+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: An Amazing Statistic

An Amazing Statistic

Cardiff City have not been involved in a score draw in any of their last 43 league matches or any of their last 45 competitive matches overall.

The last time City drew 1-1 was away at Sheffield United on 02/04/2018.

During the 2018/19 campaign, all four of the club's drawn matches have ended 0-0.

There isn't a team in any of the four English divisions (five if you count the National League) or the four Scottish divisions who have a record that is even remotely close to that.

Two matches left to play - will City go an entire season without a score draw?

Re: An Amazing Statistic

Hopefully, because as unlikely that it is that we will escape relegation, a score draw will seal it.

Freaky.

Until the last two rounds of games there had been freakishly few draws at all this season in the premier league.

Before the season began, I was pretty sure City would end up being relegated but I wasn't one of those who thought they'd finish bottom after getting hammered every week. I believed Warnock would set up his side to frustrate the opposition more often than not and, given that the defence appeared fairly solid, they'd grind out a fair few draws as a result. Goes to show what I know.....

The current record is all the more surprising when you consider that two of this season's 0-0 draws happened during the first three games in August!

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Until the last two rounds of games there had been freakishly few draws at all this season in the premier league.
    That's true, but even so, nobody has a record like Cardiff's.

Well I for one find this stat entirely believable as Niasse has been our lone striker for about a quarter of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    That's true, but even so, nobody has a record like Cardiff's.
    No but haven’t Tottenham drawn only 1 game this season?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    No but haven’t Tottenham drawn only 1 game this season?
    Only one league game - their 1-1 draw with Arsenal on 2nd March. They've also had two Champions League score draws and an EFL Cup score draw this season.

Cardiff City have not been involved in a score draw in any of their last 43 league matches or any of their last 45 competitive matches overall.

If we do it will be an even better achievement than staying up!

C'mon lads - 2 more score draws. Do it for the fans!

I've just been through the record books and I'm 99% certain that Cardiff City have never gone a whole league season without a score draw in the club's entire history.

Incidentally, the last time City were in the Premier League they were involved in five games that ended in score draws - away to Hull (1-1), home to Manchester Utd (2-2), home to Sunderland (2-2), away to West Brom (3-3) and home to Stoke (1-1).

The last time City drew 1-1 was away at Sheffield United on 02/04/2018.

During the 2018/19 campaign, all four of the club's drawn matches have ended 0-0.

There isn't a team in any of the four English divisions (five if you count the National League) or the four Scottish divisions who have a record that is even remotely close to that.

Those 0-0s were fantastic results, though. 2 points from Huddersfield, a penalty save from Etheridge to thank for a point against Newcastle and the most one-sided 0-0 in history as Palace should have put 10 past us at Selhurst.