+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Gary Madine

Gary Madine

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...nsfer-16199596

He wants to stay at Sheffield United.

Re: Gary Madine

Have Sheffield United forgotten that they'll be playing in the Prem next season?

Why would they want him in the EPL

Wouldn't it be ironic if madine ripped up the prem next season !!!����

Quote Originally Posted by jiffy View Post
    Ironic isn't the first word that sprung to my mind.

I've always suspected Madine had struggled to settle in South Wales having played all of his football in the North of England and he seems to confirm that is the case in that Wales Online piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Why would they want him in the EPL
    He would have been better than Niasse in my opinion. I hope he does well with them if he stays.

I think we are in a good position here, I imagine we got a bonus for then going up. They might be interested in keeping him and as such money for us to reinvest in better positions.

I don't think he's as bad as what people say he has done a decent job elsewhere and think he probably had a bad run for us

I don't think he was given much of a chance here. We have afforded many forwards far more time for not a significant increase in goals. In hindsight I'm not sure we would be much, if any worse off for having him in the squad, perhaps even better off.

Quote Originally Posted by Watamistakatomaka View Post
    He would have been better than Niasse in my opinion. I hope he does well with them if he stays.
    Seriously? I know that Niasse hasn't been brilliant for us, but he's much better than Madine.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I don't think he was given much of a chance here. We have afforded many forwards far more time for not a significant increase in goals. In hindsight I'm not sure we would be much, if any worse off for having him in the squad, perhaps even better off.
    He'd probably be a better option than Rhys Healey, but nothing more.

If there was ever a reason to win our last two games and stay up it’s that we won’t have to see madine back here.....

I'd be surprised if Sheffield United really wanted to keep Madine. After all, he's only started six games for them during his loan spell. However, their forward line is certainly knocking on in years - McGoldrick is 31 and Sharpe is 33. Perhaps Wilder sees Madine as a relatively cheap squad option. He may also be better suited to Wilder's style of play than he is to Warnock's.

Quote Originally Posted by jiffy View Post
    What prem seats? No chance at all

I met up with a lot of old workmates in central Sheffield on Friday night (a retirement do) and s good few of them are lifelong Blades and have their fingers on the collective pulse at Bramall Lane. They all said Madine was very popular with the fans and seen as a lucky charm - they also liked the way as an old Wednesdayite he had gone native with the red and whites. They could see his limitations but thought he was committed, effective and a useful alternative to their other strikers. They wanted to keep him!

That surprised me, because what I have read in the national press was far more mixed about Madine's standing during his loan spell. But it seems that is not right. They love him down there.

Jay would have been a, better option than Madine and all the other useless fcukers

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    Jay would have been a, better option than Madine and all the other useless fcukers
    Loved Jay but can’t see him as a lone striker in a Warnock team somehow

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...nsfer-16199596

He wants to stay at Sheffield United.
    Good, although if he showed as much fight with us as he did in the pubs and clubs of Sheffield and Bolton he would be better thought of.
    I still don`t understand what Warnock was thinking with the money he laid out for Madine, £5 million was it ? If he does transfer to the Blades I bet we don`t make a penny.

I think we are being too critical of him for 2 poor games and a missed penalty. We need to give him a chance if he stays

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Seriously? I know that Niasse hasn't been brilliant for us, but he's much better than Madine.
    Of course he is.

People have very short memories.