Not enjoyed it really. I think what I have realised is, well what I already knew really, and that is that the character depth and development is what has made the show. IN the earlier season the budget wasn't as grand, the game, the scheming, twists were what made it what it was for me.

I did fear that it would be too much to cover in one season and so it seems. The pace has been sped up, main characters have been killed off with rather unspectacular endings (Jaime and Cersei being killed by rubble felt a little bit like cheating).

Jaime's character has been increasingly growing on me, and then at a drop of a hat he is back to not caring about anyone else but his sister.

As said above, it just feels rushed.

There has always been some brutal action and gore but that was the finish to some fantastic scripts, this season it feels like the gore and action is all there really is.

I have sympathy for the writers though, finishing the story under such expectation was always going to be a massive challenge. I wonder how much input George RR Martin has had.