+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Game Of Thrones

Re: Game Of Thrones

Finale was last night over here. The whole last season has been shite and the final episode didn’t improve on that

I thought the finale was OK. For once I stayed up and watched at 2.00 am - and I was fairly pleased with the way that the plotlines were tied off or resolved. It was a little bit too contrived at times in order to explain what happened to all the main characters (the council of lords....), but the outcome made sense, and there were not many of the character and plot lurches that we saw in the two previous episodes.

I can't wait for the sequels: 'ARYA IN AMERICOS', 'JON SNOW IN THE SNOW' and 'THE 3 EYED RAVEN KNOWS STUFF'.

Rushed as hell. Soooo disappointing end to a great aeries.

And..
    after the coffe cup fiasco, the final episode has TWO water bottles left in shot!

Lazy writing, lazier editing.

This show deserved better.

Looking forward to the remake in 10-15 years when the books have actually been released.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Rushed as hell. Soooo disappointing end to a great aeries.

And..
    after the coffe cup fiasco, the final episode has TWO water bottles left in shot!

Lazy writing, lazier editing.

This show deserved better.
    Time is not going to be kind to the writers of the show, particularly as HBO have thrown them under the bus, stating they turned down the opportunity for far more episodes. Looking more and more like a) the series was rushed and b) rushed because they want to start their star wars commitments.

GRRM should share quite a lot of the blame as well, 8 years to finish any book is quite frankly absurd.

Really disappointed, so rushed, wont go into detail about the plot holes in case people watching later,

So here is my take..

I really liked the last episode! pacing was much better, tied up loose ends nicely and nothing to spectacular which you do not need on the last episode (that stuff should rightly come before)

dialogue and acting and characters were all true to themselves.

However I can not believe we have got here in 5 episodes... 2 seasons would have been perfect but even if they had just done the extra 3 episodes HBO offered it could have saved a lot of the development issues

Why does he need a master of whisperers?
    What was point of Jons parentage?
    Why would the rest of westeros accept a Stark as king when he's from the North which just declared it's independence? Why couldn't the heads of the other houses request this?

Quote Originally Posted by darran1927 View Post
    Why does he need a master of whisperers?
    What was point of Jons parentage?
    Why would the rest of westeros accept a Stark as king when he's from the North which just declared it's independence? Why couldn't the heads of the other houses request this?
    How did unsullied find out about Dany dying as if Jon told them surely would have killed him instantly

Quote Originally Posted by darran1927 View Post
    How did unsullied find out about Dany dying as if Jon told them surely would have killed him instantly
    some of your questions are a bit pedantic

I thought the ending was fine. The whole series has been rushed and would have made more sense spread over 10 episodes or 2 more series but the season finale mostly worked - and Jon Snow at least patted Ghost this time!

Haven't enjoyed season 8 but was quite happy with the finale, within the world the season had led it to at least. Tied up the characters, decent enough ending.

However the whole season has felt rushed, character development replaced by visually pleasing action scenes. Feel like it could have been much better but in the end I'm glad I feel as though the final episode at least made the best of the situation.

I'll need to rewatch the episode again to fully process it but my immediate reaction is disappointed, there's still so much unanswered and a lot of characters who have major parts to play or at least they did originally and in the books but have become pointless, there has been no natural progression in this series and the last it's hardly surprising that the show has taken a downward spiral since they've ran out of material

I’d suggest watching the last episode whilst doing something else. Yawn yawn zzzzzzzzzz!

Top tip : watch the last few episodes with the sound off, add your own dialogue and its like watching an expensive version of monty python, the holy grail.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    They only needed to spend big on 2 episodes but no need to go over the top imo especially not to the extent they have that seriously hurts the story line, I'm convinced Arya only killed the knight king because she's a women and that seems to be the in thing now with the me too movement I don't really mind her killing him but there has to be some reasoning behind it ffs she didn't even know who they were 2 episodes ago then she's busting Jon's balls don't forget who you are and where you come from blah blah blah then ****s off to kings landing herself swearing never to come back it's become obvious dumb and dumber haven't really taken any advice from George and without the books directing them they haven't got a clue, let's just hope he actually finishes the books
    Sexist alert

Last episode was absolutely SHITE ..... Struggled to stay awake

The underlying mystery of the whole series was Jon's true parentage.
    Then it is revealed.
    Then it is ignored - he's sent off to the Wall - which serves no purpose whatsoever now that the NK and walkers are gone.

I thought it would be much better if his bloodline wasn't revealed;
    He becomes more and more disillusioned with Dany's growing mad streak (slowly, not crammed into a few episodes);
    She accuses him of treason;
    She gets the dragon to burn him - but he doesn't burn, and we (and the cast) find he's Targaryen

I enjoyed the series and the ending - it's a fantasy and shouldn't be taken as seriously as some people seem to.
    However, do I sense a growing demand for a 'People's Remake' because not everybody liked the end result?

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Sexist alert
    Do explain? I said I don’t have an issue with her killing him but there needs to be some reasoning behind it

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    I enjoyed the series and the ending - it's a fantasy and shouldn't be taken as seriously as some people seem to.
    However, do I sense a growing demand for a 'People's Remake' because not everybody liked the end result?
    It was rubbish, Cersei should have somehow survived and murdered her, about as believable and John Snow being allowed to wander in and stab her!

Then instead of more battles, lets just give the six Kingdoms to the disabled kid that can hardly string a sentance together, oh and you can have the north Sansa, just like that!

I just hope that GRRM gets round to finishing the books so we can read a (hopefully) more coherent ending to a great story.

what is the point of the black watch and the great wall now ?

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    what is the point of the black watch and the great wall now ?
    Tourist attraction?