Thread Re. Dalman’s pre-match comments

Is there one?

Shocking how amateurish they were.

Re: Thread Re. Dalman’s pre-match comments

What he say?

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    What he say?
    Admitted that they were badly prepared for this season and now they have learnt that they have to start 6 months plus before the end of the season.

Mind-boggling.

Well at least they've learned. Maybe they'll also learn we need a long term strategy when it comes to playing style and picking the next manager.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    Well at least they've learned. Maybe they'll also learn we need a long term strategy when it comes to playing style and picking the next manager.
    He went on to say he’d love to keep NW at the club. I wouldn’t hold my breath if I were you.

I get the feeling that the club is way behind the times with regards the important behind the scenes stuff.

We need a new owner. You can’t trust these guys to make any important footballing decisions. I can see NW becoming a DOF type figure which would be daft considering how out of touch he is with modern game.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    He went on to say he’d love to keep NW at the club. I wouldn’t hold my breath if I were you.

I get the feeling that the club is way behind the times with regards the important behind the scenes stuff.

We need a new owner. You can’t trust these guys to make any important footballing decisions. I can see NW becoming a DOF type figure which would be daft considering how out of touch he is with modern game.
    I can appreciate some people don't like the style of play, I can appreciate some people may just not like the guy, he has certainly rubbed many up the wrong way over the years.

But come on, the guy managed us to promotion to the Premier League last season coming in halfway through the season prior. I'd say he's pretty well in touch with the game.

I doubt there are many owners who can make informed footballing decisions.

What we need is a sporting director in my opinion.

Warnock deserves the freedom of the City for what he's achieved at this club but I wonder if he'd embrace that kind of evolution at this club. Maybe he would but I think for Warnock's magic to work he'd need full control and this would be at odds with someone with a long term strategy.

Admitted that they were badly prepared for this season and now they have learnt that they have to start 6 months plus before the end of the season.

Mind-boggling.
    Where did he say this?

Is there one?

Shocking how amateurish they were.
    Link?

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I can appreciate some people don't like the style of play, I can appreciate some people may just not like the guy, he has certainly rubbed many up the wrong way over the years.

But come on, the guy managed us to promotion to the Premier League last season coming in halfway through the season prior. I'd say he's pretty well in touch with the game.
    He's managed lots of teams to promotion...quite a few to relegation as well. Just as many players may be good enough to get promoted but not be good enough for the premiership, may be some managers are the same

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Where did he say this?
    Pre match Palace on Radio Wales.

Difficult decisions to be had

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I doubt there are many owners who can make informed footballing decisions.

What we need is a sporting director in my opinion.

Warnock deserves the freedom of the City for what he's achieved at this club but I wonder if he'd embrace that kind of evolution at this club. Maybe he would but I think for Warnock's magic to work he'd need full control and this would be at odds with someone with a long term strategy.
    The guy is 70 years old. He is very traditional in his style and his mindset. He is not the future.

Have a look at how teams like Swansea, Wolves, Bournemouth play. Young, wordly managers with a contemporary approach to the game. We are the luddites of elite football and this roll-your-sleeves-up, honest-to-goodness thing only goes so far for me.

Like I said though, that’s kind of besides the point, or the tip of the iceberg. The people in charge of the club are unlikely to look beyond their noses. I can’t see the club developing anything longterm under this lot.

If Warnock goes I'd guarantee Blackwell steps up. God help us, Slade/Trollope all over again.

I'd rather Warnock than Blackwell or Pulis

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0004rdn

Starts at 18:50, brief chat of about three minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    If Warnock goes I'd guarantee Blackwell steps up. God help us, Slade/Trollope all over again.
    I apologise if this is far too personal but when the City players are out prior to the game practicing all kinds of stuff, he looks like a Sunday pub league guy in baggy shorts with a big beer belly

Nothing like a deliberately sensationalised thread full of supposition, innuendo and criticism at the end of a long hard season to get the juices flowing is there. Presumably makes the poster and other like contributors feel all important and knowledgeable, with their fingers on the pulse of current events at the club. Sets them up nicely for the long summer break when things might be a bit quiet. Otherwise known as a pile of old drivel submitted by people who have nothing better to do.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Nothing like a deliberately sensationalised thread full of supposition, innuendo and criticism at the end of a long hard season to get the juices flowing is there. Presumably makes the poster and other like contributors feel all important and knowledgeable, with their fingers on the pulse of current events at the club. Sets them up nicely for the long summer break when things might be a bit quiet. Otherwise known as a pile of old drivel submitted by people who have nothing better to do.
    Tell me then. Why exactly is Dalman at the club. What is his role? What is his job, and if he has one. Did he do it well? Is he qualified in any way? Genuine question. Not to put you on the spot. Well, a little bit maybe, but..

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfmother View Post
    Tell me then. Why exactly is Dalman at the club. What is his role? What is his job, and if he has one. Did he do it well? Is he qualified in any way? Genuine question. Not to put you on the spot. Well, a little bit maybe, but..
    I think they are very valid points. Between Tan and Choo we have plenty of financial and balance sheet experience. I think the club could replace that position with a Director of Football who could review transfers, negotiate contracts and have regular meetings with the manager to address football issues.
    Unfortunately, due to his headstrong demeanour it cannot be Warnock. Maybe someone like Alan Curbishley ?

Not a convincing interview , avoided the initial question about NW, then joked he did not know what VT was thinking.

Mehmet Dalman is an investment banker. Even though he's listed as chairman, I'm assuming he oversees the day-to-day running of the club in a CFO capacity. And as such, is part of the Transfer Committee. He has no football experience as far as I am aware.

Maybe we're just supposed to "get behind him"?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Mehmet Dalman is an investment banker. Even though he's listed as chairman, I'm assuming he oversees the day-to-day running of the club in a CFO capacity. And as such, is part of the Transfer Committee. He has no football experience as far as I am aware.

Maybe he is there because of his contacts within the banking industry ?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post

Then we could ask why Ken Choo is there.. Any more number crunchers at the club? But Dalman also has a part ownership, dosent he. So he quit his banking job to overse day to day running at a football club? Is that his job now? Or is he still a banker, and Cardiff City is more of a hobby? Oversee what exactly? If the shirts are clean and checking if everyone turned up for their job? No wait, that is Ken Choo again.. Im still confused. And i Dalman didn't know to plan two separate outcomes from the season. You would think almighty Warwick did? After all, he is the promotion master?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfmother View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mehmet_Dalman

From 1990 to 1995, Dalman served as the Head of European and Japanese Equities at Credit Lyonnais Securities and Head of Quantitative Marketing at The Nikko Securities Europe. He served as a Managing Director at Deutsche Morgan Grenfell Capital Markets Limited, and Head of Japanese Equities and Equity Derivatives for Asia Pacific. Between 1997 and 2004, Dalman was the first non-German to sit on the board of the German bank Commerzbank. He founded the WMG Group / WMG Advisors LLP in 2004. In January 2012, Dalman joined the Cardiff City F.C. board as the Bluebirds looked to return to the top flight and was subsequently made chairman in July 2013.[

http://wmgfunds.com/about-us/

I think he was the main person behind the scenes who arranged the Manchester United sale to the Glazers from Magnier and McM**** about 15 years ago. He almost sold the club to Colonel Gadaffi - but that fell through.

He's a financier, businessman, deal-maker, experienced chairman and figure of calm and authority. Useful to have in his role with the club. He wouldn't know a 15 goal a season striker though if he fell over one!

(The '****' above should read 'a nus' with no gaps!)