+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Women’s sport ban best athlete.

Women’s sport ban best athlete.

Why separate the sexes anyway?
    Semenya too good for the rest so they ban the poor woman.
    Ridiculous. All athletes that win have special characteristics.
    Women need to man up.

Re: Women’s sport ban best athlete.

Imagine if Michael Phelps had been banned cos of his disproportionately longer arms and hyper mobility in his ankles.

I wonder if she's got the balls to appeal this decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    I wonder if she's got the balls to appeal this decision.

man oh man ..... Gutted

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Imagine if Michael Phelps had been banned cos of his disproportionately longer arms and hyper mobility in his ankles.
    I initially thought along the same lines but it's such a difficult situation for all concerned.

The problem is she clearly has a both male and female characteristics as part of a rare condition, whilst naturally occuring for her is this really the same as bolt having a natural ability to make his telescopic legs run faster than anyone else. I'm not sure.

There is probably also real concern, with the continuing blurring of gender identification that there will be future challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    Why separate the sexes anyway?
    Semenya too good for the rest so they ban the poor woman.
    Ridiculous. All athletes that win have special characteristics.
    Women need to man up.
    He is not a woman he is a man

It's a really difficult situation that Semenya has sadly found herself in.

This situation only be confined to 'female' sports women, as having too little testosterone or too much eostrogen will have little or no benefit to males in sport.

So it brings into focus the question of what really is gender.

We know there are many cases of people who are classed as hermaphrodites, born with both male and female sex organs.

We know there are many other gender anomalies.

Then there are a lot of grey areas. One of which may be sex hormones that are unusually high naturally, which appears to be the case for Castor Semenya.

So should we determine what should be considered an acceptable upper limit of testosterone for females in sports?

Won the 800m in Doha just now.
    Her last race?

Correct decesion in my view , sport needs to be on a level playing field, perhaps she / he should look at competing in more male events .
    (Sorry if this is not a political correct answer )

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Correct decesion in my view , sport needs to be on a level playing field, perhaps she / he should look at competing in more male events .
    I’m the opposite end of the spectrum, she was born a woman, sees herself as a woman and has done nothing to enhance her natural genes.
    A “freak” might have been used in the past to describe her but an athlete she definitely is.
    I can’t believe the IAAF are advocating her to use testosterone reducing drugs as if it’s fine yet if someone used enhancing drugs they are lower than a snakes belly. A sad situation all around.

I made a mistake earlier calling her a man, i thought it was all about transgender, i wholeheartidly apologise, not her fault she has more testorine than normal!

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    I made a mistake earlier calling her a man, i thought it was all about transgender, i wholeheartidly apologise, not her fault she has more testorine than normal!
    Even if she was transgender, there would have been no need to misgender them you out of touch old fool.

Surely it’s not a level playing field until we ban all those naturally talented and the average person on the street is winning gold at the Olympics then?

Would you ban Michael Phelps too?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    I’m the opposite end of the spectrum, she was born a woman, sees herself as a woman and has done nothing to enhance her natural genes.
    A “freak” might have been used in the past to describe her but an athlete she definitely is.
    I can’t believe the IAAF are advocating her to use testosterone reducing drugs as if it’s fine yet if someone used enhancing drugs they are lower than a snakes belly. A sad situation all around.
    To be fair it is sad for her ,equally it's unfair to other females who will never be able to attain to reach her strengths and power , what worries me, would it encourage female to cheat by introducing testrone into thier bodies to match these unusual people .

To be fair it is sad for her ,equally it's unfair to other females who will never be able to attain to reach her strengths and power , what worries me, would it encourage female to cheat by introducing testrone into thier bodies to match these unusual people .
    Yes quite right. The same way it’s unfair on me I won’t be able to obtain the same level of skill as Messi, O’Sullivan, Van Gerwen, Brady, Bolt and Lomu.

Some people are born with it, she can’t help what she was born with but she made a career out of it.
    I think it’s a disgrace.

He is not a woman he is a man
    what are you basing that on mate?

I’ll never be able to reach the wing span and slow lactic acid production of Micheal phelps.

I’ll never be able to achieve Usain Bolt’s speed.

Where do you stop? You’re chatting absolute shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Even if she was transgender, there would have been no need to misgender them you out of touch old fool.
    what are you on about idiot,anyway this transgender thing is all bullshit all absolutely crazy whatever sex you are born with that is what you are, unless you are born a hermaphrodite

what are you on about idiot,anyway this transgender thing is all bullshit all absolutely crazy whatever sex you are born with that is what you are, unless you are born a hermaphrodite
    Good thing the part of transgender is the gender part isn't it? Gender is just a societal construct, it is not for you to decide what people identify as. Calling it "bullshit" show how out of touch you are, complete boomer talk.

Would be interesting to know what your experience is of talking to transgender people about it.

That’s a narrow way of looking at it. What’s the level playing field? Different categories of sprinters by sex based on height? Different categories base on the balance of XY chromosomes in an athletes body? At the Olympics we’d have 10 or more different 100m champions. It’s sort of how they conduct the Paralympics so perhaps it’s a possibility

The irony of you calling anyone an idiot isn’t lost on me, especially when once again you’ve proved how ignorant you really are.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I’ll never be able to reach the wing span and slow lactic acid production of Micheal phelps.

I’ll never be able to achieve Usain Bolt’s speed.

Where do you stop? You’re chatting absolute shit.
    No answer?