+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 2 - 3 CRYSTAL PALACE

Re: CARDIFF CITY v CRYSTAL PALACE: Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I don't want to get all dml1954, but some of the comments in this thread are pathetic.

Of course we haven't been good enough over the full season - maybe it would have been different if we'd started to play in game 1 rather than game 9, and maybe if we'd had a fair roll of the officials' dice - but Cardiff City FC have done better than almost all the experts expected, and we have a lot of positives to look back on.

Many things could have been done better - but we have our club back, a spirit and unity that was missing, and a squad that with half a dozen additions should compete next season.

My glass is two thirds full. I'm proud of my club.
    So you should be proud. It may have been very different had that tragedy not occurred in January. I did think then it wasn’t going to be your season. Cardiff will be highly competitive next season so this is far from disastrous. Even then had you had a fairer crack of the whip with refereeing decisions it could have ended differently.
    Welcome back to the Championship. It’s a proper division.

I don't want to get all dml1954, but some of the comments in this thread are pathetic.

Of course we haven't been good enough over the full season - maybe it would have been different if we'd started to play in game 1 rather than game 9, and maybe if we'd had a fair roll of the officials' dice - but Cardiff City FC have done better than almost all the experts expected, and we have a lot of positives to look back on.

Many things could have been done better - but we have our club back, a spirit and unity that was missing, and a squad that with half a dozen additions should compete next season.

Don't worry. I think 90% of the fans at the game today would agree with you. Warnock is the best City manager in my lifetime. The team may lack quality (in this league) but not effort. I actually think this season will have done a few of them a lot of good. We don't really have premier league journeymen on their way down, but players who will feel like they have a lot to prove next season.

I would back Warnock to take us back up again. I've seen some championship games this season and compared to the premier league the defending is awful at times. We'll be up there.

Least we'll win more than 9 matches next season. Got to hate the Premiership (and our lack of investment, too, to be fair...) in that sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Just honesty.
    I'm in agreement with this. We just weren't quite good enough. I'm hurting too, relegation is always shit, but keep the best and add a few, and we'll be just fine. Relegation shouldn't be the end of the world. We can build on this if we do it right.

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 2 - 3 CRYSTAL PALACE

Well, whoever is in charge next season has a lot of building to do. An almost new midfield and two new strikers at least.

Well, whoever is in charge next season has a lot of building to do. An almost new midfield and two new strikers at least.
    Why a whole new midfield? Can't see Camarasa being here but I reckon we can keep mort of the others. Ralls, Murphy, Reid, Patterson plus a couple new players, looks more than OK to me for the championship. Strikers yeah, need 2 new i agree. But it's not a complete rebuild is it?

This team will basically stay the same for next season, save for the ones who are on loan and Gunnarson. None of them are good enough for any PL teams to come in for them and I think it's a decent group of players.

I just wonder what someone like Jokanovic (instead of Warnock) could get out of players like Reid and Murphy at Championship level.

It's more fun trying to get to the Premier League than it is to actually succeed. Roll on the Championship and get that winning feeling back.

Quote Originally Posted by CopenhagenBlue View Post
    Why a whole new midfield? Can't see Camarasa being here but I reckon we can keep mort of the others. Ralls, Murphy, Reid, Patterson plus a couple new players, looks more than OK to me for the championship. Strikers yeah, need 2 new i agree. But it's not a complete rebuild is it?
    We will have only two centre mids next season of course it needs rebuilding

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Danny ****ing Ward. Jesus.
    I hope the people who have been lambasting Niasse all week will think again. He was poor against Fulham, but playing up front for us is a thankless task and he's done it far better than any of the alternatives.

****ing hell some of these comments! just got back and I thought it was a very enjoyable game, we were realistically already down before hand, but the atmosphere was great, Gunners had a well deserved send off with plenty off chants from the Canton for him, Warnock got a standing ovation.

Was end to end, open and entertaining game of football, we had two great chances we should have scored from, and 2 cleared off the line, was the most attacking we have been this season, could have easily played out a 0-0 draw but we were brave went for it and lost to a much better team 3-2.

Squad looks really good for next season, and I am really looking forward to the chaos that is the championship, with a very competitive squad, a proven manager and a unified fan base.

It is easy to forget how out of touch this board can seem at times, but it is just important to realise how in a small echo chamber as this is, how 1 or 2 opinions can sway the mood. It was nice to be at the stadium and to see 90% of the fan base loud and positive about our players and manager

Agree.

Loads of pathetic comments on this thread.

Top post that is what we felt coming out of the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by CopenhagenBlue View Post
    Our starting midfield for most of the campaign was as follows: Gunnarsson - leaving the club; Arter - going back to parent club; Camarasa - going back to parent club at the very least; Ralls - wasn't able to nail down a starting position... I think the word rebuild is very appropriate.

Our starting midfield for most of the campaign was as follows: Gunnarsson - leaving the club; Arter - going back to parent club; Camarasa - going back to parent club at the very least; Ralls - wasn't able to nail down a starting position... I think the word rebuild is very appropriate.
    Ralls helped get us promoted last year and Paterson played more this season than Gunnarsson and Arter.

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    Ralls helped get us promoted last year and Paterson played more this season than Gunnarsson and Arter.
    Paterson didn't play central midfield, he played primarily up front and then out wide on the right. To be a successful midfielder you need to be able to pass the ball, Paterson's strength isn't passing the ball. If we start with Ralls in our midfield next season it will indicate to me that we didn't recruit well.

Paterson didn't play central midfield, he played primarily up front and then out wide on the right. To be a successful midfielder you need to be able to pass the ball, Paterson's strength isn't passing the ball. If we start with Ralls in our midfield next season it will indicate to me that we didn't recruit well.
    In fairnes to Ralls, he was clearly out of his depth for the most in the premier league... but he did play the majority of our games last season, he's a pretty good championship midfielder, I don't have any problem with Ralls starting next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    In fairnes to Ralls, he was clearly out of his depth for the most in the premier league... but he did play the majority of our games last season, he's a pretty good championship midfielder, I don't have any problem with Ralls starting next season.
    Me neither.

Manga will be gone though, Gunnar, the loan players. It's going to require a significant investment to build a full squad.

Me neither.

Manga will be gone though, Gunnar, the loan players. It's going to require a significant investment to build a full squad.
    Why will Manga be gone?

Me neither.

Why will Manga be gone?
    Yeah, why will Manga be gone, a player who got exposed many a time at Premier League level?

Me neither.

Yeah, why will Manga be gone, a player who got exposed many a time at Premier League level?

In most of the messageboard threads I have read about fans' player of the year Bruno Manga has got an honourable mention - behind Neil Etheridge.

My comment was more because Neil Warnock said a few weeks ago (when asked by journalists about Manga's future) that the club have an option on another year and that he would stay. Warnock's 'agenda' for Bruno was a new extended contract beyond that year.

If any other club comes in for Manga this summer he would have no value to Cardiff City - so why would they let him go on a free and not at least exercise the one year extension? I hope they persuade him to sign a new long-term contract.

Man U with nothing to play for next week. Imagine that. We really shat the bed the last two weeks.

Man U with nothing to play for next week. Imagine that. We really shat the bed the last two weeks.
    But why will Manga be gone?

But why will Manga be gone?
    Isn't he out of contract?

Isn't he out of contract?
    See #96