+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thank you Mr. Warnock but

Re: Thank you Mr. Warnock but

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    At the end of the game, the team and manager were given a rousing reception and the atmosphere was good during the game as well. Perhaps the people who want NW to go on here should actually go to games and experience this. They might form a different opinion. Its obvious he has the support of the general fan base to do another season at least.
    Well said DML

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfmother View Post
    Would rather take a punt on Villa Boas than keep Warnock. It’s just so incredibly unadventurous. Like for like. No in game management and so stubborn old fashion.
    I was always a fan of AVB, so had a gander online and found this scouting report on Newcastle in 2005 amazing attention to detail
    https://secure.i.telegraph.co.uk/mul...1_1927022a.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    For me, I know it’s still raw & recent so I may be being terribly unfair pinning it all on one game, the Fulham game showed Warnock’s shortcomings particularly in this division. Going into that encounter playing as we did until they scored was unforgivable. As I say perhaps I’m being a bit of a drama queen for deciding whether I want a change or not based on 90 minutes of football but those 90 minutes encapsulated his philosophy. Of course there are 37 other games that did for us but that bloody one at Craven Cottage last week could & should have been THE one!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    What NW has done for the club should quite rightly not be forgotten, and it is understated the position he brought us from. Credit where it is due. However the dust is settled, and our epic journey is over... no reason to be sad as quite frankly we all knew the squad wasn't good enough, and I for one am very happy we didn't piss away a ridiculous amount of money last summer/winter. We fought within our means and nearly did it.

All that being said, I now hope the people who begged for Danny Ward and Zohore to be played now see how ****ing poor they are. They are ****ing aids, truly shit players who quite frankly shouldn't have sniffed a premier league squad place, let alone actually playing in meaningful top flight football matches in 2019. The fact Rhys Healey actually has premier league minutes this season is an absolute ****ing insult to the fans who pay money to follow the team. Sorry Rhys, you aren't even Championship standard, and anyone who suggests otherwise is wrong. Vincent Tan needs to a) Get rid of these gimps costing us money, b) Give whoever the manager is a reasonable amount of money to spend in the summer, and most importantly, c) Invest some bloody money in the academy. End of. If you want to be a successful, sustainable club in the 21st century, you need to be able to bring through/scout and nurture young talented football players... it's safe to say the club has completely failed to do this for 4 or 5 seasons, either invest in the academy set up or get rid of it.

We're at a serious crossroads... time to reinvent ourselves on the fly.
    You'll get some flak from the happy clappers, but in my opinion, your second paragraph is 100% correct.

I still think an extra 20M last summer would have done it.