+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Game Of Thrones

Re: Game Of Thrones

Just not into fantasy and sci fi ,give me real life dramas / war films any day , been meaning to watch shrek just haven’t got round to it lol

Quote Originally Posted by walinoz View Post
    Just not into fantasy and sci fi ,give me real life dramas / war films any day , been meaning to watch shrek just haven’t got round to it lol
    I can take or leave star wars, over hyped imo
    Game of thrones, fair enough.

Lord Of The Rings, however. Has got to be a film to see before you die mate, just pure quality.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    I can take or leave star wars, over hyped imo
    Game of thrones, fair enough.

Lord Of The Rings, however. Has got to be a film to see before you die mate, just pure quality.
    Even better now he could watch the hobbits first

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Even better now he could watch the hobbits first
    Not sure if this is an uncommon or controversial opinion, but I really was not fussed on the hobbit trilogy

Just watched GoT again, in a dark room.
    Have to say it was 100 times better, though the clouds were still a bit of a cop-out.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Just watched GoT again, in a dark room.
    Have to say it was 100 times better, though the clouds were still a bit of a cop-out.
    Yes, I watched it for a second time in the early hours of this morning with the lights out and it was definitely easier to make things out.

As so often happens with Game of Thrones, a second watch also helps as far as understanding plot development goes - I picked up quite a few things I missed the first time when it came to Arya's part in how things develop especially.

Must say as well, that, although I don't think this episode was as good as Battle of the Bastards (the best example of what a battle must have really been like I've ever seen), I think some of the criticism in this thread is a bit harsh because, surely, the best time to judge the final series is when all six episodes have been aired - hopefully some of the "gaping holes" in the plot will have been filled in by then.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yes, I watched it for a second time in the early hours of this morning with the lights out and it was definitely easier to make things out.

As so often happens with Game of Thrones, a second watch also helps as far as understanding plot development goes - I picked up quite a few things I missed the first time when it came to Arya's part in how things develop especially.

Must say as well, that, although I don't think this episode was as good as Battle of the Bastards (the best example of what a battle must have really been like I've ever seen), I think some of the criticism in this thread is a bit harsh because, surely, the best time to judge the final series is when all six episodes have been aired - hopefully some of the "gaping holes" in the plot will have been filled in by then.
    just judging this episode, not the series which is fantastic.
    just too many "surrounded by enemy saved in the nick of time" moments for me.

Not sure if this is an uncommon or controversial opinion, but I really was not fussed on the hobbit trilogy
    I don’t think it’s as good as LORT but think they’re great films

I just think they missed a trick and should’ve had an epic one on one with Jon boy and the NK and still could’ve kept the ending, I was just disappointed that we’ve had this build up of the NK but only ever had glimpses then they end him just like that, I’m still confused how he can take that shot of dragon fire but a little dagger smashes him in to a 1000 pieces, I do think there’s a big twist left to come with Bran

Perhaps it was all Samwell's dream and the battle hasn't started yet.

Maybe because Arya killed the NK she now 'owns' him and the dead (who all come back to life) and March on Cersi together!

(She appeared out of nowhere past all the NK's bodyguards)

Loads of let downs and 'false plots' for me in this episode.
    They could have been much cuter with the death of the NK. Arya posing as his henchman with a white walker's face on?

I thought it was a brilliant piece of TV. I didn’t see Arya killing him which made it even better.

There had to be an ending to this storyline in this episode, the NK wasn’t going to take prisoners so he had to die.

I’m glad as it wast getting a bit dawn of the the dead, Zombie apocalypse etc. I’m looking forward to the resumption of the political intrigue based on history and historical characters.

Was just a weird ending to that particular story, years of build up and that's it. Still hoping the rest will be brilliant.

It must be tough though, years of brilliant TV, you have to end it somehow.

One thing I don't get, how did John manage to get out alive when surrounded?

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Was just a weird ending to that particular story, years of build up and that's it. Still hoping the rest will be brilliant.

It must be tough though, years of brilliant TV, you have to end it somehow.
    The problem I find is since the book material has run out I’m not sure what influences GRRM has had on the last 2 because it has come across like they’re not sure how to finish the story and they’ve probably paid the price of omitting some big characters in the book I just fear the series has been so amazing it would be such a shame to end it on a whimper

Because he’s John ****ing Snow

And how come the “ice dragon” could take down the main “Wall” and half of Winterfell’s walls with its ice breathe but couldn’t destroy the crappy rock Jon Snow was hiding behind?

True that. I was like this is the end of john snow, it cuts away and then you see him later in the castle a little out of breathe.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    And how come the “ice dragon” could take down the main “Wall” and half of Winterfell’s walls with its ice breathe but couldn’t destroy the crappy rock Jon Snow was hiding behind?
    Because the Wall was made of snow on a wooden frame.

True that. I was like this is the end of john snow, it cuts away and then you see him later in the castle a little out of breathe.
    His sword was Valerian steel, which cuts through the dead like a hot knife through butter.

International

Don't forget Jon Snow is already dead. He was stabbed to death by the Knight's Watch in the castle at the wall, about a million episodes ago!!

I still can not believe how the Main Character John Snow was left to do basically nothing, he was brought back from the dead.. for what?

he might as well had not been there, for 8 seasons he has been the only person who actually cared about the dead, the only one who raised concerns, the person who was literally the prophecies.

The Benidoff dude, has come out and said we chose Arya because she was the least expected...
    So you just shat over years of character development and story Arc for a cheap surprise?

I dont mind the fact that Arya killed the NK, but it was just cheap and easy, to not even give John his showdown?
    (I would have had john die, providing the opening for Arya to finish the job)

Hopefully the only way out of this mess, is if they are smarter than we gave them credit for and the next episode or two provides background and filler moments for the battle of Winterfell, but if they do move on and let that be the end of the NK without providing any character development, or explained motives then they have made one of the biggest cock ups goings.

P.s

the immune to dragon fire, but not Valerian Steel is Arse backwards too, would make much more sense logically the other way round,

I still can not believe how the Main Character John Snow was left to do basically nothing, he was brought back from the dead.. for what?

he might as well had not been there, for 8 seasons he has been the only person who actually cared about the dead, the only one who raised concerns, the person who was literally the prophecies.

The Benidoff dude, has come out and said we chose Arya because she was the least expected...
    So you just shat over years of character development and story Arc for a cheap surprise?

I dont mind the fact that Arya killed the NK, but it was just cheap and easy, to not even give John his showdown?

Hopefully the only way out of this mess, is if they are smarter than we gave them credit for and the next episode or two provides background and filler moments for the battle of Winterfell, but if they do move on and let that be the end of the NK without providing any character development, or explained motives then they have made one of the biggest cock ups goings.
    I was a tad upset that they teased a fight between the 2 for so long then went ah **** it let’s have him scream at viserion which apparently he was shouting go to Arya

he was brought back from the dead.. for what?
    He's the rightful King of The Iron Throne????

P.s

the immune to dragon fire, but not Valerian Steel is Arse backwards too, would make much more sense logically the other way round,
    So he can ride dragons and doesn’t burn , was he a Targaryen previously?

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    So he can ride dragons and doesn’t burn , was he a Targaryen previously?
    Do keep up at the back!