+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thank you Mr. Warnock but

Re: Thank you Mr. Warnock but

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    No thanks. The club needs a reboot. We need to look to the long-term. NW came in, rescued the club, and did and amazing job last season. But this season has shown his naivety and his limitations. It's been piss-poor and I have no reason to believe that should lightning strike twice it would be no different next time around.
    We need to re-group and become a footballing side with players who can pass a ball. Too often we just hoof a long ball and we are out of sync with the modern game. It's been a wonderful ride on very limited resources but now we need to look to the future.

Have you ever thought, Neil might not want to stay..
    He might think after all what he's done for us he deserves a big budget next season..
    Will Tan give to him or will we be back where we started with a no hoper manager

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    there you go, you have cracked it. sorted..
    Think he’s being sarcastic

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    Have you ever thought, Neil might not want to stay..
    He might think after all what he's done for us he deserves a big budget next season..
    Will Tan give to him or will we be back where we started with a no hoper manager
    Really? Would you trust him spending a hefty wedge? I certainly wouldn’t based on the signings he’s made that haven’t been free

[QUOTE=MOZZER2;4970723]just would like someone to come in and play expansive football . warnock has done miracles fair play but would like to see a new direction in how we play[/QUOTE
    Brentford play expansive football. They lost 8 on the trot before they beat Leeds

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    Can you give us another season?
    My start point, like others, is a concern about how long he is going to go on for. At some stage we need to think longer term and that might be now.

But without knowing which players are staying/going, by how much the squad needs to be reduced and whether there will be any money to spend it is hard to say who will be best for next season.

As much as I like Warnock for what he has done for us personally i would like to see a change. Our style of football is dire,its not good to watch. For me the failings this season began with poor recruitment and just sprialled through the season, yes we have been on the end of woeful refereeing, but when in mattered we fell way short. We do have talented offensive players in our squad who i believe are being wasted by the managers style of play. I want my team to play exciting football,be solid at the back yes but have an offence that worries the oppostion, no team in the premier league would have feared playing us.

[QUOTE=dandywarhol;4970734]
    Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    just would like someone to come in and play expansive football . warnock has done miracles fair play but would like to see a new direction in how we play[/QUOTE
    Brentford play expansive football. They lost 8 on the trot before they beat Leeds
    Hope that's not an attempt at suggesting expansive football is a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by hueypianosmith View Post
    As much as I like Warnock for what he has done for us personally i would like to see a change. Our style of football is dire,its not good to watch. For me the failings this season began with poor recruitment and just sprialled through the season, yes we have been on the end of woeful refereeing, but when in mattered we fell way short. We do have talented offensive players in our squad who i believe are being wasted by the managers style of play. I want my team to play exciting football,be solid at the back yes but have an offence that worries the oppostion, no team in the premier league would have feared playing us.
    way before the season started we thought that scoring goals would be a problem and it was. a fresh approach is needed throughout and totally agree we’ve been dreadful to watch. warnock did well in the championship but for whatever reason struggled in the pl. taking away all the emotion you realise some serious demolition and building are required and a good clearout starting with zohore.

Our 5 year plan seems to be find a youngish manager to get us playing attractive football, promoted and keep us in the PL.

Sounds great providing no other club has thought of it.

It has all become a bit too "cosy" at the club for my liking. It's what sometimes happens when a manager like Warnock tries to foster that team spirit ethos.
    He's probably got "Rallsy" pencilled in for a midfield slot next season; "Patto" will come back into the starting lineup somewhere, simply because he will see him as tried and tested in the Championship. No need to look for a new starting right-back as "Pelts" has stepped up to the plate. "Wardy", bless his heart, will run all day and will save him money on a new striker.

He probably already sees Bacuna as a shoo-in for Gunnarsson (Warnock has tried to big him up at every opportunity!). We just need to get "young Rhys Healy" working on his long throws during the summer, there seems real promise in that direction at least.

Oh, and finally let's extend Matthew Connolly's contract by another year, he's great to have around the changing room.

There you are boss, I've saved you another fortune, leave it to me!

First Team

Swansea City

What NW has done for the club should quite rightly not be forgotten, and it is understated the position he brought us from. Credit where it is due. However the dust is settled, and our epic journey is over... no reason to be sad as quite frankly we all knew the squad wasn't good enough, and I for one am very happy we didn't piss away a ridiculous amount of money last summer/winter. We fought within our means and nearly did it.

All that being said, I now hope the people who begged for Danny Ward and Zohore to be played now see how ****ing poor they are. They are ****ing aids, truly shit players who quite frankly shouldn't have sniffed a premier league squad place, let alone actually playing in meaningful top flight football matches in 2019. The fact Rhys Healey actually has premier league minutes this season is an absolute ****ing insult to the fans who pay money to follow the team. Sorry Rhys, you aren't even Championship standard, and anyone who suggests otherwise is wrong. Vincent Tan needs to a) Get rid of these gimps costing us money, b) Give whoever the manager is a reasonable amount of money to spend in the summer, and most importantly, c) Invest some bloody money in the academy. End of. If you want to be a successful, sustainable club in the 21st century, you need to be able to bring through/scout and nurture young talented football players... it's safe to say the club has completely failed to do this for 4 or 5 seasons, either invest in the academy set up or get rid of it.

We're at a serious crossroads... time to reinvent ourselves on the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    Because it is not as simple as that mate, otherwise everyone will be doing it, you take chances, get a young manager from some foreign country who looks the part and says the right things, rebuilds the whole squad and next you thing you know you could just as easily be falling down the leagues.

As i said it is being talked about that keeping warnock and getting promoted again is being suggested as a bad thing for a long term growth, well it is much better than where we have been as a club in all our lifetimes.
    It's as simple as that for other clubs our size and a few that would be classed as smaller than us.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It's as simple as that for other clubs our size and a few that would be classed as smaller than us.
    That seems a bit like saying it would be simple enough for any club to set-up and play like we did last season to get promoted from The Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    That seems a bit like saying it would be simple enough for any club to set-up and play like we did last season to get promoted from The Championship.
    Yes everyone said the same about tony pulis and stoke for years. Why doesnt everyone do
    it? I also bet most fans of the other clubs arent that happy so would laugh at us copying them.

As i said in another thread i really think we should stop trying to copy other clubs.

We're in the perfect position to bring in a new manager to implement a new style of play. The Premier League money and parachute payments, some very good Championship players in Reid, Morrison, Etheridge etc as well as a relatively low wage bill

We need about 2/3 midfielders, a right back and a striker (unless Ken can step up) and we now have the money to get that. This is a good opportunity and as stable as we've been for a long time

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    We're in the perfect position to bring in a new manager to implement a new style of play. The Premier League money and parachute payments, some very good Championship players in Reid, Morrison, Etheridge etc as well as a relatively low wage bill

We need about 2/3 midfielders, a right back and a striker (unless Ken can step up) and we now have the money to get that. This is a good opportunity and as stable as we've been for a long time
    I agree with this - seems like a good opportunity to get a good, proven manger in with a distinct style, having said that one more (max) season of Warnock wouldn't be the end of the world IMO..

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post

I agree with this as well. Whilst I don't believe that another season with NW at the helm would be a bad thing, as he says he is leaving at the end of next season then the change should be made now. Why not a move upstairs or has he another club lined up. Plymouth was mentioned several weeks ago.

Would rather take a punt on Villa Boas than keep Warnock. It’s just so incredibly unadventurous. Like for like. No in game management and so stubborn old fashion.

AND. That man marking system? What the actual ****!??

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Our 5 year plan seems to be find a youngish manager to get us playing attractive football, promoted and keep us in the PL.

Sounds great providing no other club has thought of it.
    Why? Is there only one manager capable of achieving this? Do you happen to know his name?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfmother View Post
    Would rather take a punt on Villa Boas than keep Warnock. It’s just so incredibly unadventurous. Like for like. No in game management and so stubborn old fashion.
    I’d snap your hand off for him, the scouting network he would get in place would be worth it alone

For me, I know it’s still raw & recent so I may be being terribly unfair pinning it all on one game, the Fulham game showed Warnock’s shortcomings particularly in this division. Going into that encounter playing as we did until they scored was unforgivable. As I say perhaps I’m being a bit of a drama queen for deciding whether I want a change or not based on 90 minutes of football but those 90 minutes encapsulated his philosophy. Of course there are 37 other games that did for us but that bloody one at Craven Cottage last week could & should have been THE one!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    For me, I know it’s still raw & recent so I may be being terribly unfair pinning it all on one game, the Fulham game showed Warnock’s shortcomings particularly in this division. Going into that encounter playing as we did until they scored was unforgivable. As I say perhaps I’m being a bit of a drama queen for deciding whether I want a change or not based on 90 minutes of football but those 90 minutes encapsulated his philosophy. Of course there are 37 other games that did for us but that bloody one at Craven Cottage last week could & should have been THE one!!!!

I don't believe it's unfair to question a manager when he gets so much wrong (the team he selected yesterday was an admission of guilt in some respects) in one, tremendously important, match.