+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park

Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park

Oh CCMB font of knowledge

Looking at going to the copperbox arena in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park in 2 weeks time to watch the netball grand final

now it'll be myself, my 2 daughters and 1 daughters friend

I could drive down the M4 - M25 and in that way, i guess i will hit the lez and congestion charge zones, though the later was always just for weekdays

whats car parking like ? ? ? surely for the Olympics it must have ample car park space ? ? ? or do you park outside and train in ? ? ?

cheers in advance for any helpful advice

First Team

Re: Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

Looking at going to the copperbox arena in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park in 2 weeks time to watch the netball grand final

I could drive down the M4 - M25 and in that way, i guess i will hit the lez and congestion charge zones, though the later was always just for weekdays

whats car parking like ? ? ? surely for the Olympics it must have ample car park space ? ? ? or do you park outside and train in ? ? ?

There is no parking at the Olympic site with very limited places at the nearby Shopping centre. Local street parking is covered by residents permits and draconian enforcement is in place.
    The London Stadium does have a web site which may help but when I looked at it for the same reason as you, for our match there, the advice was very clearly don’t even think about driving here.
    If you are using the car look at parking up in Essex/ east London borders and using the overground services to get into the stadium as it is extremely well connected by public transport.

You can book in advance to park at Westfield Stratford

https://uk.westfield.com/stratfordci.../smart-parking

Park in Acton, and get the Central Line there.

Park near West Ruislip tube. Central Line all the way to Stratford (57 mins). Free parking most of the time and no ULEZ nor Congestion Charging costs. Cheap tube travel. If you want any further details let me know.

whats car parking like ? ? ? surely for the Olympics it must have ample car park space ? ? ?
    this your first time visiting London?

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    There is no parking at the Olympic site with very limited places at the nearby Shopping centre. Local street parking is covered by residents permits and draconian enforcement is in place.
    The London Stadium does have a web site which may help but when I looked at it for the same reason as you, for our match there, the advice was very clearly don’t even think about driving here.
    If you are using the car look at parking up in Essex/ east London borders and using the overground services to get into the stadium as it is extremely well connected by public transport.
    I foolishly thought they might have had parking for such a massive site and development, crazy i know

Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post
    You can book in advance to park at Westfield Stratford

https://uk.westfield.com/stratfordci.../smart-parking
    cheers i saw that, i try to avoid driving in london, it annoys me

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    Park in Acton, and get the Central Line there.
    cheers, i thought of that area

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny London View Post
    Park near West Ruislip tube. Central Line all the way to Stratford (57 mins). Free parking most of the time and no ULEZ nor Congestion Charging costs. Cheap tube travel. If you want any further details let me know.
    cheers, whats the parking likely to be like on a saturday morning / lunch time ? ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by richard. View Post
    this your first time visiting London?
    no, been up a couple of times, normally park at Hounslow West, massive station car park, think from memory it was 450 spaces, never failed to find a space in that car park and was about 6 quid all day

I foolishly thought they might have had parking for such a massive site and development, crazy i know

cheers i saw that, i try to avoid driving in london, it annoys me

cheers, i thought of that area

cheers, whats the parking likely to be like on a saturday morning / lunch time ? ? ?

no, been up a couple of times, normally park at Hounslow West, massive station car park, think from memory it was 450 spaces, never failed to find a space in that car park and was about 6 quid all day
    The Greenway Ickenham UB10. You'll be able to park 5 mins from Tube. Free and easily on a Saturday.

Go M4 to North Circular, park at Leytonstone tube - only a couple of stops to Stratford.

No congestion charge, six(?) quid all day, and it's epretty empty on Saturdays.

it's in zone 2, you're not meant to drive there - it is crazy to think they would. you've got your answer there, park at Hounslow West and get the central line there!

International

Quote Originally Posted by richard. View Post
    it's in zone 2, you're not meant to drive there - it is crazy to think they would. you've got your answer there, park at Hounslow West and get the central line there!
    Problem is the Central line goes nowhere near Hounslow. You have to catch the Piccadilly line and change at Holborn. Be aware that journey will take you up to 1 1/2 hours.

As my user name suggests, I live about 10 minutes from Queen Elizabeth Park, so know the area like the back of my hand! My advice would be to drive around the M25, then take the M11, then the A12 to Stratford, that should take you 50 minutes from the M4. There is ample parking space at Westfield Stratford, which is a pleasant ten minute walk to the Copper Box, through the Park. You can register online for Westfield Parking, which knocks £1.50 off your days parking and saves you getting a paper ticket, as it just reads your registration plate. Any other questions, just let me know.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Leytonstoneblue View Post
    As my user name suggests, I live about 10 minutes from Queen Elizabeth Park, so know the area like the back of my hand! My advice would be to drive around the M25, then take the M11, then the A12 to Stratford, that should take you 50 minutes from the M4. There is ample parking space at Westfield Stratford, which is a pleasant ten minute walk to the Copper Box, through the Park. You can register online for Westfield Parking, which knocks £1.50 off your days parking and saves you getting a paper ticket, as it just reads your registration plate. Any other questions, just let me know.
    I know the area too and would agree with that 100%. The only reason i didn't mention the westfield parking was because the second poster said the shopping centre parking was limited, so I thought he knew something I didn't.

thanks all

I must admit i hate driving in london, but being sat on the tube for 50 mins also doesnt appeal a tough customer me

Quote Originally Posted by Leytonstoneblue View Post
    is westfield in the ULEZ or LEZ ?? ?

looks like a few places to eat at westfield aswell, Busaba Eathai and Indi-go looks promising

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I know the area too and would agree with that 100%. The only reason i didn't mention the westfield parking was because the second poster said the shopping centre parking was limited, so I thought he knew something I didn't.
    I suggested parking at Westfield in the third post of this thread! I even linked to the website to book but I guess most people have a short attention span or don’t read carefully

International

I suggested parking at Westfield in the third post of this thread! I even linked to the website to book but I guess most people have a short attention span or don’t read carefully
    Or sometimes don't read at all, just scan for trigger words and move on.

indeed you did

and i thanked you for the post in post #7

still not sure what to do LOL

indeed you did

and i thanked you for the post in post #7

still not sure what to do LOL
    Westfield is not covered by any of the Zones and you will be driving around London on the M25, so missing out central London, there are loads of places to eat, drink and shop at Wesfield. Believe me, dont even think about getting the Tube as its completely uneccessary. I would only suggest that option, when West Ham are playing.

many thanks to all the posters who gave me helpful advice

I opted to drive and park at the Westfield Mall, what a place that is, We are used to fairly big Malls ( from the US ) but that place was very nice, nice food place, indigo, Indian street food The Dosa was very good

The copperbox arena was great, good view from every seat by the looks of it, Team Bath netball team won the 3 place play-off after being down by 5 and trailing till the start of the 4th 1/4

a touch concerning when the Sat nav wants to take you off the route you are taking, but i stuck with the route Leytonstoneblue said and it worked well

many thanks to all the posters who gave me helpful advice

I opted to drive and park at the Westfield Mall, what a place that is, We are used to fairly big Malls ( from the US ) but that place was very nice, nice food place, indigo, Indian street food The Dosa was very good

The copperbox arena was great, good view from every seat by the looks of it, Team Bath netball team won the 3 place play-off after being down by 5 and trailing till the start of the 4th 1/4

a touch concerning when the Sat nav wants to take you off the route you are taking, but i stuck with the route Leytonstoneblue said and it worked well
    Nice one Matt, I'm glad you had a good day out and a smooth journey to the Park

revisiting the copperbox tomorrow

On the M4, as i hit the M25 , i know i dont head towards heathrow / gatwick, i go the other way, anyone know what its sign posted ? ? ? Watford ? ? ?

revisiting the copperbox tomorrow

On the M4, as i hit the M25 , i know i dont head towards heathrow / gatwick, i go the other way, anyone know what its sign posted ? ? ? Watford ? ? ?
    M25 N - Watford

m25.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    M25 N - Watford

m25.jpg
    cheers dude

Im heading down the M11 , so it'll be sign posted

Its going to be early and at least i have a plan