Axel Witsel
    Corentin Tolisso
    Blaise Matuidi
    Youri Tielemans
    Gini Wijnaldum
    Fabinho (for Liverpool not Monaco)
    Tanguy Ndombele
    Fred?

There's probably loads more depending on your definition of "ball playing".
    Not many from the UK though, although loads of wide players and plenty of attack minded players.

Heisenberg

Re: Black Goalkeeper's

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Wolves recently had a black british goalkeeper, can't remember his name, and we had Warner. Remember Man City had a black goalkeeper, Alex Williams back in the eighties, i can remember some racist arseholes throwing bananas at him from the canton stand.
    Wolves had Matt Murray and Carl Ikeme recently (Ikeme played for Nigeria but was born in the UK).

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Wolves had Matt Murray and Carl Ikeme recently (Ikeme played for Nigeria but was born in the UK).
    That's the one, Cheers. I know that the thread isn't about the UK, although i think that the goalkeeper who spoke out in the original article was talking about European clubs not showing much faith in black goalkeepers, hence why i brought up development on these shores. I think that black players make up about 35% of all professionals in the UK, yet there seems to be a disproportionate amount of those players who play in a certain role.

Wolves recently had a black british goalkeeper, can't remember his name, and we had Warner. Remember Man City had a black goalkeeper, Alex Williams back in the eighties, i can remember some racist arseholes throwing bananas at him from the canton stand.
    That famous “carrot crunching goalie” that was going to win them the league, David James

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    That famous “carrot crunching goalie” that was going to win them the league, David James
    How did i forget him

People used to say the same about golf and tennis until tiger woods and the Williams sisters dominated their respective sports.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffCitySince1927 View Post
    Something to think about. Name 3 ball playing black midfielders. Apart from the world class, Paul Pogba, who could fill that role... who is there?
    Edgar Davids....Clarence Seedorf

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    The only current black keeper I can think of is the Ajax keeper
    Jordan Archer (Millwall)

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    People used to say the same about golf and tennis until tiger woods and the Williams sisters dominated their respective sports.
    With respect, Serena Williams and Tiger Woods are arguably the greatest at their respective sports the world has ever seen, it's not like they couldn't have them. A more representative indicator would be how many ordinary Black golfers and Tennis players there are, there are plenty of white ones.

I don't agree with the comments, football is so money, success driven, if someone is good enough they get the chance, it could possibly happen at 1 club but not at every single one.

There is a difference physically between black and white people and that is why some seem to excel at certain areas over the others.
    Maybe black people aren't picking that position as isn't appealing because of a lack of role model. Tim Howard was a decent keeper

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    I don't agree with the comments, football is so money, success driven, if someone is good enough they get the chance, it could possibly happen at 1 club but not at every single one.

There is a difference physically between black and white people and that is why some seem to excel at certain areas over the others.
    Maybe black people aren't picking that position as isn't appealing because of a lack of role model. Tim Howard was a decent keeper
    What are the physical differences between black and white people that can give them an advantage, this is news to me.

What are the physical differences between black and white people that can give them an advantage, this is news to me.
    Of interest: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_sports

We've had Tony Warner and Jason Brown.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I'll take a look tomorrow, i glanced over it. I've heard the one about West Africans being able to run faster, although it seems to be more prevalent in West Africans who were raised in the USA, Jamaica etc, not that many gold medal Olympians from Senegal if memory serves correctly, so maybe there's a correlation between sports that are traditionally taken up by Black Americans and infrastructure etc.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48147087

Just seen this article, and it is a topic I have heard discussed before. It is strange, when black footballers make up a huge demographic of professional football, that there are so little goalkeepers.

Is it social bias as the article suggests?
    Cultural?
    Or simply is it just an unexplained phenomenon that there are hardly any half decent black goalkeepers.
    I've always noticed this and the ones that make it are rubbish, I've no idea why? Goalies tend to start as players that aren't good enough to play anywhere else and give it a try, most kids want to be a Striker and then if they are not good enough work they way back through the team, with the shit ones often fat ending up in goals !!!

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Here's a few.

Fabian Delph.
    Angel Gomez.
    Loftus-Cheek
    Sturridge.
    Walcot.
    Jake Livermore.
    Are we just naming footballers who are black or mixed race?

As regards the lack of successful black swimmers I think it is to do with bone density. But boy oh boy don't they make up for it in the other events.

As regards the lack of successful black swimmers I think it is to do with bone density. But boy oh boy don't they make up for it in the other events.

Most black players play up front so you can keep an eye on them!

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Most black players play up front so you can keep an eye on them!
    Is this a blacks are all thieves joke?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Is this a blacks are all thieves joke?
    You’re quick today !

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    You’re quick today !
    Weird way to out yourself as a racist

It's always been fairly clear that he is but he's decided to wear his true colours openly for some reason.

Is that the conclusion you’ve jumped to?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    It's always been fairly clear that he is but he's decided to wear his true colours openly for some reason.
    That’s a grand assumption.