+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If Neil steps down

Re: If Neil steps down

Quote Originally Posted by Fulham traveller View Post
    New Cardiff city manager will be Tony pullis, not sure what tne good people of Cardiff have done to deserve this
    Before this season I would’ve been quite happy with Pulis as he’s someone with Premier League experience.

He does, however, appear to have sucked the life out of Boro.

But going for someone radically different to Warnock is asking for trouble, IMO

I'd take Pulis in the Prem to stay up, but Wagner, Flynn, Bellamy, I'd all take over him in the Championship

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Steven Gerrard .
    Young.
    Passionate.
    Modern Thinker .
    Very well connected.
    Would get dressing respect.
    Get young merseyside academy's down on loans.
    Is he very fashion conscious then?

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    He’s done well this season.

Every other suggestion on here is a non starter for various reasons.

Personally I don’t think we can be too radical.

An experienced Championship manager is needed. We don’t have the structure or back up at our club to be radical.

Always liked Nigel Adkins and can’t see him being happy at Hull. Alex Neill maybe if we could persuade him to come.

Also think Mowbray has done well at Blackburn, but I might be pushing it a bit with him.

Hoping Warnock gives it one more year
    Clarke has done very well this season at Rugby Park with limited resources. He’s been quoted for the Scotland managers job, but that could be a step backward at the moment 😁, and earlier this season was very vocal about the sectarian bile still very prominent in the Scottish game, which he’s suffered personally.
    Imo, I think he’d be perfect for us if the board showed some ambition. Very experienced after his time at Chelsea.
    The type of manager who could get us up and keep us up, as I say, with the boards backing.

For obvious reasons this one won’t go down well with some on here but Gary Monk would be excellent fit.
    He has done wonders at Brum with financial constraints and difficult owners.
    Never given proper chance at Leeds or Jacks
    However, main reason is his style is based on fitness and commitment but with more technique than NW so a perfect transition from where we are to a more technically good style
    Add to that, I read an interview with him a couple of months ago where he said he was big mates with NW and regularly spoke to him on phone
    Why not put NW as Director of football with Monk in charge and he could gradually evolve our style of play.
    I know some in here will say never but I think he will hate the Jacks after they dumped him

"He told those in attendance at the WebSummit in Lisbon: “England was bad for me, I was not flexible in my ideas.
    “I learned to be more flexible when I went from Chelsea to Tottenham. I always thought more in the long run without thinking in the short term.
    “I was thinking about the future, but the results were irregular.”"

Sounds like someone i would like to see given a chance. and his a free agent, isn't he? talking with celtic.

Quote Originally Posted by aclem View Post
    For obvious reasons this one won’t go down well with some on here but Gary Monk would be excellent fit.
    He has done wonders at Brum with financial constraints and difficult owners.
    Never given proper chance at Leeds or Jacks
    However, main reason is his style is based on fitness and commitment but with more technique than NW so a perfect transition from where we are to a more technically good style
    Add to that, I read an interview with him a couple of months ago where he said he was big mates with NW and regularly spoke to him on phone
    Why not put NW as Director of football with Monk in charge and he could gradually evolve our style of play.
    I know some in here will say never but I think he will hate the Jacks after they dumped him
    You make some good points but the place isn’t big enough for both egos.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfmother View Post
    "He told those in attendance at the WebSummit in Lisbon: “England was bad for me, I was not flexible in my ideas.
    “I learned to be more flexible when I went from Chelsea to Tottenham. I always thought more in the long run without thinking in the short term.
    “I was thinking about the future, but the results were irregular.”"

Sounds like someone i would like to see given a chance. and his a free agent, isn't he? talking with celtic.
    Are you talking to me

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Are you talking to me
    Not really, but its an idea that is growing on me!

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Sergeant Hartman would struggle to install discipline into that Morelos bloke!
    It was Allan Macgregors turn to lose the plot yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    It was Allan Macgregors turn to lose the plot yesterday
    I know but it’s only Morelos who has a discipline problem.

My major worry as a lot of Neil Warnock clubs seem to fall quite spectacularly after he leaves.

Maybe a mixture of NWs ability to squeeze every last drop of football out of an ageing squad, the squads loyalty to him and also getting the players to play in such a well-drilled unique way, a slight deviation in playing and management style can lead to months if not years of rebuilding.

Whilst my top two picks would be Wagner or Jokanovic, I just don’t think they could get the current squad into a competitive state with a new brand style of football and management before Tan’s (and the public’s) patience runs out

As much as I hate to admit it, Pulis may well be a safe pair of hands as he also seems to lessen the blow and be a “Warnock light” - before moving him on for the likes of the above. As long as Tan has forgiven him for that leaked CCFC team sheet of course

It's amazing how so many people on here were desperately wanting Pulis after Malky and OGS left.

Also I don't understand why some people think that Bellamy should be our next manager.

He's hardly set the U21's alight or whatever team he's coached.

Along with the fact that hes brought controversy with him wherever hes played and again since he's coached.

He's never coached a senior football team, anywhere and some would entrust him to turn around our fortunes after being relegated 😳

Quote Originally Posted by Kitman View Post
    My major worry as a lot of Neil Warnock clubs seem to fall quite spectacularly after he leaves.

Maybe a mixture of NWs ability to squeeze every last drop of football out of an ageing squad, the squads loyalty to him and also getting the players to play in such a well-drilled unique way, a slight deviation in playing and management style can lead to months if not years of rebuilding.

Whilst my top two picks would be Wagner or Jokanovic, I just don’t think they could get the current squad into a competitive state with a new brand style of football and management before Tan’s (and the public’s) patience runs out

As much as I hate to admit it, Pulis may well be a safe pair of hands as he also seems to lessen the blow and be a “Warnock light” - before moving him on for the likes of the above. As long as Tan has forgiven him for that leaked CCFC team sheet of course
    Good post

Quote Originally Posted by JDerrida View Post
    It's amazing how so many people on here were desperately wanting Pulis after Malky and OGS left.

Also I don't understand why some people think that Bellamy should be our next manager.

He's hardly set the U21's alight or whatever team he's coached.

Along with the fact that hes brought controversy with him wherever hes played and again since he's coached.

He's never coached a senior football team, anywhere and some would entrust him to turn around our fortunes after being relegated ��
    To be fair to him, the team Bellamy was in charge of won it's league this season even though their results deteriorated a bit after he went on his gardening leave.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    To be fair to him, the team Bellamy was in charge of won it's league this season even though their results deteriorated a bit after he went on his gardening leave.
    I don’t think he can even be considered at the moment.
    The ‘bullying ‘ accusations may be just malicious, but the drink drive thing is a lot more worrying.

I’m concerned he’s gone off the rails again.

Steven Gerrard .
    Young.
    Passionate.
    Modern Thinker .
    Very well connected.
    Would get dressing respect.
    Get young merseyside academy's down on loans.
    What makes you think he'd be any good in the Championship? Which we all acknowledge to be a highly competitive league. He got the second biggest club in Scotland to second place. How would you feel about him if Rangers finished 3rd?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    What makes you think he'd be any good in the Championship? Which we all acknowledge to be a highly competitive league. He got the second biggest club in Scotland to second place. How would you feel about him if Rangers finished 3rd?
    But they are not going to finish 3rd??!!

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    How would you feel if he won the league? They aren’t finishing third so bit daft

We'd probably end up with Ian Holloway. I always really disliked Gary Monk but he's done a good job at Birmingham. Karanka for me (if he'd promise to stay the seasons and not have a strop).

Quote Originally Posted by Kitman View Post

You’re dead right Kitman,if Warnock leaves Pulis would be a safe pair of hands, spent most of his management career in Premier League never been relegated, a Welshman and a childhood Bluebirds supporter! Warnock has a record number of promotions, eight but also relegations now six and never stayed more than a season in Premier League!

The man I'd have is David Wagner
    I suggested this when he left Huddersfield.
    He understands the championship and ties to play good football.
    Whether it is someone new or Warnock again, the club must now understand less is more.
    We could do with quite a number of players but 5-6 for a couple of million does not add the quality we need.
    If we are really building for the future then two good signings added to the existing squad (for now) would be preferable.
    Not sure Warnock would think that way

Quote Originally Posted by Fulham traveller View Post
    New Cardiff city manager will be Tony pullis, not sure what tne good people of Cardiff have done to deserve this
    Simon Jordan was bigging Warnock up for the role at Fulham - now bear in mind Warnock and Jordan are good mates - wonder if there was anything in that

Wagner is taking over at Schalke and will not be coming here, Monk and Gerrard are laughable, Steve Clarke, Alex Neill and Adkins are going nowhere

There is only one logical manager for next season - Warnock

I'd be gutted if he left however Pulis is the obvious answer if he did leave

Hasn't NW still got a year left on his contract ? If so, I don't think there is any chance of him "stepping down" voluntarily. He's not going to walk away from a year's salary. If, however, he gets the push which is a possibility then all the above may apply. If he does go then I would hope that we would not opt for the cheap option of keeping KB and RJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    How would you feel if he won the league? They aren’t finishing third so bit daft
    I'd feel like it was an amazing achievement. If they finished third, I'd feel like he was getting something wrong. Finishing second tells me nothing.