+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Simple poll. Warnock stay or go?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Simple poll. Warnock stay or go?

100% Stay. If we go down there is no one better placed to get us back up. We have the basis of a strong Championship squad for next season and money available to strengthen further. The same people have been banging on, on this board, about getting rid of him almost since he arrived, including last season around Christmas when we lost four in a row and look how stupid that made them look. Every time we lose a couple or play badly, out they come again with their words of 'wisdom'. After what he has done for the club and everything that has happened this season (including Sala), they should show him more respect and get on their knees and beg him to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    100% Stay. If we go down there is no one better placed to get us back up.
    So we go straight back up and replace him or do we keep him for another stay in the PL for another relegation season? I can't see how that would be progress. Sometimes you have to take a step backwards in order to make greater strides forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    So we go straight back up and replace him or do we keep him for another stay in the PL for another relegation season? I can't see how that would be progress. Sometimes you have to take a step backwards in order to make greater strides forward.
    Well said!

I don’t think anyone is being ungrateful but we really need to start looking at the long term solution for the club and imho that’s the club moving on from warnock, I also don’t entirely trust him with recruitments in the summer and we need a massive overhaul of players

Bit of a daft question really, if you dont mind me saying so. He has already stated that he will see out his contract to the end of next season and then retire and also stated that if the owner/board wanted his help he would be happy to assist finding a new manager from around Christmas onwards. Therefore, whatever happens next season, it is extremely unlikely that he would be here beyond summer 2020.

Bit of a daft question really, if you dont mind me saying so. He has already stated that he will see out his contract to the end of next season and then retire and also stated that if the owner/board wanted his help he would be happy to assist finding a new manager from around Christmas onwards. Therefore, whatever happens next season, it is extremely unlikely that he would be here beyond summer 2020.
    This - as long as he stays healthy - he's staying and he deserves to.

In 9 months time Norwich/Sheff Utd will be calling for the heads of their managers - just like Fulham and Huddersfield fans did this season - and so the merry go round carries on.

Gerrard to replace warnock - FFS!!

So what do we gain by keeping him on and replacing him next summer rather than start afresh after relegation? If the answer is possible promotion, then we have the headache of replacing him once we go up. Can't see that working well.