Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Young Player of the Season winner - Callum Paterson

Young Player of the Season winner - Callum Paterson

Re: Young Player of the Season winner - Callum Paterson

He's about 34

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    He's about 34
    It's like when I was in school playing for the U13's and the other team had a fella with a full beard playing. Something doesn't quite add up

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    It's like when I was in school playing for the U13's and the other team had a fella with a full beard playing. Something doesn't quite add up
    Looks like someone's dad joined in a kickabout with the kids after coming in from an afternoon in 'spoons! Young player of the season my arse!

Having said that I like him - weird player and nowhere near prem class but that won't matter next season.

Says a lot for our youth system🤪

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Says a lot for our youth system��
    Says more about the pathway from youth system to senior side. We might have a brilliant youth system not being trusted for whatever reason.

Was his birth cert nicked from his car too?

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    .... nowhere near prem class but that won't matter next season.
    All of this written as if you've completely forgotten that Pato was the first opposing player to score at Anfield for yonks a few months back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    All of this written as if you've completely forgotten that Pato was the first opposing player to score at Anfield for yonks a few months back.
    Touche!

He's a trier and seems to know here the net is, but he's clearly technically lacking, I've doubts over his ability to stay fit and he goes to ground quicker than your mum on a see-saw.

I Love him

Touche!

He's a trier and seems to know here the net is, but he's clearly technically lacking, I've doubts over his ability to stay fit and he goes to ground quicker than your mum on a see-saw.
    Sad to say, Mum passed away on 20 January 2002...

I don't recall seeing comments about exactly how Paterson was injured when playing for Scotland, so here goes.......

He was selected as the main Scottish striker (in the grand tradition of Kenny Dalglish, Dennis Law and Joe Jordan) and typically was trying his darndest to impress and score. There was a floated cross that was behind him, but he corkscrewed his body to head the ball in a creditable attempt to score (which the keeper saved with difficulty). In this contorted state, he landed awkwardly and sustained a nasty injury. This was typical of the all-action player who has endeared himself to fans and whose gutsy performances have been sadly missed recently.

Sad to say, Mum passed away on 20 January 2002...
    Genuinely sorry to hear that. Although if I'd wanted a comeback I'd have scraped it off your missus chin.

Genuinely sorry to hear that. Although if I'd wanted a comeback I'd have scraped it off your missus chin.
    We separated about two years ago (just about got over it now)...........and to save you casting about for more alternatives, my dog was put down last week.

We separated about two years ago (just about got over it now)...........and to save you casting about for more alternatives, my dog was put down last week.
    https://www.samaritans.org/wales/branches/cardiff

He's 25 in a few months! But then I guess that's young by the current squad's standards.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    He's 25 in a few months! But then I guess that's young by the current squad's standards.
    It's a bit patronising as well. It's the type of award that should be given to a player who is making the break through, not an established pro, there has to be some kind of cut off point.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    It's a bit patronising as well. It's the type of award that should be given to a player who is making the break through, not an established pro, there has to be some kind of cut off point.
    Embarrassing is the word I'd use. Young Player Of The Year and already pushing 25!

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Embarrassing is the word I'd use. Young Player Of The Year and already pushing 25!
    It must be a bit embarrassing for the event organisers. The youngest first team squad member is 24.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    It's a Cardiff City thing, Tom Heaton was 25 when he was our "young" Player of the Year in 10/11.

Rhys Healey is 25 later this year but still seen as a “youngster” trying to make the grade.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Rhys Healey is 25 later this year but still seen as a “youngster” trying to make the grade.
    up until recently fans would say the same about Ralls and Zohore.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    up until recently fans would say the same about Ralls and Zohore.
    Would they?

Ralls has been a fixture in the team for several seasons and I don’t think I’ve ever heard Zohore described as that tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It's a Cardiff City thing, Tom Heaton was 25 when he was our "young" Player of the Year in 10/11.
    Theoretically, Patterson could win it for the next three seasons if there's nobody younger than him or better than him