Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
Not for the first time in recent years, I've struggled to understand the mindset of the fanbase when it comes to the Premier League. There seemed to be a real inferiority complex this season with most fans readily accepting relegation before a ball had been kicked. It was described as 'a bonus season' by some. I didn't get that at all.

The Premier League includes Wolves, Leicester, Watford, Crystal Palace, Bournemouth, Burnley, Southampton and Brighton. Are any of those eight clubs bigger than Cardiff City in terms of fanbase and potential? Personally, I don't think so. Several are significantly smaller. Nevertheless, there seems to belief among City supporters that it's unrealistic to expect the Bluebirds to achieve what those clubs have. It's strange.

Yup, there was a noticeable inferiority complex amongst many of the fans. It trickled down from Warnock with his constant references to "Little Ol' Us".

I accept that it's sometimes part of a manager's psychology to take the pressure off his team, however, it was bordering on the Slade-esque (Russel Slade would even manage to big-up the likes of Burton Albion before a match).