+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Media Fuss about Messi free kick goal

Media Fuss about Messi free kick goal

Not great for me at all.
    35 yards out.
    Top corner yes.
    But far from the brilliance he is being credited with.
    I have seen far better from 20 yards and we all know the further out you are the easier it is to score!

Re: Media Fuss about Messi free kick goal

It was a brilliant free kick but I knew the media will be dribbling over it just because it’s Messi.

Thought it was brilliant myself 35 yarder in a CL semi-final what more do people want.

Not a patch on Whitt’s Leicester goal

REALLY?

You're in the semi final of the champions league about 35 yards out which is generally further than the distance you usually score from and is more suited to a knuckle ball type free kick and you whip it to perfection with pace in the only possible place the ball could actually go in yet it's not good enough for the patrons of this forum who think Kevin Mcnaughton was a baller!

It was a stunning free kick

You're nuts, It was a great free kick

35 yards out, curled it around the wall, top corner, fantastic free kick! How can anyone knock a set piece of that perfection?

Utterly brilliant - we are watching a master of the game - enjoy it

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    35 yards out, curled it around the wall, top corner, fantastic free kick! How can anyone knock a set piece of that perfection?
    It was brilliant, but why didn't Liverpool have one more man on that side to stop him being able to curl it around and in, after all it's Messi taking the kick, not your average player?

Its harder to go over and get it back down in time, make it as hard as possible!

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    Not great for me at all.
    Are people just stupidly contrary just to be different?

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    Not great for me at all.
    35 yards out.
    Top corner yes.
    But far from the brilliance he is being credited with.
    I have seen far better from 20 yards and we all know the further out you are the easier it is to score!
    Yes that's why so many goal kicks go directly in.

It was ****ing perfect. Over the wall. Top Corner. Against a world-class keeper. What more do you want?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebina View Post
    It was brilliant, but why didn't Liverpool have one more man on that side to stop him being able to curl it around and in, after all it's Messi taking the kick, not your average player?

Its harder to go over and get it back down in time, make it as hard as possible!
    They already had 4 in the wall, I’m not sure you’d want to sacrifice half your outfield team in the wall while defending a set piece against Barca.

Also it was 35 yards out it’s not like it was an easy opportunity.

I don’t think it is harder to go over and back down as it is to get that much curl and still go top corner.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    It was ****ing perfect. Over the wall. Top Corner. Against a world-class keeper. What more do you want?
    Took slight touch off defender but still great free kick.

Why are the media making such a fuss about an amazing free kick scored by the world’s best player in a champions league semi final to take the game beyond the reach of the opposition?

I just can’t work it out!

The ultimate in ‘look at me, look at me!’ Post

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    The ultimate in ‘look at me, look at me!’ Post
    Is the correct answer. OP has form for it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    It was a brilliant free kick but I knew the media will be dribbling over it just because it’s Messi.
    On the contrary, I believe Messi doesn't get half the plaudits he deserves these days cos it's simply just expected of him. How he hasn't won the Ballon D'or at all in the last few years is just ridiculous. He's punished by his own ridiculous standards.

His assist for Dembele which would have killed the tie was ridiculous too. The arrogance of timing the old Man United coaches used to call it.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    On the contrary, I believe Messi doesn't get half the plaudits he deserves these days cos it's simply just expected of him. How he hasn't won the Ballon D'or at all in the last few years is just ridiculous. He's punished by his own ridiculous standards.

His assist for Dembele which would have killed the tie was ridiculous too. The arrogance of timing the old Man United coaches used to call it.
    Everything i’ve been reading is people who clearly haven’t been watching Barca the las few years he has literally been dragging this team through the past 3 seasons single handed they just don’t get how bad they’re without him and still have this image of pep’s side which they’re so far from. With regards to the OP I’m lost for words

Some of our fans prefer this type of stuff

https://twitter.com/Crap90sFootball/...681099780?s=19

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Yes that's why so many goal kicks go directly in.

Edit: thinking about it, not even sure you can score directly from a goal kick (rules-wise I mean)

One of the worst takes I’ve seen on this board and that’s saying something. Are we watching the same goal?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Are people just stupidly contrary just to be different?
    Or just stupid