+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blakey gets me annoyed!

Blakey gets me annoyed!

Just been listening to the Wales Online podcast and I must say that Blakey speaks so well about our feeble showing at Fulham that I feel more annoyed now than I did watching the game - what a chance missed it was!

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...shock-16213748

Re: Blakey gets me annoyed!

Hits the nail on the head where he says decisions were made to the detriment of the the club. We all know managers fall out with players, but to play Healy over Reid and Leave Murphy out completely, in what was such an important game, is slap in the face, not just to the players mentioned, but a team that has worked hard all season. Not to mention the fans. As much as Warnock has done for us, time for a change.

I just ignore football soundbite pundits,
    and make my own choices of thought these days .

Wonder if Stan Butler will reply to this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Just been listening to the Wales Online podcast and I must say that Blakey speaks so well about our feeble showing at Fulham that I feel more annoyed now than I did watching the game - what a chance missed it was!

It was a disappointing performance at Fulham. We should've gone more at them.

But bloomin 'eck, let's be fair. They've got better players than us (debatable), they're on a bit of a run, they had no pressure - I didn't think it was that surprising at all they they edged a win.

The lads have given it their all. Tactics have been questionable at times, but others they've worked bang on.

Furthermore, I don't understand the love-in with Murphy and Reid. They've been hopeless, the pair of them.

[QUOTE=the other bob wilson;4970199]Just been listening to the Wales Online podcast and I must say that Blakey speaks so well about our feeble showing at Fulham that I feel more annoyed now than I did watching the game - what a chance missed it was!

I listened to that too, fair play to Blakey he pulled no punches and like you I’m left as disappointed today as I was on Saturday! I think last weekend will be the biggest ‘if only....’ of the season. Yes we’ve had some bad luck and things go against us this season but feel that last Saturday we were in control of our own destiny and we blew a golden opportunity! I’m an optimist mind and still hold on to the slight hope that it’s not over yet. I just hope we go for it on Saturday from the off!

It was a limp performance for 80 odd minutes, Paul. Too little was offered too late; but even then we could have scored a hatful.

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post

But bloomin 'eck, let's be fair. They've got better players than us (debatable), they're on a bit of a run, they had no pressure - I didn't think it was that surprising at all they they edged a win.

The lads have given it their all. Tactics have been questionable at times, but others they've worked bang on.

Furthermore, I don't understand the love-in with Murphy and Reid. They've been hopeless, the pair of them.
    We handed the initiative to Fulham from the first minute because we went into a must win game with the same defensive frame of mind as in all of our previous away matches this season - all this against the worst defence in the division, a defence we scored twice as many goals against as any other this season.

I'll never forget Russell Slade saying that the plan for a match at Hillsborough that we had to win to maintain our play off hopes Was to "stay in the game" - if anything, Neil Warnock was even more negative at Fulham because we played seventy nine minutes as if 0-0 would have been an acceptable outcome.

[QUOTE=Eric the Half a Bee;4970216]Wonder if Stan Butler will reply to this thread?[/

Did Blakey tell Warnock to park the bus at fulham?

I got to agree with Blakey... a terrible toothless display - probably will get us relegated - shocking by NW

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I just ignore football soundbite pundits,
    and make my own choices of thought these days .
    Indeed. Bung the game on at kick off. Make a cuppa at HT and turn the TV off when the final whistle blows.

In the 70s, Dutch TV used to show ten or fifteen minutes of Tommy Cooper at half time!

Fulham had given us a football lesson for 2 or 3 years now and did so again last Saturday. Neil was probably aware of this and planned to go late. The problem was their goal out of the blue which gave us a mountain to climb. I agree with the earlier comment that Reid and particularly Murphy have not done a great deal to warrent selection, certainly not over the starting line up.

Bobby Reid has the highest goal/assist to minute ratio at the club

We do seem to create more when Bobby Reid is on the pitch. He’s no lone striker though which is how he’s been used a couple of times this season. Murphy on the other hand has been one of the most frustrating players I’ve ever seen in a city shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    I got to agree with Blakey... a terrible toothless display - probably will get us relegated - shocking by NW
    He took us up, he’s taking us back....Reid and Murphy needed far more time on the pitch this season. Got offered a ticket for saturdays game for free, but just can’t be arsed....

Quote Originally Posted by Fancydan View Post
    We do seem to create more when Bobby Reid is on the pitch. He’s no lone striker though which is how he’s been used a couple of times this season. Murphy on the other hand has been one of the most frustrating players I’ve ever seen in a city shirt.
    Didn’t he play Reid as lone striker against spurs at home , bewildered then as i am now

Maybe so, if true Warnock wasted almost £22M on them ?

What bugged me most, both before, on the CCPI and after on BB was this arrogance that we were nailed on for a win against Fulham just because it was a game we’d all targeted as a three pointer.

Our reality saw us beating Fulham and Palace to stay up with little consideration for the fact that both these sides are more than a match for our side.

If we are on top top form, MAYBE, we could get six points, but not getting those six points, or even picking up anywhere from 0 to 2 points is equally as realistic.

I think we’ll draw against palace and the Man U game will be a dead rubber.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Bobby Reid has the highest goal/assist to minute ratio at the club
    Doesn’t win that header to absolutely no one though

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    What bugged me most, both before, on the CCPI and after on BB was this arrogance that we were nailed on for a win against Fulham just because it was a game we’d all targeted as a three pointer.

Our reality saw us beating Fulham and Palace to stay up with little consideration for the fact that both these sides are more than a match for our side.

If we are on top top form, MAYBE, we could get six points, but not getting those six points, or even picking up anywhere from 0 to 2 points is equally as realistic.

I think we’ll draw against palace and the Man U game will be a dead rubber.
    I can't speak for others, but I said in my blog piece on the Fulham game that my optimism dropped when I saw our squad - it was the weakest 18 we'd had all season and I still believe there cannot have been many, if any, poorer substitute benches in Premier League history than ours on Saturday.

Therefore, there was certainly no presumption on my part that we would win - in fact the outcome of the match didn't came as a shock to me. However, there was also certainly no presumption on my part that we would set out in a match where, realistically, a point wasn't good enough for us, with such a negative mindset and also that our very weak bench was down to anything else other than injuries.

We were weaker than hoped for in such a vital game, but this was offset to a degree because we were playing one of the weakest Premier League sides of recent years. To read some of the comments in this thread about Fulham, you would have thought we were facing Barcelona in the Nou Camp, not a team that has been relegated for weeks.

I read in this thread that the plan was to "go late", well, I find myself wondering how much later we would have left it to go if Fulham hadn't scored, because we certainly hadn't gone by the seventy ninth minute! For those who say Fulham have had the measure of us in recent seasons, you are talking about their side in the Championship, not the expensive bunch of misfits they assembled last summer. We decided to have a go at that Fulham from the start down here in October, found ourselves a goal down in ten minutes, then in front in ten more - I would suggest that, given our scoring record this season, there is no other side in this league we could have achieved such a quick turn around except for the one with, far and away, its worst defensive record.

I've noticed before that Neil Warnock often talks in terms of him winning games from his past in interviews, and, fair enough, I believe there have been matches since he came here in which he has been the biggest single factor in a City win. However, the opposite should also apply in that case and I strongly believe that when you consider our tactical approach, the supine attitude of the team and the selection and use of substitutes, our manager was the biggest single factor behind our defeat in a vitally important match.

There is a saying "let's not die wondering" that is applied to individuals or groups of people facing a challenge that they're likely to lose, well we died wondering at Fulham as supporters and pundits asked themselves if it would have all been different with a bolder approach and the likelihood is that this failure will mean that we will die wondering about our Premier League existence. It wasn't our defeat last Saturday that jarred with me, it was the approach which played no small part in leading to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterwick Blue View Post
    Hits the nail on the head where he says decisions were made to the detriment of the the club. We all know managers fall out with players, but to play Healy over Reid and Leave Murphy out completely, in what was such an important game, is slap in the face, not just to the players mentioned, but a team that has worked hard all season. Not to mention the fans. As much as Warnock has done for us, time for a change.
    Who has motivated the team to work hard all season - Neil Warnock. Would Alex Ferguson have played a player who hadnt been working hard enough in training or who he had fallen out with ? - dont think so. Healy is a striker, whereas Reid isnt. The manager is paid to make difficult decisions during games. Sometimes they dont work.

There is a saying "let's not die wondering" that is applied to individuals or groups of people facing a challenge that they're likely to lose, well we died wondering at Fulham as supporters and pundits asked themselves if it would have all been different with a bolder approach and the likelihood is that this failure will mean that we will die wondering about our Premier League existence. It wasn't our defeat last Saturday that jarred with me, it was the approach which played no small part in leading to it.
    You can apply this to all of the 11 games against the top 6 too with the possible exception Chelsea (and maybe Arsenal) at home.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Who has motivated the team to work hard all season - Neil Warnock. Would Alex Ferguson have played a player who hadnt been working hard enough in training or who he had fallen out with ? - dont think so. Healy is a striker, whereas Reid isnt. The manager is paid to make difficult decisions during games. Sometimes they dont work.
    Position doesn't matter, Bobby Reid scored 19 goals in the Championship last season, Healey's highest ever tally is 12 in the WPL. Healey replaced Camarasa, who isn't a striker either the last time I checked

Reid also, as previously stated, has the highest goal/assist to minute ratio in the squad yet is left on the bench. Healey or Reid isn't a difficult decision, to pick Healey over Reid is downright lunacy

Danny Gabbidon is scathing about the Fulham game in the latest edition of Elis James' Feast of Football.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0784m4l

Danny Gabbidon is scathing about the Fulham game in the latest edition of Elis James' Feast of Football.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0784m4l
    I like this podcast but the ‘Liverpool love In’ lately is a bit much.