+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Game Of Thrones

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Game Of Thrones

I think the episode was hyped way too much, it was spectacular in terms of filming but the plot was disappointing and didn't have the great shocks and twist and turns that the early part of the series had in abundance and there were gaping plot holes too, which this series has not had before. All the discussion about the deaths of so many beloved characters didn't happen and it felt like a wasted opportunity

The battle scene, though long, wasn't anywhere near the standard of the battle of the B*stards

Re: Game Of Thrones

Glad others felt the same, I thought it was just me.
    I wonder whether the darkness was deliberate as to try and "hide the cracks".

I found some of the scenes, the ones with the dragons fighting with the leaders riding them, no better than Jason and the Argonauts made over half a century ago! Flash Gordon (Buster Crabbe) would also give it a run for its money!

The last series with the night dragon taking down the wall was fantastic but they seemed to "over-egg" it this time.

Many fantasy films become dated with time but this episode doesn't need time. It's already dated.