+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Simple poll. Warnock stay or go?

Re: Simple poll. Warnock stay or go?

Stay

But use the year to improve/transform the infrastructure and capacity of the club, adopt a clear and public policy on the Academy (how it will be run and what it is for - especially given other threads describing how the u18s play a totally different way from the first team), and find a replacement manager early, using Warnock's advice and experience to do it, but not a new Warnock one generation younger.

Stay 100%

Interesting to see his 2nd season but the few games I've seen rangers this year he has them playing good football? Agree on his contacts and suspect he would give youth a chance when good enough?

If we beat Palace - Cup Final at Old Trafford

Stay he knows the Championship, build a team more equipped to go up being in a young coach to learn alongside him next year. Then make Warnock D.O.F.I
    know it's an off the wall suggestion.
    ,how about Bamba??

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Interesting to see his 2nd season but the few games I've seen rangers this year he has them playing good football? Agree on his contacts and suspect he would give youth a chance when good enough?
    We have no youth.

Stay to have another go at promotion then move on the following season regardless of whether we obtain promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    We have no youth.
    Yes we do

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Don't need to - the op posed a poll which was should Warnock stay or go and then someone said for those saying go name his replacement - my contribution was to say stay and then replace with Gerrard as Warnock as previously said he is here next year if he has his way. Hope that helps. ��
    It doesn't. You put forth a ridiculous name for a replacement based on next to nothing. I tried to point out that coming in second place with the second biggest team is not much of an achievement and you weirdly interpreted that as me putting myself as a candidate for the next manager of Cardiff City.

Sorry about the Man City result this morning. You must be really upset.

If we do go down then I would not be surprised if he left “by mutual consent” or other means. This would then mean that KB and RJ would have to go as well. We would have 3 years (I think) of parachute payments to sort ourselves out. As has been said already, a succession would need considerable planning. I am not entirely sure that the structure in the club is in place to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I’m not sure if he’ll make it as a good manager but he has some great contacts
    So did Solskjaer

Obviously a good manager with tactical nous is important but these days we also need a Technical Director and, more importantly for City, we desperately need a new approach to recruitment. Our track record in that department is poor at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    If we do go down then I would not be surprised if he left “by mutual consent” or other means. This would then mean that KB and RJ would have to go as well. We would have 3 years (I think) of parachute payments to sort ourselves out. As has been said already, a succession would need considerable planning. I am not entirely sure that the structure in the club is in place to do so.
    I have to agree. The management of the club as a whole doesn't make sense to me. We just wasted a massive business opportunity. And it seems like there's no plan for the future. I just watched Leicester demolish Arsenal this morning. I don't expect us to ever win the League, but it doesn't seem unreasonable for us to at least be able to match the likes of Leicester, Bournemouth, Watford and Wolves.

Go. Bring in someone to mould a new side with a different approach to our long ball game.

If he's going to leave in a season or two, I don't get what we have to gain by keeping him for another season. Anyone who comes in will have a rebuilding job to do to impose their style of play on the team. When better than now, once we've gone down? Suppose he won us promotion again next season. Would we want him in charge again in the PL? I wouldn't. He's proved that the top flight is out of his depth in terms of tactics and football played. Would he want yet another season? If we went up and got a new manager in, they'd likely want to change things. Not the best of times to be doing that unless we've got funds to do so.

I hope that Warnock stays. Without him we would not have had a season in the Premiership. Think people have got very short memories. Just hope that Vincent Tann provides the funds for a striker + midfielder and if so we could then possibly attempt to get promoted straight back up into the Premiership?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I have to agree. The management of the club as a whole doesn't make sense to me. We just wasted a massive business opportunity. And it seems like there's no plan for the future. I just watched Leicester demolish Arsenal this morning. I don't expect us to ever win the League, but it doesn't seem unreasonable for us to at least be able to match the likes of Leicester, Bournemouth, Watford and Wolves.
    Dave Jones' last season
    Malky's first season
    Malky's second season
    Malky and Ole
    Ole and Slade
    Slade
    Trollope and Warnock
    Warnock's first season
    Warnock's second season

Most of our recent past has been travelling in a very different direction to what came shortly before. We had a long term plan maybe just twice (Malky's first season, Trollope's short term reign) before Warnock had a summer window here. I don't think we'll reach where Leicester are now for at least 5 years of constant growth, such is the boost that winning the league has lead to, but we can aim for Leicester pre-league win for sure: that side had an identity, effective scouting programme and were already a big part of their local community with good facilities to match. That's the argument for keeping Warnock, spending on facilities and scouting programme, and allowing him to finish the job he started two years ago instead of another managerial change. Leicester were also bold in replacing managers at the right time and that may be the argument against.

The worst thing to do would be to try to completely change identity again.

Quote Originally Posted by fingers View Post
    Obviously a good manager with tactical nous is important but these days we also need a Technical Director and, more importantly for City, we desperately need a new approach to recruitment. Our track record in that department is poor at best.
    Recruitment in all areas, not just players. Whatever strengths our board has, a depth of football knowledge certainly isn't one. A huge part of Swansea's success was due to the large-conked traitor, who knows plenty about the game.

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    I hope that Warnock stays. Without him we would not have had a season in the Premiership. Think people have got very short memories. Just hope that Vincent Tann provides the funds for a striker + midfielder and if so we could then possibly attempt to get promoted straight back up into the Premiership?
    And then what? New manager to rip up things with a more modern approach or continuation with a manager who will be 72 with a track record of failure in the top division? This is my problem. If we need to rebuild and have a more modern style, now is the time to do it.

Go, because if we got promoted again we would never kick on. We need a fresh start with a new manager, somebody with modern ideas about how the game should be played.

If we're relegated, stay. If we manage to survive in the Prem, then go with lots of thanks for an amazing job.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Go, because if we got promoted again we would never kick on. We need a fresh start with a new manager, somebody with modern ideas about how the game should be played.
    The problem is we will never get promoted unless Warnock stays with his record in the Championship. Several posts fail to appreciate that Warnock has been operating on a budget that means he has to set up the team according to ability and deploy tactics suited to the players we have.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    The problem is we will never get promoted unless Warnock stays with his record in the Championship. Several posts fail to appreciate that Warnock has been operating on a budget that means he has to set up the team according to ability and deploy tactics suited to the players we have.
    Sorry but that's rubbish. Warnock has played this way with every club he's been at.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    Sorry but that's rubbish. Warnock has played this way with every club he's been at.
    That mayvwell be because at every team he has been at he has been working on a fairly meagre budget, particularly when it came to having funds in the premiership.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    I will be eternally grateful to Neil for all he has done at the club but it is time for him to go.

What about the rest of you? Stay or go?
    Go: for two reasons.
    I think we need a perspective that is longer than a year.
    I would hate to see him stay, have a bad first 10 any get slaughtered for it.

Despite being relegated if he were to go now his stock is still high.

If he were to go now he'd go an a high with a legacy intact allowing a new young manager the funds necessary to implement a new style