+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: They'd better be up for this!

They'd better be up for this!

Diet of raw red meat tonight and Warnock to pick the right team ffs.

Come out guns blazing and go for it from the start with hard running aggressive football and none of this hoofball crap.

Look for players who can score and run and we know who shouldn't even be near the b1oody ground and certainly not playing up front...…………..

Win tomorrow and we then have a Cup Final at Old Trafford.

Players need reminding they get paid a lot of ££££ to deliver a performance and if someone isn't sweating, bleeding or knackered they ain't worth their crust.

Forget what's happened the rest of the season it's simple, win these next 2 games and hope the results go our way.

Neil you'd better get them up for this and focus on the game and not the b1oody officials.

Re: They'd better be up for this!

win our next two games with brighton gaining no more than a point. been going through this a hundred times and i can`t see any flaw in my reasoning, it`s almost too easy, or am i missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by Philbccfc View Post
    win our next two games with brighton gaining no more than a point. been going through this a hundred times and i can`t see any flaw in my reasoning, it`s almost too easy, or am i missing something.
    positive mental attitude - you have to believe you can do it and you have to scare the crap out of your opponents and put them off their stride. tilt the playing field and do everything you can to gain advantage. it's so important and definitely doable. you don't live in awe of anyone or you're dead.

Get into them early! They’ve got nothing to play for, just go with the theory of one down one to go! (I’m being optimistic Brighton don’t get anything from their 2 games) cmon!

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    positive mental attitude - you have to believe you can do it and you have to scare the crap out of your opponents and put them off their stride. tilt the playing field and do everything you can to gain advantage. it's so important and definitely doable. you don't live in awe of anyone or you're dead.
    https://youtu.be/hcJ1lrllZ7o

This should have happened last Saturday against a shit Fulham.

ALL OR BUST TODAY ............................. C'MON YOU BLUEBIRDS !!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    This should have happened last Saturday against a shit Fulham.
    But it didn’t. That’s the past, doesn’t matter. We can beat palace, so let’s do that

If BHA lose last 2 games and survive, they would have do so by gaining only 9 points since Jan 1.

I know it’s a 38 game season and to blame it on a lame display at Fulham is incorrect but it really sticks in my gut what a wasted opportunity that was. Ok Fulham might have picked us off if we’d gone gung ho but we’ll never know.

I'm praying Palace score early, so we can start attacking!

Quote Originally Posted by Cretin Hop View Post
    If BHA lose last 2 games and survive, they would have do so by gaining only 9 points since Jan 1.

I know it’s a 38 game season and to blame it on a lame display at Fulham is incorrect but it really sticks in my gut what a wasted opportunity that was. Ok Fulham might have picked us off if we’d gone gung ho but we’ll never know.
    I'm surprised by the fact that I'm more annoyed about it now than I was last weekend.

Once thing I would say as well is that, if the Man United goes the way it's most likely to, our season will have been a twenty six game one in reality.

Warnock's fawning deference to 'big six' teams has been an almost puke-inducing study in obsequiousness.

I joked before one game he'd be more focused on filling his autograph book in the opposition's dressing room than motivating his charges. He likely slipped away for Mitrovic's and Ryan Sessegnon's monikers last weekend because what followed was absolute wank for the first 80 minutes.

......and Warnock has better not still be holding grudges against any of his players

All i ask we go out like lions not frigging pansies like we did v Reading.

We'll soon know his intentions when the team lineup is announced. If there's 2 holding midfielders then we can be sure he'll defend for 80 minutes and hope to nick one at the end.

Just noticed a draw doesn’t mathematically relegate us so I’m now expecting us to keep it tight and see if we can overturn a 17 goal deficit at Old Trafford in the last 5 mins

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    All i ask we go out like lions not frigging pansies like we did v Reading.
    Are you referring to last season ? If so, how the hell can you criticise that ? It was the game that took us into the Premier League and we did what we had to. Didn't see anyone moaning about it at the time, especially the 20000 on the pitch at the end.

If you lot think that NW sent our team out at Fulham last week to deliberately defend for 90 minutes, then you are dafter than I thought. At the end of the day, its down to the players and whether they are up for it or have the desire to put in a performance. The players didnt perform last week, simple as that. Today they have a chance to bounce back, as they have done on a number of occasions already this season. Instead of moaning, feigning mock indignation and trying to make it look like you know everything there is to know about football management, how about getting behind the team and manager for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Are you referring to last season ? If so, how the hell can you criticise that ? It was the game that took us into the Premier League and we did what we had to. Didn't see anyone moaning about it at the time, especially the 20000 on the pitch at the end.
    Referring to playoff semi 2011. Should have made it clearer.The manner of defeat still rankles as does the playoff final v Blackpool. I dont mind us getting beat but at least give it a go.

If you lot think that NW sent our team out at Fulham last week to deliberately defend for 90 minutes, then you are dafter than I thought. At the end of the day, its down to the players and whether they are up for it or have the desire to put in a performance. The players didnt perform last week, simple as that. Today they have a chance to bounce back, as they have done on a number of occasions already this season. Instead of moaning, feigning mock indignation and trying to make it look like you know everything there is to know about football management, how about getting behind the team and manager for a change.
    The players and management have no reason to complain about the support they've had at matches this season and I'll be very surprised if that situation changes today whatever the outcome against Palace.

I agree with you, the pressure got to the players. There were also a couple of tactical mistakes made by Warnock which might have made a difference.

I don't think anyone thinks that. But he certainly didn't set them up to win it or tell them to be bold. 27% possession and didn't even start playing until the 80th minute. Whatever he did, it was wrong.

They had Ryan Babel, he sent on Rhys Healey. Did anyone expect that to work out?

As Warnock himself said: "We couldn't have scored if we carried on till Christmas... on reflection my team selection was wrong."

Why do I have to get behind a manager that has been getting it wrong since before the season started?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I don't think anyone thinks that. But he certainly didn't set them up to win it or tell them to be bold. 27% possession and didn't even start playing until the 80th minute. Whatever he did, it was wrong.

They had Ryan Babel, he sent on Rhys Healey. Did anyone expect that to work out?

As Warnock himself said: "We couldn't have scored if we carried on till Christmas... on reflection my team selection was wrong."

Why do I have to get behind a manager that has been getting it wrong since before the season started?
    Because he's the only manager we have got?

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Because he's the only manager we have got?
    I still want the team to win. And I'm grateful to NW for a fantastic 2017-2018 season. But now I think it's time for the manager to go. What does "get behind the manager" mean anyway? What if he picks the wrong team again? I'm I supposed to get behind that? Or is OK for me to voice my frustration? What about his failed transfer dealings? Malky got ****ing crucified over the Cornelius affair. Gary Madine barely gets a mention. Then there's his failure to get the best out of his summer signings. The ****ing long throws from our own half etc etc. And the fact that we're in 18th place.

Just saw the team sheet. I can get behind that.