+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tan's Comments On Warnock

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Tan's Comments On Warnock

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Because it can go so badly wrong , so quickly, ask the Pompey's , Bolton's , Sunderland's of this work ,I do wonder where we would have been if we hadn't gone up in our last parachute payment year, probably searching in the bargain basement of life ?
    The last accounts show we are not even close to being in the sort of position some of the clubs you mention are and the ones for the current financial year should look healthier again - sorry, but you're just trotting out the line that may have been justified a few years ago, but things have changed now or at least they should have done. The way you talk you would think I was advocating us spending on the sort of level Villa did when they were relegated, but all I'm talking about is what you'd expect from a recently relegated club with a pretty low wage bill and fairly healthy finances that has been selling out its 30 odd thousand capacity most weeks - having the sort of infrastructure you would expect from such a club would be nice as well.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The last accounts show we are not even close to being in the sort of position some of the clubs you mention are and the ones for the current financial year should look healthier again - sorry, but you're just trotting out the line that may have been justified a few years ago, but things have changed now or at least they should have done. The way you talk you would think I was advocating us spending on the sort of level Villa did when they were relegated, but all I'm talking about is what you'd expect from a recently relegated club with a pretty low wage bill and fairly healthy finances that has been selling out its 30 odd thousand capacity most weeks - having the sort of infrastructure you would expect from such a club would be nice as well.
    I can remember when we took another tact and it nearly destroyed us , we ended up with Slade /Trollope era repairing taking years moving overpriced, over indulged , over hyped players out ,I'm happy with caution if it saves and steadies our clubs existence.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I can remember when we took another tact and it nearly destroyed us , we ended up with Slade /Trollope era repairing taking years moving overpriced, over indulged , over hyped players out ,I'm happy with caution if it saves and steadies our clubs existence.
    I agree entirely and I think Bolton would too. It's easy to spend gambling on staying up but the potential consequences when it all goes wrong could cost us our club:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...eague-15004538