+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Simple poll. Warnock stay or go?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Simple poll. Warnock stay or go?

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    The problem is we will never get promoted unless Warnock stays with his record in the Championship. Several posts fail to appreciate that Warnock has been operating on a budget that means he has to set up the team according to ability and deploy tactics suited to the players we have.
    If we get promoted again would you want Warnock to stay? I doubt very much if any new manager would be able to work with all of the players that Warnock left behind, so we are looking at a rebuilding job, and that is why I am saying make the change now. Another promotion with Warnock would end up with the same outcome, and we would be no further down the road. What we need is a total rethink from top to bottom, because at the momet we are not a viable Premier League proposition, and applying a few more sticky plasters isn't going to hide that fact.

If we're relegated, stay. If we manage to survive in the Prem, then go with lots of thanks for an amazing job.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    The problem is we will never get promoted unless Warnock stays with his record in the Championship. Several posts fail to appreciate that Warnock has been operating on a budget that means he has to set up the team according to ability and deploy tactics suited to the players we have.
    Sorry but that's rubbish. Warnock has played this way with every club he's been at.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    Sorry but that's rubbish. Warnock has played this way with every club he's been at.
    That mayvwell be because at every team he has been at he has been working on a fairly meagre budget, particularly when it came to having funds in the premiership.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    That mayvwell be because at every team he has been at he has been working on a fairly meagre budget, particularly when it came to having funds in the premiership.
    Didn’t he have a good amount at QPR?

I will be eternally grateful to Neil for all he has done at the club but it is time for him to go.

What about the rest of you? Stay or go?
    Go: for two reasons.
    I think we need a perspective that is longer than a year.
    I would hate to see him stay, have a bad first 10 any get slaughtered for it.

Despite being relegated if he were to go now his stock is still high.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    Go: for two reasons.
    I think we need a perspective that is longer than a year.
    Bingo.

As I posted earlier, I fail to see what long term good could be achieved by keeping him on. That's not to sound ungrateful for the excellent job he's done. If he was younger and more long term planning I'd maybe reconsider, but he's not. It's about the here and now. If he could have kept us up it would have been the perfect opportunity to hand over the reins. Now we're going down (bar an absolute miracle) we need to have a longer term plan than one season of Warnock.

If he were to go now he'd go an a high with a legacy intact allowing a new young manager the funds necessary to implement a new style

Stay

Come on Neil, get the players fighting for two more games.

Go.

If we do get relegated, and if we were then to mount a promotion challenge next season, it would be just a case of déjà vu with Warnock at the helm. I wouldn't trust him with any kind of war chest, he prefers the type of players who are.. "Strong in the arm, thick in the head", carthorses who'll run all day! Victor Camarasa is the exception to this, but he wasn't really scouted by us, he landed on our doorstep courtesy of the friendly match we played pre-season against Real Betis and the influence his girlfriend had on helping him make the decision to join us. He was a last minute signing, imagine how bereft of ability our midfield would have further been without him.

It frustrates the hell out of me to continually see all of our summer outlays sitting on the bench each game or not even making the matchday squad.
    A Premier League club and we resorted to bringing on a striker who was on loan at Milton Keynes Dons in League Two. Danny Ward who's done little in his time at the club (not for a want of trying, in fairness) to inspire any real confidence in the fans was greeted onto the pitch against Fulham as if he was the next messiah, such was our desperation.

Our widemen are usually burnt out in games because of Warnocks insistence that they track back and help out our defence, a policy that puts them more in the critical spotlight for any defensive mistakes they might make, rather than encourage attacking flair and prowess.

I found it mind-numbing to watch our football at times, even those teams below us (Huddersfield & Fulham) have looked much more comfortable on the ball and dominated possession against us.

A big thank you for all what you've done for our club Neil, you are like the Red Adair of football.

It’s a tough one!
    If we go down then we have the man knows this squad , will have his plan on replacements and how to get out of the division but would you give him much to spend knowing he is leaving at end of season. Also are we potentially wasting a year ( and parachute money ) to start the inevitable rebuild of our squad and playing style once he does leave?

Also what happens if he did win promotion again or if things go wrong next season and come October we are mid table? , I’d hate to hear the chants of “Warnock out “and “you’re getting sacked in the morning “ after the efforts of past 3 seasons.

If the miracle happens and we stay up then I would say thank you but it’s time for change.

Stay, we need some stability next season

100% Stay. If we go down there is no one better placed to get us back up. We have the basis of a strong Championship squad for next season and money available to strengthen further. The same people have been banging on, on this board, about getting rid of him almost since he arrived, including last season around Christmas when we lost four in a row and look how stupid that made them look. Every time we lose a couple or play badly, out they come again with their words of 'wisdom'. After what he has done for the club and everything that has happened this season (including Sala), they should show him more respect and get on their knees and beg him to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    100% Stay. If we go down there is no one better placed to get us back up.
    So we go straight back up and replace him or do we keep him for another stay in the PL for another relegation season? I can't see how that would be progress. Sometimes you have to take a step backwards in order to make greater strides forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    So we go straight back up and replace him or do we keep him for another stay in the PL for another relegation season? I can't see how that would be progress. Sometimes you have to take a step backwards in order to make greater strides forward.
    Well said!

I don’t think anyone is being ungrateful but we really need to start looking at the long term solution for the club and imho that’s the club moving on from warnock, I also don’t entirely trust him with recruitments in the summer and we need a massive overhaul of players

Bit of a daft question really, if you dont mind me saying so. He has already stated that he will see out his contract to the end of next season and then retire and also stated that if the owner/board wanted his help he would be happy to assist finding a new manager from around Christmas onwards. Therefore, whatever happens next season, it is extremely unlikely that he would be here beyond summer 2020.

Bit of a daft question really, if you dont mind me saying so. He has already stated that he will see out his contract to the end of next season and then retire and also stated that if the owner/board wanted his help he would be happy to assist finding a new manager from around Christmas onwards. Therefore, whatever happens next season, it is extremely unlikely that he would be here beyond summer 2020.
    This - as long as he stays healthy - he's staying and he deserves to.

In 9 months time Norwich/Sheff Utd will be calling for the heads of their managers - just like Fulham and Huddersfield fans did this season - and so the merry go round carries on.

Gerrard to replace warnock - FFS!!

So what do we gain by keeping him on and replacing him next summer rather than start afresh after relegation? If the answer is possible promotion, then we have the headache of replacing him once we go up. Can't see that working well.

Stay!!!!!!

This is like brexit. Impossible to vote unless you know what the alternative is.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    This is like brexit. Impossible to vote unless you know what the alternative is.
    And people are displaying a similar fear of the unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    And just like brexit it appears to be a 50/50 split.

And just like brexit it appears to be a 50/50 split.
    Its at least 60/40 for stay on here and possibly higher. If you asked people who regularly go to matches or actually in the ground at a match, it would be 95/5 to stay.

Many are saying go then commenting that there needs to be a well thought out plan of changing our footballing direction and recruitment.

This is CCFC with Tan at the helm we are on about.

As much as I would like to think the Warnock appointment was a well thought out move, given the previous record of this Chairman/Board I feel it more fits the 'take a punt' mould that has worked out better than many could have imagined.

In short I would be less than confident of the board being able to put a manager and plan in place to change the direction of the club and the way we do things off the pitch (mainly recruiting) and although I don't think we will be an established Premier League club under Warnock any time soon the club have shown on more than one occasion they can get things a lot, lot more wrong than this.