so it will happen. It's not like we're going to keep Warnock for a number of seasons.

I think we should “bite the bullet” and let him go.
    My only concern is that we do not have a football man in the club who understands a 3 year strategy or playing style, so who will make the call - Choo or Dalman who desperately wanted Sjolkskar ?

Fresh start all around I think. Thanks for the ride but we have come off the tracks. Why did he mess up so badly at Fulham ? Wrong team selection he said !!! FFS that just about about finished us off.