+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: League attendances next season?

League attendances next season?

It would be encouraging to think City may have attracted some more 'hard core' fans as a result of our Premiership adventure.

The average league attendance for the 2017/18 season when we were last in the Championship was 20,164, but there are several variables: will we be challenging for promotion? who will be our manager? what signings will be made during the summer etc.

The season after we were last relegated, the average crowd dipped from 27,430 in the Premiership to 20,945.

This current season, the average gate has been 31,229. So, might we optimistically expect around 25K next season - especially as the ST prices have been lowered.

If this is realised, the ground will feel nicely full - given that the upper Ninian is not used for most games.

Re: League attendances next season?

Depends on if CCFC can generate excitement at the club and have a push for the PL again, if not expect 20k or less

We should invest decent cash in a midfielder like Arter or Joe Allen, who I hear would like a move away from Stoke. If we start we’ll i reckon we could average 25k

How many season tickets have we sold?

Probably around 19,000

Most of the away teams will be bringing fewer fans next season than this season, so that will make a difference to attendance figures

18000 would be my guess for actual attendees

It would be disappointing if we do not average over 20,000

Lower than that would be a kick in the teeth for everything good the club has done recently, higher than that is a very good sized crowd at championship level.

I would be interested in find out out how many season tickets we have sold to date?
    any posters still got connections in the ticket office?