+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tan's other club doing well

Tan's other club doing well

No, not that one, Vincent Tan's other other club.
    Not the Belgian one, or the one in Bosnia and I vaguely recall him investing in one in Croatia as well.
    But LAFC, absolutely flying in the MLS.

They have a young winger who is meant to be going places called latif blessing , wouldn't be surprised to see him coming to Europe at some point.

I wonder whether Vincent is using these other clubs to gain a wider perspective on how clubs are run, and getting good practices and contacts in the game in other countries

Re: Tan's other club doing well

I would imagine it's something to do with money, the same as with all these new types of investors who don't have much interest in football.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I would imagine it's something to do with money, the same as with all these new types of investors who don't have much interest in football.
    Yep he’s made a fortune with us.....

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    He's had to put in well over 100millon to keep us afloat since he took over here, not sure his involvement with the other clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Yep he’s made a fortune with us.....
    I purposely didn't go into detail

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    No, not that one, Vincent Tan's other other club.
    Not the Belgian one, or the one in Bosnia and I vaguely recall him investing in one in Croatia as well.
    But LAFC, absolutely flying in the MLS.

They have a young winger who is meant to be going places called latif blessing , wouldn't be surprised to see him coming to Europe at some point.

I wonder whether Vincent is using these other clubs to gain a wider perspective on how clubs are run, and getting good practices and contacts in the game in other countries
    Winger eh? We all know Neil likes a winger, perhaps he could look to "borrow" him or get some kind of arrangement similar to that of Ken.

Not sure of the rules surrounding this so maybe he could come incognito.... Blessing in disguise??

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Winger eh? We all know Neil likes a winger, perhaps he could look to "borrow" him or get some kind of arrangement similar to that of Ken.

Not sure of the rules surrounding this so maybe he could come incognito.... Blessing in disguise??

Groan

He has amongst the highest number of successful dribbles in the MLS and also the highest number of tackles, and presses a lot.

Salaries in the MLS are interesting. Clubs usually have a few players on mega bucks and the rest on pretty low wages.
    Information I've seen from back in October, suggested blessing was on about $85k (annually)

I've brought up the prospect of us utilising ties with LAFC before and I'm sure I was told that Tan only owns a teeny bit of this club, I believe Will Ferrell owns more of a slice than him so more likely to see Latif Blessing turn up in Step Brothers 6 than a CCFC shirt IMO.