Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
I think Harris, Richards, Gunnarsson , O'Keefe and Murphy are out of contract. We know Gunnar is going and the rest will too, although they may keep Murphy if Smithies or Etheridge go.

Manga is out of contract too I believe, but apparently there is an option for another year, not sure if it is with th club or th player> Sadly i can see him wanting to go. Another club will want him, although no-one did two years ago when he was out of contract then.

Sadly we are left with players like Madine, Tomlin and Bogle who the club will want to offload> Connolly too. And it's about time Healey was sold to play regular football, he's 25 now.

I believe Smithies and Cunningham need regular football, they cost a lot and won't want to stay as back ups in the Championship.

The only ones I think who would attract bids are Morrison, Etheridge, Bennett and Manga.

We know the loanees will leave.

So we are left with a squad of:

Etheridge, Smithies
Peltier, Bennett, Cunningham
Morrison, Bamba, Connolly.
Ralls, Bacuna, Tomlin, Patterson,
Madine, Bogle, Zohore, Ward, Reid
Murphy, Menndez-Laing, Hoilett.

So that's 20 players of which 2 may want to move one and the club will be looking at offloading another 4. They will need a massive new influx of players to make a decent squad.
Positional needs then:

1x full-back
1x Centre-back
2x Centre-midfield
1x Wide midfielder
1x Striker

Big summer ahead.