+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Game Of Thrones

Re: Game Of Thrones

Wow.. don't understand these comments!

The episode was incredible!

If you watched the episode in anything less than 1080p HD in 2019, and also in anything other than a dark room then it's on you if you couldn't see anything.

They were fighting the army of the dead at night, and you want perfect lighting? Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Baker View Post
    If you watched the episode in anything less than 1080p HD in 2019, and also in anything other than a dark room then it's on you if you couldn't see anything.

They were fighting the army of the dead at night, and you want perfect lighting? Lol.
    If 1080 is the same as 4K then I agree. It was shown in 4K here and the picture clarity was fantastic throughout. Bigger the TV better the experience though

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post

This - I've watched it 3 times

Quote Originally Posted by alan_corneli View Post
    Look out Cersei... they're coming to get you!!!
    I wish I was 😍

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post

Agreed.
    Also, my tv is an old 32" flat screen and I had no problems viewing it with no lighting on.

Don't forget Melisandre's prophesy that Arya would kill individuals with...brown eyes, green eyes and blue eyes.
    What colour are Cersei's eyes?

Quote Originally Posted by cantonboy View Post
    Don't forget Melisandre's prophesy that Arya would kill individuals with...brown eyes, green eyes and blue eyes.
    What colour are Cersei's eyes?
    That prophecy was already fulfilled, it represents the three faces she killed while training with the faceless. brown eyes = Meryn Trent, green eyes = Walder Frey and Blue eyes = Little Finger

In order to try and make it work for this season they had to re-edit the prophecy (if you watch season 3 it is spoken differently to the last episode) The writers admitted they chose Arya recently as a surprise as it was the last person they originally thought of, hence trying to back track and make the story work.

One thing I am not a fan off, is how OP Arya suddenly is, it seems like as a fan favourite they just making Arya into a super character to keep people on twitter happy. She has had all of the big kills last couple of seasons, she has killed the NK and as you said possibly Cersei? My God I hope not. All because she randomly met a guy who trained her with a stick. Since the book material run out, the writers have just run with her, and ignored all the character development George RR had built.

If George RR Martin ends the series with Arya single handily jumping 30 feet over the generals heads and kills the NK, while John screams at a dragon, then I will apologies. Thankfully I am 99% certain this will not happen as he is not a shit writer like David Benioff.

Maybe it is my fault as a book fan watching the series in the first place, the problem is they did a good job at accurately adapting the first 3 series so I was committed from there. I am sure these episodes keep casual viewers very happy, just a shame they seem to flying in the face of the spirit of game of thrones and what George RR intended.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    That prophecy was already fulfilled, it represents the three faces she killed while training with the faceless. brown eyes = Meryn Trent, green eyes = Walder Frey and Blue eyes = Little Finger

In order to try and make it work for this season they had to re-edit the prophecy (if you watch season 3 it is spoken differently to the last episode) The writers admitted they chose Arya recently as a surprise as it was the last person they originally thought of, hence trying to back track and make the story work.

One thing I am not a fan off, is how OP Arya suddenly is, it seems like as a fan favourite they just making Arya into a super character to keep people on twitter happy. She has had all of the big kills last couple of seasons, she has killed the NK and as you said possibly Cersei? My God I hope not. All because she randomly met a guy who trained her with a stick. Since the book material run out, the writers have just run with her, and ignored all the character development George RR had built.

If George RR Martin ends the series with Arya single handily jumping 30 feet over the generals heads and kills the NK, while John screams at a dragon, then I will apologies. Thankfully I am 99% certain this will not happen as he is not a shit writer like David Benioff.

Maybe it is my fault as a book fan watching the series in the first place, the problem is they did a good job at accurately adapting the first 3 series so I was committed from there. I am sure these episodes keep casual viewers very happy, just a shame they seem to flying in the face of the spirit of game of thrones and what George RR intended.
    Apparently the writers liaised with Martin about how he would like the story to end.
    However in true GRR Martin fashion, if he does finish the books, I hope it’s completely different to how the tv series ended.

I liked it, that bit at the start with the Dothraki charging in was one of the most dramatic and sequences I've seen in a long time. Brilliant use of light as a storytelling tool for that too (although I agree a lot of it was a bit on the dark side)

If Jaime doesn’t kill Cersei then I’m going to be seriously pissed

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Think it'll be the other way round. As he stands in her way from killing Tyrion.

I'll be more pissed if The Hound doesn't kill Mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    I didn't get it that way, as soon as there was a pause and emphasis on "and blue eyes", I thought it was obviously that Arya would kill the NK and was a big plot giveaway

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I've only watched the first 5 minutes, will watch the rest later. Superb, accurate & funny. No about that cavalry charge, obviously not studied Agincourt

I haven’t watched ozzy mans reviews yet come to think of it

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post

I just think they missed a trick and should’ve had an epic one on one with Jon boy and the NK and still could’ve kept the ending, I was just disappointed that we’ve had this build up of the NK but only ever had glimpses then they end him just like that, I’m still confused how he can take that shot of dragon fire but a little dagger smashes him in to a 1000 pieces, I do think there’s a big twist left to come with Bran
    But that's the thing, night King didn't want to fight Jon Snow one on one, that's why he raised the dead. He thought Snow was his only threat, then swoop ****ing have that! Here's your real nemesis. Brilliant.

If Dany and Jon had flown to the back of the ranks of the dead they could have just picked them off instead of send the Dothraki to be slaughtered. And how come the dead act like ****ing zombies but fight like highly trained warriors? Whatever. Watched it again this morning. Great episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    I didn't get it that way, as soon as there was a pause and emphasis on "and blue eyes", I thought it was obviously that Arya would kill the NK and was a big plot giveaway
    Agreed and I liked the twist if it being Arya to take out the NK when the build up led us to believe it would be Jon Snow who faced him one on one.

All in all, i really enjoyed that episode. Watched it again tonight in the dark and it's even better!

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    If Dany and Jon had flown to the back of the ranks of the dead they could have just picked them off instead of send the Dothraki to be slaughtered. And how come the dead act like ****ing zombies but fight like highly trained warriors? Whatever. Watched it again this morning. Great episode.
    The thing is, I'm sure a lot of the plot-holes people pick out are explained in the books (well, ones that were written, anyway). There's just not enough time to cram in every possible explanation.

shame of thrones
    turned into prince of persia cgi garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    shame of thrones
    turned into prince of persia cgi garbage.
    Agreed.
    Very poor, we deserved a better ending for Cersei.

Now I'm thinking that Tyrion will kill the (new) Mad Queen.

Spoilers

The writing for this season has been a shambles. Pacing of the episodes has been a mess, trying to conclude multiple storyline in just 6 episodes was always going to be a disaster. With the exception of Theon it's ruined the character arcs of most of the main characters.

Last nights episode, despite being entertaining and you can't fault the performances of the actors/actresses and the production, set design etc... But the story just feels so panicked and rushed compared to the seasons that came before it.

Hoping the prequel that is to come returns back to the same storytelling pace of the initial seasons.

I agree the entire season has been a bit rushed.