+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Joe Ledley - part of a new midfield?

Re: Joe Ledley - part of a new midfield?

Surely we can do better than Ledley

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    Surely we can do better than Ledley
    If we can't, we're doomed!

I would rule out ANY option of Joe returning as a player . I like Joe and want to remember him as the player he was for us TEN years ago, great times and memories, would hate to see him struggle now.

If he's not good enough for Derby why would he be good enough for us?

Now longer up too it,very pedestrian now. Bryson better option.

Money needs to be spent on the midfield and a decent amount of it. I would all the budget into that , currently Ralls Bacuna Patterson are ok but we need 2 better than them and we will be in good shape.

Ledley isn't the answer

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    Money needs to be spent on the midfield and a decent amount of it. I would all the budget into that , currently Ralls Bacuna Patterson are ok but we need 2 better than them and we will be in good shape.

Ledley isn't the answer
    I said as part of a new midfield, it's about a blend and Ledley could be useful in a defensive midfield role with at least one (Ralls was very good in his last Championship season) team mate who adds creativity and is able to knit things together so that we get more of the ball - I say this while thinking that our chances of getting a player like that are pretty restricted under this manager because, historically, he doesn't favour playmaker types in the middle of the park.

Surely we need to look to the future not paper over gaps.

No for me as think his legs are shot

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I said as part of a new midfield, it's about a blend and Ledley could be useful in a defensive midfield role with at least one (Ralls was very good in his last Championship season) team mate who adds creativity and is able to knit things together so that we get more of the ball - I say this while thinking that our chances of getting a player like that are pretty restricted under this manager because, historically, he doesn't favour playmaker types in the middle of the park.
    Why do you think he could be useful option for us? Have you seen him play this season?

Get the 2x Joe”s Allen and Ledley

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    Get the 2x Joe”s Allen and Ledley
    Great midfield pairing, if it was 2009..

No from me. We need legs in the middle, would anyone want him if didn’t come from the academy? Seems like it’s all sentimental to me