+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Niasse watching the injured player for ten minutues

Niasse watching the injured player for ten minutues

He was rubbish after that, it obviously affected him and us more than Fulham.

Why didn't Morrison or Warnock pull him away and let Fulham wory about him, we could have had a mini team talk and gained an advantage, instead we went backwards and they gained the advantage!!!

Re: Niasse watching the injured player for ten minutues

Rubbish after that ? He’s been a waste of a shirt since he came here IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    No World beater but he's done his job in holding the ball up and running all game, we obviously needed a Striker of Mitrovic quality or above but couldn't get one, and maybe Emiliano could have made the difference.

But against Fulham he was far below his normal level after the injury, it affected him badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebina View Post
    No World beater but he's done his job in holding the ball up and running all game, we obviously needed a Striker of Mitrovic quality or above but couldn't get one, and maybe Emiliano could have made the difference.

But against Fulham he was far below his normal level after the injury, it affected him badly.
    Maybe I dont understand the game then, holding the ball ? How can he do that when his first touch and control is and has been dreadful.

I agree on one point he may have looked very slightly better with a player, playing off him, but that isn't how he's been used.

Agree 100%, he's got away with a free ride. Madine had so much stick and yet they've both produced the same zero goals.

The only way Niasse can redeem himself is by scoring the winners against Palace & Manure. Although personally I think Danny Ward deserves the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebina View Post

I agree that he has done the job of holding up the ball and bringing others into the game better than anyone else at the club in that position but his finishing is Ronnie Moore-esque.

Was he affected by the injury? Admittedly he didn't have a very good game, but I didn't notice that the injury affected him.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Agree 100%, he's got away with a free ride. Madine had so much stick and yet they've both produced the same zero goals.

The only way Niasse can redeem himself is by scoring the winners against Palace & Manure. Although personally I think Danny Ward deserves the start.
    Agreed. Although the only way I can see Niasse score is if the ball bounces off his knee, or similar. Ward ran his socks off but did pick up a knock. Three up up front v Palace. (Not Niasse) If they score three, we'll score four. Anything other than 80 mins of defending and hit n hope tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I agree that he has done the job of holding up the ball and bringing others into the game better than anyone else at the club in that position but his finishing is Ronnie Moore-esque.

Was he affected by the injury? Admittedly he didn't have a very good game, but I didn't notice that the injury affected him.
    But he's rarely had any chance to finish, i cant think of many examples where he has held and controlled the ball to bring others in to play. Surely holding means, controlling and being able to keep the ball until A.N Other gets in a position to receive the ball. He did it once quite well at Fulham on Saturday, but other than that i am struggling. I can remember we used to talk about Earnie having a poor first touch, but he had so much more to his game than Niasse has to his.

But he's rarely had any chance to finish, i cant think of many examples where he has held and controlled the ball to bring others in to play. Surely holding means, controlling and being able to keep the ball until A.N Other gets in a position to receive the ball. He did it once quite well at Fulham on Saturday, but other than that i am struggling. I can remember we used to talk about Earnie having a poor first touch, but he had so much more to his game than Niasse has to his.
    He has done it lots of times, in all of the games that I have seen him play. It is the one thing that he is decent at, and it is a thankless task.

Whereas he is not a finisher, he is ten times the player that Madine is and will ever be. That HAS to be SOME reason why Everton bought him and he still plays in the Premier League.

PS . Note to self: if Sheffield Utd buy Madine (we live in hope) then he WILL actually be at a Premier League club next season

He's never worth his money great against WHU , I still think he'd be dangerous in teh Companionship though

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    He has done it lots of times, in all of the games that I have seen him play. It is the one thing that he is decent at, and it is a thankless task.

Whereas he is not a finisher, he is ten times the player that Madine is and will ever be. That HAS to be SOME reason why Everton bought him and he still plays in the Premier League.

PS . Note to self: if Sheffield Utd buy Madine (we live in hope) then he WILL actually be at a Premier League club next season
    I've heard we selling him to them for 3 million, then buying him back for 10 million in Jan window ,just to say we signed a premiership striker

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I've heard we selling him to them for 3 million, then buying him back for 10 million in Jan window ,just to say we signed a premiership striker

lol! But probably true knowing us...... ;-)

Maybe I dont understand the game then, holding the ball ? How can he do that when his first touch and control is and has been dreadful.

I agree on one point he may have looked very slightly better with a player, playing off him, but that isn't how he's been used.
    Agree with the comments which means we will probably make the signing permanent in the summer ��

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    He's never worth his money great against WHU , I still think he'd be dangerous in teh Companionship though
    I don't.

To be a successful striker in the Championship you still need the basic fundamental techniques of control, vision and awareness; he lacks all of the aforementioned. He's not slow, but he's not explosive either, difficult to say if he has any strengths to his game to be honest. He would still frustrate the hell out of us in the Championship.

I hope Ward & Reid start on Saturday.

Niasse can go back now; he’s just going to be a quiz question in years to come.