+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thank you Mr. Warnock but

Thank you Mr. Warnock but

Can you give us another season?

Re: Thank you Mr. Warnock but

No thanks. The club needs a reboot. We need to look to the long-term. NW came in, rescued the club, and did and amazing job last season. But this season has shown his naivety and his limitations. It's been piss-poor and I have no reason to believe that should lightning strike twice it would be no different next time around.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    No thanks. The club needs a reboot. We need to look to the long-term. NW came in, rescued the club, and did and amazing job last season. But this season has shown his naivety and his limitations. It's been piss-poor and I have no reason to believe that should lightning strike twice it would be no different next time around.
    why would it not be a good thing if it is no different next time around? that would be a fantastic achievement! it would mean going up and getting relegated again, becoming a proverbial 'yo-yo' club for another season or two under Warnock, would be a huge step up in our history as a club, it would put us in much better circumstances than what has happened to other recent relegated clubs, and 'yo-yo' clubs have often used the positive money flows to invest and build for a sustained period in the top flight. Its is the next logical stepping stone, and Warnock is the best man to deliver that.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I don't agree on the naivety, I think that's a little harsh. But I am opposed to another Warnock season if there is no long-term development plan. Being honest, this season had been dire in terms of quality. And the upshot is we have a squad and development system that seems to require major attention. In short, we are pretty close to being where we were after NW's first season. And that means no real progress in two years. I'd rather not be promoted if we aren't going to make a serious effort to stay in the PL and actually compete in it. So, NW has to tell us how we are going to develop with a 3-5 year plan or I'd say "thank you Neil but we need to move on".

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    why would it not be a good thing if it is no different next time around? that would be a fantastic achievement! it would mean going up and getting relegated again, becoming a proverbial 'yo-yo' club for another season or two under Warnock, would be a huge step up in our history as a club, it would put us in much better circumstances than what has happened to other recent relegated clubs, and 'yo-yo' clubs have often used the positive money flows to invest and build for a sustained period in the top flight. Its is the next logical stepping stone, and Warnock is the best man to deliver that.
    Or what about someone who can deliver Premier League football, survival and growth?

Yes please. Stability will be needed. The days of slade and trollope haven't quite been erased from my mind.

He has said himself he'd like another year and then the club will need to bring someone else in moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Or what about someone who can deliver Premier League football, survival and growth?
    Because it is not as simple as that mate, otherwise everyone will be doing it, you take chances, get a young manager from some foreign country who looks the part and says the right things, rebuilds the whole squad and next you thing you know you could just as easily be falling down the leagues.

As i said it is being talked about that keeping warnock and getting promoted again is being suggested as a bad thing for a long term growth, well it is much better than where we have been as a club in all our lifetimes.

I want him to move on but feel like the club is too naive to get a good replacement. I'd rather have him for another year unless there's a better option. Danny Cowley at Lincoln would be an interesting appointment if we could get him.

At the end of the game, the team and manager were given a rousing reception and the atmosphere was good during the game as well. Perhaps the people who want NW to go on here should actually go to games and experience this. They might form a different opinion. Its obvious he has the support of the general fan base to do another season at least.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    At the end of the game, the team and manager were given a rousing reception and the atmosphere was good during the game as well. Perhaps the people who want NW to go on here should actually go to games and experience this. They might form a different opinion. Its obvious he has the support of the general fan base to do another season at least.
    I posted something similar to his on the match thread, it is truly incredible how a few people on here can skew the mood around the club, 30,000 people today gave Neil applause today as his name was sang during the game

I posted something similar to his on the match thread, it is truly incredible how a few people on here can skew the mood around the club, 30,000 people today gave Neil applause today as his name was sang during the game
    What? A few people calling for Neil to step aside means nothing mate, we're a small minority on this forum and all allowed an opinion on the manager. You act as if no-one appreciates his work here

Ok let’s say he stays another season the team needs a major overhaul now and we’re going to end up having another manager in to clear more duds now is the time to hit the reset button instead of risking having Russ back here on 2 years time

Because it is not as simple as that mate, otherwise everyone will be doing it, you take chances, get a young manager from some foreign country who looks the part and says the right things, rebuilds the whole squad and next you thing you know you could just as easily be falling down the leagues.

As i said it is being talked about that keeping warnock and getting promoted again is being suggested as a bad thing for a long term growth, well it is much better than where we have been as a club in all our lifetimes.
    Its not hard. Just need a young, ambitious manager. Build a team around local lads. Play fast, attacking and winning football. We should do that.

I go to games I've been a season ticket holder for 20 years and have been going for 47 years .
    Thank you neil but time for someone new for me.
    We need something more sustainable with local players coming through
    It's never about the Premier league for me I'd just like to see a couple of flair players playing attractive football and being competitive in the championship.

Firstly, it's certainly no gimmie that we'd go straight back up again next season. Secondly, Warnock has suggested he'd do one more season. This is my main crux of the matter. Suppose we went up. Would he go and we'd end up bringing in someone else who would likely rip up much of what he had done? Hardly the best time to do it if you've won promotion. If we didn't go up, we'd have just had one more Championship season before giving the job to someone else to rip up much of what Warnock had done. Suppose we went up, Warnock stayed on for another season and we come back down again? We'd be in exactly the same position as we are in now, but almost certainly managerless as Warnock retires.

Whoever takes over from Warnock is surely going to implement a different playing style and want to offload players. When is the best time for that to happen? If we won promotion? 2 years time if we won promotion and went back down?

The issue for me isn't so much with Warnock, but how long he intends staying and the scale of the job facing the new man. If it's just a season, then time to say a big thanks and goodbye. At the moment we have a midfield that needs a total rebuild, an ageing defence and toothless strikers, though lots of good wingers. For me the logical thing says that if we need a bit of a rebuild, there's little sense in getting Warnock to do it if we're going to have another new boss soon enough who will want to do the same thing.

One thing we need to put to bed now is that we're not going to be a yo-yo club under Warnock. He won't be there that long by his own admission.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Yes please. Stability will be needed. The days of slade and trollope haven't quite been erased from my mind.

He has said himself he'd like another year and then the club will need to bring someone else in moving forward.
    It’s a no brainier, the guy has achieved more promotions to the PL than any other manager? Not only this but he stablised the club when in free fall. Why wouldn’t we? The time to move would be after another promotion.....

Neil Warnock will be remembered as one of our greatest ever managers, but I still think it is time for a change and a long term plan. Maybe put Warnock alongside Bellamy?

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Its not hard. Just need a young, ambitious manager. Build a team around local lads. Play fast, attacking and winning football. We should do that.

Which club has done this lately?

If Warnock stays, we will be competing in the top 3rd of the table and have a decent chance of promotion.

No manager or amount of money can guarantee any more than this in the most unpredictable of leagues where most pre season prediction's will have been proven wrong by mid November.

Willing in a young, trendy manager playing the beautiful game would be a huge gamble that could easily backfire especially given we don't have the squad or structure for that.

Keep the core of this squad, try and get a proven Championship striker, replace Gunnarson and we will be in the mix.

If he's up for it, Warnock has to stay imho!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    there you go, you have cracked it. sorted..

just would like someone to come in and play expansive football . warnock has done miracles fair play but would like to see a new direction in how we play

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Um swansea are probably closest

there you go, you have cracked it. sorted..
    It really is very easy.

Makes me laugh how everytime a new manager comes in and talks this nonsense (giving youth a chance, developing players already got, additions in key areas, going to play attacking football.....) fans always lap it up. Every time. Although most of the time its a total flop.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Exactly. Complete lunacy. Try to build a team around local lads.!!! Wed be in the feckin Welsh league.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Exactly. Complete lunacy. Try to build a team around local lads.!!! Wed be in the feckin Welsh league.
    I may have been joking......