+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bobby Reid Article

Bobby Reid Article

Re: Bobby Reid Article

I'm not sure what we had in mind for Bobby when we bought him.

I wonder if the wurzels might try to buy him back on the cheap in the summer (assuming we go down)?

I can understand Lee Tomlin not being picked as a number ten last season because of his lack of a defensive contribution given the way our manager thinks, but Reid always puts a good shift in when we don't have the ball, so I don't think that can be the reason for him being left out so much.

Warnock has come out and admitted that it is, in fact, Camarasa who's keeping him out the team. Rightly so, too. Reid isn't a striker.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post

There's no reason we couldn't play both Reid and Camarasa in the same side except Warnock's stubborness when it comes to wingers

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    There's no reason we couldn't play both Reid and Camarasa in the same side except Warnock's stubborness when it comes to wingers
    I can’t see why we can’t have a midfield 2 of Camarasa and Gunnar with Reid “in the hole” just in front of them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    I can’t see why we can’t have a midfield 2 of Camarasa and Gunnar with Reid “in the hole” just in front of them.
    Yep. Gunnarsson sitting in front of the back four, Camarasa playing from box to box and Reid staying further forward.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Agreed

Or we could try the back 3 that has looked good when we've used it and use the "twin tens" Wales used

Etheridge

Manga Morrison Peltier

Hoilett Arter Gunnarsson Bennett

Camarasa Reid

Zohore

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Yep. Gunnarsson sitting in front of the back four, Camarasa playing from box to box and Reid staying further forward.
    Effectively two forward thinking central midfielders, two of them would have to hold or we'd be ****ed. Camarasa dabbles in defending, i couldn't see Warnock going with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Effectively two forward thinking central midfielders, two of them would have to hold or we'd be ****ed. Camarasa dabbles in defending, i couldn't see Warnock going with that.
    Warnock said pretty much the same thing in his pre-match press conference earlier today.

I guess we're starting with Gunnarsson and Bacuna again.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Warnock said pretty much the same thing in his pre-match press conference earlier today.

I guess we're starting with Gunnarsson and Bacuna again.
    I guess in a “do or die” match tomorrow I can understand why no change of style or tactics, however,my main worry is if Warnock stays we will go into the Championship as a battling defensive side, just like we are today.

I would like to see us start with Danny Ward upfront with Reid right behind offering support.
    Why we have to have a big target man is beyond me. Many top sides have turned their back on this to have more ability to use pace and movement to create chances and score goals.
    We need a manager with a more modern approach

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    When we signed Tomlinson Warnock said that at last we had the number 10 we had been missing.
    He said similar things when we signed Reid.
    I don’t believe Warnock sees the value of the position and would prefer added defensive players

I think Warnock expects too much from nos 10's we sign , Reid has indeed not been given more chances, my guess is we play more on caution than risk .

Play him in the next two games along with Murphy and give them freedom to express themselves, we got bugger else to do .

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    What play two lightweight "luxury" players with no premiership experience?
    With Murphy and Junior on the flanks?
    That would be madness.
    One step beyond in fact.