Mendez Laing Retain / but sell if the price is right
    Zohore Retain / but sell if the price is right
    Ward Retain
    Harris Sell
    Healey Sell
    Niasse Gone
    Madine Sell

Re: Players to stay. Players to go?

So basically you’re happy with keeping 9 players of a squad and going from there?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    So basically you’re happy with keeping 9 players of a squad and going from there?
    No. I would retain 17 of the players but would be prepared sell 8 of those if the price was right and if that money was used to improve the squad.
    Of course, not all eight would be allowed to go.

Selling out of contract players is a brilliant idea. I. e Richards and Harris
    Come on down the price is right

Id sell Smithies. Im sure he will go as well unless Etheridge goes.

Cunningham retain not had a run hes a decent player in Championship..

Madine I think could do a job at our new level ,however recouping 6 million would be worth it.

Zohore no one will bid.

Bacunna is a good flexible option ,again at this level he'd be fine .

We have a few players who were out of thier depth in Premiership
    ( well most of them actually)and I think it's unfair to judge thier overall ability on the Premiership period, a few didn't get a real chance to bed themselves in , most slung into the team in panic not as a first choice , Cunningham and Bacunna ,spring too mind .

How anyone can judge Smithies is beyond me .

The only players who may attract bids in my view are :
    Etheridge.
    Manga.
    Patterson.
    Morrison.

Will they first team football in Premiership though .🤔🤔

Just started a massive post on this and lost it, when I went looking for Tonlin’s contract end.

Anyway

I reckon the 3 loanees will be gone as will Harris,
    Murphy who might stay on as coach
    Richards always injured
    And O’Keefe

At least 3 of those we could replace with kids from the youth team.

Maybe need a winger to replace Harris

There’s a few with 1 year left..

That includes Peltier, Manga, Ward, Zohore and Bamba who we will have to make decisions on extensions.

Healey, Connolly , Damour and Tomlin all have 1 year left and I wouldn’t be surprised if none were at the club next season- if only on loan for 1 or 2.

The rest of the squad will probably stay.
    We may get bids for Etheridge, Reid, Murphy or Bennett, but I reckon they will all stay for at least 1 more season .

I’m going to look up Bogle’s contract now, he’s probably off too, as is Madine

Madine 2 years left
    Bogle 1

Wouldn’t be surprised if there is some sort of promotion clause at least with Madine.

Bogle Id have back tbh, but I can’t see him playing for Warnock and think he wants to stay with Pompey who may still come up

So..

Squad if the all the ones I mention leave..

GK- Etheridge, Smithies, Ratcliffe ?
    LB- Cunningham, Bennett
    RB- Peltier, Coxe
    CB- Morrison, Bamba, Manga

CM- Ralls, Bacuna,

AM - Reid, Spence

Wingers- Hoillet, Murphy , NML

CF- Zohore, Ward,

All positions- Patterson 😂

We look fine at the back, maybe a 4th Centre half needed. Possibly a right back if you think Coxe isn’t sufficient cover.

Centre mid, need at least 2, plus a winger, and if Bogle, Healey and Madine all go we need 2 strikers. Could Griffiths be back up ? How old is he ? Transfermarket says 24.. surely not.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    So..

LB- Cunningham, Bennett
    RB- Peltier, Coxe

CM- Ralls, Bacuna,

AM - Reid, Spence

CF- Zohore, Ward,

All positions- Patterson 😂

We look fine at the back, maybe a 4th Centre half needed. Possibly a right back if you think Coxe isn’t sufficient cover.

Centre mid, need at least 2, plus a winger, and if Bogle, Healey and Madine all go we need 2 strikers. Could Griffiths be back up ? How old is he ? Transfermarket says 24.. surely not.
    Dan Griffiths is 18.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Dan Griffiths is 18.
    Cheers.

I’ve also left Mark Harris off my list, but I expect he’ll move on or get loaned out

I just cant see Smithies being here next season. He was regarded as one of the Championships top keepers. He may have been prepared to battle for the no.1 spot in the PL but its a battle he lost.

Im pretty certain he will be gone - unless Etheridge gets sold.

Tomlin apparantly Peterborough have got him match fit.
    He owes us one good season

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    So..

LB- Cunningham, Bennett
    RB- Peltier, Coxe

CM- Ralls, Bacuna,

AM - Reid, Spence

CF- Zohore, Ward,

All positions- Patterson ��

There were stories that Ryan Price, right back signed from TNS in the autumn, was interesting Portsmouth and Hull I think it was - if they are true, then that says to me that he should be seen as a first team possibility next season. Price and left back Dan Martin (a left back young enough to play for us in the Welsh Youth Cup match with the jacks in March that we picked up from Fulham) were probably the most impressive regulars in the Under 23 team during the first two thirds of the season.

I guess the fact that we're going down means that it will be easier to move some players on. The likes of Tomlin and Boggle could not have been sold last summer given the salary increases they would have seen on promotion. Assume everyone is back down to their previous levels now.

In terms of budget, I reckon we could be looking at £15-20m, to include one "marquee" signing up front?

5 to 7m i reckon.

We have two other players out on loan - Ciaron Brown is a centre back at Livingston and has made a number of appearances for them and James Waite is at Hereford. Waite looks a promising mf/no. 10 but is small so that may rule him out if Neil is still in charge!

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    5 to 7m i reckon.
    We'll do that much on one player.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    There were stories that Ryan Price, right back signed from TNS in the autumn, was interesting Portsmouth and Hull I think it was - if they are true, then that says to me that he should be seen as a first team possibility next season. Price and left back Dan Martin (a left back young enough to play for us in the Welsh Youth Cup match with the jacks in March that we picked up from Fulham) were probably the most impressive regulars in the Under 23 team during the first two thirds of the season.
    Cheers Bob.
    Hopefully relegation will present an opportunity for 1 or 2 in a slimmed down squad.

Just hope he doesn’t bulk it up with journeymen

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    We have two other players out on loan - Ciaron Brown is a centre back at Livingston and has made a number of appearances for them and James Waite is at Hereford. Waite looks a promising mf/no. 10 but is small so that may rule him out if Neil is still in charge!
    Problem is it’s such a big step up from there.

I’d like to see us loaning youngsters out to L1 and L2 clubs.

Hereford is close, but about 6 divisions below

On the basis of 2 players for each pisition we need:
    1 right back
    1 centre back
    1 winger
    2 central midfield
    2 strikers

There has to be a lot of churn this time with loan players coming and going, plus a few moved on. I expect Zohore and Madine to go and i cannot believe Tomlin will ever return. Players like Smithies and Cunningham may also look elsewhere for regular first team starts. Not sure if Bamba will be a regular either.

I think Harris, Richards, Gunnarsson , O'Keefe and Murphy are out of contract. We know Gunnar is going and the rest will too, although they may keep Murphy if Smithies or Etheridge go.

Manga is out of contract too I believe, but apparently there is an option for another year, not sure if it is with th club or th player> Sadly i can see him wanting to go. Another club will want him, although no-one did two years ago when he was out of contract then.

Sadly we are left with players like Madine, Tomlin and Bogle who the club will want to offload> Connolly too. And it's about time Healey was sold to play regular football, he's 25 now.

I believe Smithies and Cunningham need regular football, they cost a lot and won't want to stay as back ups in the Championship.

The only ones I think who would attract bids are Morrison, Etheridge, Bennett and Manga.

We know the loanees will leave.

So we are left with a squad of:

Etheridge, Smithies
    Peltier, Bennett, Cunningham
    Morrison, Bamba, Connolly.
    Ralls, Bacuna, Tomlin, Patterson,
    Madine, Bogle, Zohore, Ward, Reid
    Murphy, Menndez-Laing, Hoilett.

So that's 20 players of which 2 may want to move one and the club will be looking at offloading another 4. They will need a massive new influx of players to make a decent squad.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    I think Harris, Richards, Gunnarsson , O'Keefe and Murphy are out of contract. We know Gunnar is going and the rest will too, although they may keep Murphy if Smithies or Etheridge go.

Manga is out of contract too I believe, but apparently there is an option for another year, not sure if it is with th club or th player> Sadly i can see him wanting to go. Another club will want him, although no-one did two years ago when he was out of contract then.

Sadly we are left with players like Madine, Tomlin and Bogle who the club will want to offload> Connolly too. And it's about time Healey was sold to play regular football, he's 25 now.

I believe Smithies and Cunningham need regular football, they cost a lot and won't want to stay as back ups in the Championship.

The only ones I think who would attract bids are Morrison, Etheridge, Bennett and Manga.

We know the loanees will leave.

So we are left with a squad of:

Etheridge, Smithies
    Peltier, Bennett, Cunningham
    Morrison, Bamba, Connolly.
    Ralls, Bacuna, Tomlin, Patterson,
    Madine, Bogle, Zohore, Ward, Reid
    Murphy, Menndez-Laing, Hoilett.

So that's 20 players of which 2 may want to move one and the club will be looking at offloading another 4. They will need a massive new influx of players to make a decent squad.
    Didn’t Warnock say Manga is here for another season ? So I think he can be added back in. A squad of 22-23, plus a 3rd keeper which may be a youngster, with a couple of other kids given squad places when we’ve got injuries should be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    No. I would retain 17 of the players but would be prepared sell 8 of those if the price was right and if that money was used to improve the squad.
    Of course, not all eight would be allowed to go.
    We bought Murphy and Reid for about 22M didn't we? I can't see, how it would be possible to sell them at a profit. Or sell them for enough money to buy better replacements.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    We bought Murphy and Reid for about 22M didn't we? I can't see, how it would be possible to sell them at a profit. Or sell them for enough money to buy better replacements.
    I didn’t suggest selling Reid
    Re how, it would only come about if a player was wanted or wants to go.