+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joe Ledley - part of a new midfield?

Joe Ledley - part of a new midfield?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48114672

I wouldn't rule it out as a short to medium term option.

Re: Joe Ledley - part of a new midfield?

Provided he stayed fit, would be a good squad player for us in the Championship next season

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Provided he stayed fit, would be a good squad player for us in the Championship next season
    Agree

I think his agent is a City fan.

Was fantastic for us 10 years ago, especially the FA Cup Final season.
    We definitely need players in that part of the pitch next season.

A Definite "NO" from me!

What is it with our club, we're like a retirement home for those who have gone off and made their money elsewhere and see us as a move of convenience to see out their last days with their family & friends.

Can we not strive to assemble a midfield with a bit of pace and creativity, instead of those whose legs have gone?

I'd rather look to league 1 and get a few with some growth, like Etheridge and Mendez Laing.

Clubs like Charlton, Pompy and Sunderland must have some half decent midfielders that would step up.

He looked like a kid when he left us all those years ago. Now, all he needs is a bit of grey and he could be mistaken for Gandalf.

I expect we’ll give him a 4 year contract

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I expect we’ll give him a 4 year contract
    Probably.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48114672

I wouldn't rule it out as a short to medium term option.
    It's a no for me, 7 years ago yes, now he's too old and injury prone and just not good enough, it would be a backwards step !!!

Why? He's 32 and hasn't played since August.

I'd rather have Craig Bryson back.

We should be looking at Will Vaulks of Rotherham. Outstanding for them in a struggling/relegated side and looked very good for Wales. Can't believe he wouldn't be affordable and wouldn't want to move here. Also, if Neil is still in charge, he's a big lad!

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    A Definite "NO" from me!

What is it with our club, we're like a retirement home for those who have gone off and made their money elsewhere and see us as a move of convenience to see out their last days with their family & friends.

Can we not strive to assemble a midfield with a bit of pace and creativity, instead of those whose legs have gone?
    What’s gavin the enforcer Rae up to? And Whitt’s?

A Definite "NO" from me!

Agreed - we may as well see if Robbie Fowler and Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink are able to come back too. Okay a 47 year old JFH is different to a 32 year old Joe Ledley, but still.

No thank you to Ledley, he could try his luck with Newport if he wants to come home, not good enough for Derby says it all. This guy from Turkey on the hand is maybe what we need https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...watch-16204039

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    We should be looking at Will Vaulks of Rotherham. Outstanding for them in a struggling/relegated side and looked very good for Wales. Can't believe he wouldn't be affordable and wouldn't want to move here. Also, if Neil is still in charge, he's a big lad!
    Does he get smaller if Neil isn't in charge?

No thank you.

A Definite "NO" from me!

I totally agree, left for the money when he could, I'd hate to think we'd offer him a nice little retirement gig.

Let's go forward not backward.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    Does he get smaller if Neil isn't in charge?
    l
    Probably not but he'll find he has to trap and pass the ball more.
    No to Ledley!

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    I'd rather look to league 1 and get a few with some growth, like Etheridge and Mendez Laing.

Clubs like Charlton, Pompy and Sunderland must have some half decent midfielders that would step up.
    +1, yes I'd like to see us go after the best young players that we can afford and put an 'old head' in the middle as well(not Joe).

I'd like to see Bobby Woodruff back here for a season or two, and he could take over the long-throw duties from Gunnar.

I like Joe and it would be nice to see him back at City. But I don't really fancy it to be honest. I always thought he was a good but overrated player and he must be past his best. As some have said, maybe as cover.

Ledley?
    You can't be serious

+1 for Vaulks