+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eddie Howe

Re: Eddie Howe

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Didn't he go to Burnley for a little while and didn't cut it there so scuttled back to Bournemouth?
    Yes.

He's a good manager but has his limitations like all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    They are still in the Premier League, so I think the facts speak for themselves, and they have some very salable assets should they ever wish to cash in. I would consider their strategy to be very prudent and hardly a lie. They could have made big money on Calum Wilson if they had sold him earlier in the season.
    Right... I am not arguing that, I've said he's done a great job but they aren't paupers. Warnock put it best, we went in for Lerma and offered 3m and Bournemouth ended up buying him for over 25m instead.

Wilson + Fraser + Brooks = £13.8 million

Madine + Reid + Murphy = £26.6 million

What are they currently worth, and who would you prefer up front??

In fairness, it's hard to argue with you when such figures are staring at you in black & white.

It can easily go wrong, just look what the jacks did, makes our bad deals seem tiny.

Clucas £16 million
    Borja £15 million
    Bony £12 million
    Ayew £20 million
    Mesa £ 11 million
    Sanches £8 million
    Narsingh £4 million
    Fat Frank £4 million
    Paloschi £8 million

That's a cheeky little £100 million wasted right there.

Madine was not worth the money we paid but we needed a striker so were always going to overpay. Fraser and Brooks may have been cheaper because they were not as good as Murphy and Reid when signed but Bournemouth more confident in developing players or having better scouting system to identify future talent. Better coaching and better scouting system can be linked to investment and they're have been richer than us over the past 5 years for sure.

I don't think anyone would turn down the opportunity of switching with Bournemouth but there's an awful lot of context missing from you comparison.

It's not an easy game , buying ,there is evidence it can go badly wrong, however the club is run well ,they have bought in the right young talent and played in a good style in front of very small revenue generating crowds , as a manager and club he" s done remarkably well.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    It can easily go wrong, just look what the jacks did, makes our bad deals seem tiny.

Clucas £16 million
    Borja £15 million
    Bony £12 million
    Ayew £20 million
    Mesa £ 11 million
    Sanches £8 million
    Narsingh £4 million
    Fat Frank £4 million
    Paloschi £8 million

That's a cheeky little £100 million wasted right there.
    What makes it even worse is they got barely any playing time out of most of those players nor much in the way of transfer fees when they moved on. We will see where Bournemouth are in five years time. Howe may be looked at in a different light by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    What makes it even worse is they got barely any playing time out of most of those players nor much in the way of transfer fees when they moved on. We will see where Bournemouth are in five years time. Howe may be looked at in a different light by then.
    Whats eddie howe ever done to you anyway?!

Some other things to chew over .....

Bournemouth have also bought Ibe £16 million and Solanke £19million =£35 million plus who knows what they paid to secure Clyne on loan .?

Also what are the differences in wage bills between us and them ? We know we had the lowest wage bill this season.

Like all clubs if you can sustain Premier League football then everything is fine but get relegated and whole different ball game! At least this time , as disappointing it is , the financial millstone around our necks isn’t as large this time!!

Limited budget.????.

Showed his limitations yesterday. Had nothing in his locker to convert pressure against nine man Tottenham. Lucky three points with a deadball in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfmother View Post
    Showed his limitations yesterday. Had nothing in his locker to convert pressure against nine man Tottenham. Lucky three points with a deadball in the end.
    That's all you had to say.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    That's all you had to say.
    Yup. All that really interested me on the topic..
    it’s not like they are progressing year for year, is it..

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfmother View Post
    I disagree with you a lot but I agree here. He’s a decent manager but will never get a top job.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Limited budget.????.
    Yeah, the last figures I saw they were 16th in the wages table and 20th in match day income. Of course it's all relative and dependent on TV revenue, but they have survived the difficult transition period after their top-flight promotion and are now in a decent position squad wise. The progress they have made since 2009 has been incredible, when they finished 21st in League Three and narrowly escaped going out of the football league.

Yeah, the last figures I saw they were 16th in the wages table and 20th in match day income. Of course it's all relative and dependent on TV revenue, but they have survived the difficult transition period after promotion and are now in a decent position squad wise. Their progress since 2009 has been incredible, when they finished 21st in League Three.
    It will be interesting to see what happens to them when they do drop. We will soon see if they have overspent.

I think Howe deserves a go at a bigger club.

The Bournemouth limited budget is almost a big a myth as the Dave Jones shoestring budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    It will be interesting to see what happens to them when they do drop. We will soon see if they have overspent.

I think Howe deserves a go at a bigger club.

The Bournemouth limited budget is almost a big a myth as the Dave Jones shoestring budget.
    TV revenue £124m and a turnover £139m, so only £15m coming from elsewhere.