What a great manager he is

* Operates on a limited budget
    * Continually building for the future.
    * Plays attractive football
    * Scouts and develops talented young players
    * Developes and improves lower league players
    * Strengthens the club's balace sheet through shrewd player aquisitions
    * Has a strong relationship with the fans

Surely he is the blueprint for any forward thinking club who seek promotion, and a sustained future in the Premier League?

Re: Eddie Howe

I don’t think his budget has been that limited.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I don’t think his budget has been that limited.
    His budget is limited compared to other teams. He got to the Premier League using some of the players from his League Two side, and he has turned other players into prized assets. It's all relative, and he could generate good returns if he sold any of his better players. As a manager he adds tremendous value.

Their EPL budget is not that small, I'm not sure what they spent on their rise from the 3rd Division (it has been discussed on here before) But yes, they have a good footballing philosophy. He's done a great job. It's a shame that the heirarchy at City do not seem that savvy, everything is short term.

My hasty internet search suggests his record sale his Matt Richie to Newcastle for £12million. I'm not sure he strengthens the club's balance sheet through buying and selling players, although doing it through staying in the premier league isn't a bad alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    My hasty internet search suggests his record sale his Matt Richie to Newcastle for £12million. I'm not sure he strengthens the club's balance sheet through buying and selling players, although doing it through staying in the premier league isn't a bad alternative.
    Well he is trying hard not to sell them, but there are certainly players there who would interest other clubs and could generate a healthy profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    His budget is limited compared to other teams. He got to the Premier League using some of the players from his League Two side, and he has turned other players into prized assets. It's all relative, and he could generate good returns if he sold any of his better players. As a manager he adds tremendous value.
    I think that they spent around 80 million this season and sold about 20 million worth of players, not bad in my opinion. Previous to that Bournemouth haven't spent that big, they may have even made a profit on transfers over the previous years, would be interesting to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I think that they spent around 80 million this season and sold about 20 million worth of players, not bad in my opinion. Previous to that Bournemouth haven't spent that big, they may have even made a profit on transfers over the previous years, would be interesting to know.
    I would view that as consolidation, and they also invest in young players for the future.

They have been one of the biggest net spenders in Europe over the past four years. They tend to buy quite a lot of players at around the £10 million mark and it adds up. They have sold very few players for much money. Their net transfer spend has been higher than Liverpool’s in that time.

Yes he is doing a decent job but he has been backed to the max.

Good manager but weren’t they find several million for breaching FFP the season they were promoted to Premier League?

They lost £14.6 million last year

Rubbish. They bought their way up to where they are and continue to spend.

He's done a great job but don't lie to make his achievements seem better

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post

In a nutshell....THIS.

They have been one of the biggest net spenders in Europe over the past four years. They tend to buy quite a lot of players at around the £10 million mark and it adds up. They have sold very few players for much money. Their net transfer spend has been higher than Liverpool’s in that time.

Yes he is doing a decent job but he has been backed to the max.
    It sounds like a good business model. Players like Brooks are going to be worth a lot more than £10 million. There is no profit when you buy players for top dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    They lost £14.6 million last year
    Oh, right, the site that i was looking on must be dud info.

It sounds like a good business model. Players like Brooks are going to be worth a lot more than £10 million. There is no profit when you buy players for top dollar.
    It’s very high risk. If he makes a few duff signings and they get relegated they will have FFP issues. All I can say is that he has spent a huge amount more on incomings than outgoings.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post

They are still in the Premier League, so I think the facts speak for themselves, and they have some very salable assets should they ever wish to cash in. I would consider their strategy to be very prudent and hardly a lie. They could have made big money on Calum Wilson if they had sold him earlier in the season.

They are still in the Premier League, so I think the facts speak for themselves, and they have some very salable assets should they ever wish to cash in. I would consider their strategy to be very prudent and hardly a lie.
    You said he is working on a limited budget though when clearly that isn’t true.

They are still in the Premier League, so I think the facts speak for themselves, and they have some very salable assets should they ever wish to cash in. I would consider their strategy to be very prudent and hardly a lie. They could have made big money on Calum Wilson if they had sold him.
    Since they arrived in the premier league they've spent around 160 million on players and recieved about 40 million in transfers the other way, so a net spend of about 120 million if that's correct, obviously there's wages on top of that as well.

It’s very high risk. If he makes a few duff signings and they get relegated they will have FFP issues. All I can say is that he has spent a huge amount more on incomings than outgoings.
    It's not like they rushed into it, they have been building season upon season. Brooks was arguably one of the buys of the season, and Fraser could be off to a Top 4 side.

You said he is working on a limited budget though when clearly that isn’t true.
    Like I said they aren't paying top dollar for their players, so it is an investment strategy. How much are their best 5 players worth?

Like I said they aren't paying top dollar for their players, so it is an investment strategy. How much are their best 5 players worth?
    that's a fair point, although if he got a few wrong then a club like bournemouth could end up like swansea in a few years. Apart from the TV money the only other income stream would be to sell one of the crown jewels every couple of seasons.

Didn't he go to Burnley for a little while and didn't cut it there so scuttled back to Bournemouth?

Since they arrived in the premier league they've spent around 160 million on players and recieved about 40 million in transfers the other way, so a net spend of about 120 million if that's correct, obviously there's wages on top of that as well.
    My earlier post was wrong. Apologies.

They actually lost around £10 m last season and made a profit of around £14 m the season before.

They spent a fair amount this season so I suspect they will make a loss next season as well.

Their wages figure is probably pretty big as well.

Yep I understand what you are saying but unless they start selling some of their best players they will have massive problems when they do down which in my view is inevitable. Charlton thought they broke the model. Then Reading. Then Swansea etc etc. All smaller clubs have a limited timespan in the top flight.
    He is doing a good job but is very fortunate to have so much backing from his owners.