+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Game Of Thrones

Game Of Thrones

Watched it tonight on Sky Atlantic and could not see a thing, shame spoiled a great episode

Re: Game Of Thrones

My Mrs loves it.
    I hid behind the settee

granted we do not pay for Atlantic HD but I do expect it to be visible at the least.

re-watching it now found a cracking 1080p stream online, can not be right when I am paying for sky, but get 10x better quality watching it on for free on my laptop.

Found the ending of the episode somewhat underwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Found the ending of the episode somewhat underwhelming.
    I was very dissatisfied with what they done with the Knight king almost as if they’ve rushed it without any backstory, he’s such an interesting character we needed to know more about it him other than bran just saying he’s here for me

Probably the worst episode of the whole series.Plot holes galore.
    All these years of build up just for the writers to crap themselves and bottle it in this episode.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    Probably the worst episode of the whole series.Plot holes galore.
    All these years of build up just for the writers to crap themselves and bottle it in this episode.
    I suspect the end of series will be the same.
    GRR Martin had written an epic story, but overreached himself and couldn't finish it.
    The TV producers effectively took over writing the ending (from a couple of seasons ago) and it just isn't as good as the first half of the story arc.

And I hate all this modern "atmospheric" filming these days.
    OK, the episode took place at night, but with all the torches, inside and out, they could have let us see what was going on ffs.

Agree with what’s being said.
    The TV series outgrew GRR Martin and the crave for more GOT was too much.
    In hindsight the creators probably should’ve waited until the next book if it comes and if it doesn’t, so be it.
    The last two seasons have been rushed even including crappy cameos from Ed bloody Sheeran.
    Whilst the episodes are still a spectacle to watch, they aren’t any better really than other TV series such as Black Sails and Vikings.
    All in all, a shame.

I think the episode was hyped way too much, it was spectacular in terms of filming but the plot was disappointing and didn't have the great shocks and twist and turns that the early part of the series had in abundance and there were gaping plot holes too, which this series has not had before. All the discussion about the deaths of so many beloved characters didn't happen and it felt like a wasted opportunity

The battle scene, though long, wasn't anywhere near the standard of the battle of the B*stards

Glad others felt the same, I thought it was just me.
    I wonder whether the darkness was deliberate as to try and "hide the cracks".

I found some of the scenes, the ones with the dragons fighting with the leaders riding them, no better than Jason and the Argonauts made over half a century ago! Flash Gordon (Buster Crabbe) would also give it a run for its money!

The last series with the night dragon taking down the wall was fantastic but they seemed to "over-egg" it this time.

Many fantasy films become dated with time but this episode doesn't need time. It's already dated.

Look out Cersei... they're coming to get you!!!

Just watched it and am still trying to figure out what happened. Film and television entertainment has been around for over a hundred years - to repeat, it's entertainment, so the modern day reality which says that as something is taking place at night it must be practically impossible to see what is happening should be ignored or, at the very least, tempered.

Still, looking at the trailer for the rest of the series, at least the two dragons survived .

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Just watched it and am still trying to figure out what happened. Film and television entertainment has been around for over a hundred years - to repeat, it's entertainment, so the modern day reality which says that as something is taking place at night it must be practically impossible to see what is happening should be ignored or, at the very least, tempered.

Still, looking at the trailer for the rest of the series, at least the two dragons survived .
    I agree with all the above will all the build up they could have really made something special.

I watched the first ten minutes yesterday morning, but could hardly see a thing, so waited until last night when it was dark before I watched it all, you could see a lot more but it was still too dark.

I agree they rushed the killing of him and as someone said above what was he all about they didn't expand on him at all?

If you haven't watched it yet or are going to try again, wait till it is very dark, it does make it better !!!

Quote Originally Posted by alan_corneli View Post
    Look out Cersei... they're coming to get you!!!
    This is the thing, surely Dany and Jon have next to nothing resembling an army left, certainly not one that could best Cersei. There must be a twist coming, it doesn't make any sense for her to have 25k men remaining based off what was shown to us in episode 3. I'd like to see some sort of twist surrounding the Golden Company, but don't really see how that could be properly told and executed in less than two episodes. HBO have made a massive mistake not doubling down and making more funds available to just pay the actors and produce another series. This is so rushed.

I liked the episode

This is the last season and I anticipated some story lines ending more quickly than perhaps how George would have written them had the books kept ahead of the series

It was always going to feel a bit rushed but I thought it was done very well. Transferring the tension into the castle was a good move

This is the thing, surely Dany and Jon have next to nothing resembling an army left, certainly not one that could best Cersei. There must be a twist coming, it doesn't make any sense for her to have 25k men remaining based off what was shown to us in episode 3. I'd like to see some sort of twist surrounding the Golden Company, but don't really see how that could be properly told and executed in less than two episodes. HBO have made a massive mistake not doubling down and making more funds available to just pay the actors and produce another series. This is so rushed.
    Noticed that the director of the first two episodes is directing the fourth and the director who done yesterday’s episode (and the Battle of the Bastards no less) is directing the fifth.
    My assumption is next episode will be a “prepare for battle” type episode with number 5 being the blockbuster.
    6 is directed by the original writers and I imagine that’ll be a “closure” episode.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    I liked the episode

This is the last season and I anticipated some story lines ending more quickly than perhaps how George would have written them had the books kept ahead of the series

It was always going to feel a bit rushed but I thought it was done very well. Transferring the tension into the castle was a good move

This series must have made everyone a shit load of money, they are supposed to be doing some sort of spin-offs, aren't they ???

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebina View Post
    This series must have made everyone a shit load of money, they are supposed to be doing some sort of spin-offs, aren't they ???
    A prequel

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebina View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    A prequel
    Game Of Potties?

The two remaining dragons will, presumably, take care of the Golden Company, Euron’s Ironborn and the Lannister army. Unless, that is, Qyburn has commissioned more scorpions. In the episode “The Spoils of War” the Battle of the Goldroad showed that humans have very little defence against the dragons’ fire.

I agree that it was way too dark to view, is it available online anywhere in a better quality than sky?

Quote Originally Posted by cantonboy View Post
    I agree that it was way too dark to view, is it available online anywhere in a better quality than sky?
    its no better in 1080p

Happy to say I have not watched one single episode , nor any of the lord Of the rings films , same with Harry bleeding potter , nor Star Wars prequels or sequels Nor shrek

Quote Originally Posted by walinoz View Post
    Happy to say I have not watched one single episode , nor any of the lord Of the rings films , same with Harry bleeding potter , nor Star Wars prequels or sequels Nor shrek
    Shrek is fecking awesome

Quote Originally Posted by walinoz View Post
    Prefer Strictly..???