+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Will we ever attempt this

Will we ever attempt this

https://youtu.be/xewbq51vj-Y

Listen from 7 minutes on

This is what I constantly bang on about. Having a clear vision for our future and being brave enough to try it. It wouldn't be without difficulty but something needs to change in this country.

Re: Will we ever attempt this

it's a lost cause in this country to breed young technical players through the ranks .

as mentioned on another thread last week the dutch master Cruyff was a visionary who took the game to another level in the early 90's who utilised futsal tactics and adopted them to the 11 a side game .Ajax is a prime example of this and it's worked to great effect for them

a great article here by Doug Reed

https://grimsbyfutsal.co.uk/coaching...lona-team.html

If you were saying this 10 years ago Mozzer I would concur but the England DNA has been brilliant and you can't say players like Phil Foden and Jadon Sancho are not technical!

Recently Oliver Beirhoff lamented the German system which is now changing to follow the English system.

You'll be aware of people like Pete Sturgess who are massive advocates of futsal and the system has been reformed and most clubs place a huge emphasis on 1v1 domination and small sided games. (Our club being an exception to the rule)

i,m fully aware of the changes that's been implemented in recent times but the change is 10 to 15 years too late especially in England who have a huge budget compared to the other home nations

Yes you are correct about Sturgess in fact have met him a few times over the years along with Doug Reed who wrote that article

now i,ve got my futsal head on always remember watching the 2012 world cup final with my lad on eurosport back in 2012 and remembering what the hell is this .highlights here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRsiRygOYu4

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    If you were saying this 10 years ago Mozzer I would concur but the England DNA has been brilliant and you can't say players like Phil Foden and Jadon Sancho are not technical!

Recently Oliver Beirhoff lamented the German system which is now changing to follow the English system.

You'll be aware of people like Pete Sturgess who are massive advocates of futsal and the system has been reformed and most clubs place a huge emphasis on 1v1 domination and small sided games. (Our club being an exception to the rule)
    But how different is the England DNA system to the Welsh Way apart from the huge budget and more advanced starting point?

Regarding Cardiff City, I think it's really important to give Warnock another year so we can put in plan structures off the pitch (more of a scouting system, more of a pathway from developmental side, potentially even a director of football) during a period of relative stability. It would not be long term planning to jump back to something like Trollope was doing, which is about as close as we've come to looking to play attractive football as a continuous and club wide style.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    But how different is the England DNA system to the Welsh Way apart from the huge budget and more advanced starting point?

Regarding Cardiff City, I think it's really important to give Warnock another year so we can put in plan structures off the pitch (more of a scouting system, more of a pathway from developmental side, potentially even a director of football) during a period of relative stability. It would not be long term planning to jump back to something like Trollope was doing, which is about as close as we've come to looking to play attractive football as a continuous and club wide style.
    Trollop’s football was dire.

We hardly had a shot on goal for the time he was in charge.

Just because players pass the ball around in their own half doesn’t make football attractive.

Warnock’s teams may be direct, but they play with tempo and usually have a few players with pace, who can get you out of your seat.

As for ‘he’s a dinosaur’ etc.. yes he’s got a few things wrong, but he’s also out- thought some very good managers and come up with some excellent tactical surprises to catch opponents out.

Getting old doesn’t necessarily mean getting out thought.

Probably a lot of posters on here saying Warnock is past it who are approaching his age and still capable of clear thinking.

Experience shouldn’t be underestimated.

Trollope is still in the Premier League with Chris Houghton at Brighton other Manager we turned down a few years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post

Can you really see this happening with Neil Warnock as our manager?

I think you got more chance of being struck by lightning than having a club structure put in place bob !