+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Next Season

Next Season

Although not "mathematically" down realistically I'm looking at where we are Championship wise...I think we will have to do without

Etheridge (Will be picked up as a premier No1/squad player
    Bennett Ditto
    Manga...Will go on a free
    Richards Ditto
    Arter - stay in prem
    Camarasa - ditto
    Gunners - gone
    Harris - will go on a free for more money
    Hoillet - ditto
    Niasse - will go elsewhere
    Madine- stay at Utd

That's 11 players 8 who are currently in the first 11.

Whichever way you look at it that's major surgery required.

The club needs to decide if its a short term fix or a more fundamental change required.

My view is we seem to be in a good position but need a long term vision is needed....not sure this club has ever been up for this though

Re: Next Season

Quote Originally Posted by I'll give you the Malky!! View Post
    Although not "mathematically" down realistically I'm looking at where we are Championship wise...I think we will have to do without

Etheridge (Will be picked up as a premier No1/squad player
    Bennett Ditto
    Manga...Will go on a free
    Richards Ditto
    Arter - stay in prem
    Camarasa - ditto
    Gunners - gone
    Harris - will go on a free for more money
    Hoillet - ditto
    Niasse - will go elsewhere
    Madine- stay at Utd

That's 11 players 8 who are currently in the first 11.

Whichever way you look at it that's major surgery required.

The club needs to decide if its a short term fix or a more fundamental change required.

My view is we seem to be in a good position but need a long term vision is needed....not sure this club has ever been up for this though
    I read somewhere that the club have another year's option on Bruno's contract - Warnock was pretty certain he'd be staying a few weeks ago. Also, I'd be surprised if Sheffield United sign Madine for the Premier League, but I think he'll probably be off elsewhere during the summer - pretty sure Hoilett has another year left on his deal as well.

I agree with you though that it should be a business summer in terms of player arrivals/departures and, if there is to be a change of manager, you would think that it would be pretty soon after the season ends.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I read somewhere that the club have another year's option on Bruno's contract - Warnock was pretty certain he'd be staying a few weeks ago. Also, I'd be surprised if Sheffield United sign Madine for the Premier League, but I think he'll probably be off elsewhere during the summer - pretty sure Hoilett has another year left on his deal as well.

I agree with you though that it should be a business summer in terms of player arrivals/departures and, if there is to be a change of manager, you would think that it would be pretty soon after the season ends.
    I’d put momey on Etheridge still being here and I reckon it’s better than 50/50 we will keep Bennett for at least 1 more season too.

So the team that started Saturday less Camerasa , Gunnar and Niasse, who all cane off will still be here.

In fact the team that finished with say Ralls and or Patterson in for Healy (and maybe 1 other) would still be here next season.

Still need a right back, plus 2 midfielders at least, plus probably a striker. If everyone except the loaners/ out of contract players stay.

Hope Spence and maybe 1 or 2 others step up from the youth and they are used as squad players rather than bringing in more journeymen.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

I am sure i read an article in the Daily Mail around 2 weeks ago that Tan has asked Warnock to stay for another year (whatever division they are in) and that Warnock has agreed.
    Furthermore, Warnock has agreed to lead the team to appoint his successor.
    All bad news to me as I agree with the sentiments that we need to start the process of change, which will not happen with Warnock still there.
    Also would prefer that he didn't get involved with appointing his successor as we may end up with a younger version of himself.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    I am sure i read an article in the Daily Mail around 2 weeks ago that Tan has asked Warnock to stay for another year (whatever division they are in) and that Warnock has agreed.
    Furthermore, Warnock has agreed to lead the team to appoint his successor.
    All bad news to me as I agree with the sentiments that we need to start the process of change, which will not happen with Warnock still there.
    Also would prefer that he didn't get involved with appointing his successor as we may end up with a younger version of himself.
    Whatever you think of warnock- no way he should be allowed to pick his successor. That's ridiculous.

And people talk about him moving upstairs for us. Frankly I couldn't think of anyone worse to do such a role! His strength is man management not the admin side of the game. In fact the money he spends is always wasted- him charge of signing players would not be good.

Fulham will walk the championship next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    Wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    Agree. 160 points at least. By Christmas.

Hoilett is contracted until 2021