+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disdain for the Scousers.

Disdain for the Scousers.

Am I missing something?

There is so much ill feeling against the Scousers but wouldn't it be good for football if they were to win, for variety sake at least?

I wonder, is the problem due to the fact that there are so many plastics around? If so, I'd say there has been a surge in Man City plastics over the past decade but nobody seems to mind about them.

There's beer belly-laden grown men walking around Tonyrefail with Man City's 2015/16 shirt for Christ sake.

Re: Disdain for the Scousers.

I think it’s to do with there being a lot of plastics and the whole “more intelligent than other fans” shite that gets thrown around.

Easy to ignore that though for me. I was glad they won last night and wouldn’t mind if they won the whole thing.

Would prefer spurs win if though.

I dislike spurs more.

You also have to have a certain admiration for Liverpool and the atmosphere they create at Anfield.

Not many other clubs can do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    I dislike spurs more.

You also have to have a certain admiration for Liverpool and the atmosphere they create at Anfield.

Not many other clubs can do that.
    ....on nights when European matches are on, apparently there is a good atmosphere. Otherwise it was up to City fans to sing "stand up and enjoy yourselves" (and a cheeky "show us your visas") to the library that is Anfield.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Am I missing something?

There is so much ill feeling against the Scousers but wouldn't it be good for football if they were to win, for variety sake at least?

I wonder, is the problem due to the fact that there are so many plastics around? If so, I'd say there has been a surge in Man City plastics over the past decade but nobody seems to mind about them.

There's beer belly-laden grown men walking around Tonyrefail with Man City's 2015/16 shirt for Christ sake.
    They are literally the 4th most successful side in the European Cup and 2nd in their domestic league. What sort of Variety is that

English club.
    Do I look bothered

..... for variety sake at least
    Gotta be Ajax if this is the line of thought.

Would love Ajax to win for the way they have approached the games with sides far bigger than them. They've gone for the jugular rather than parking the bus and hoping to nick a lucky goal, and it has been working.

That said I like the football Liverpool and spurs play as well

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    ....on nights when European matches are on, apparently there is a good atmosphere. Otherwise it was up to City fans to sing "stand up and enjoy yourselves" (and a cheeky "show us your visas") to the library that is Anfield.
    For the average Liverpool fan, playing Cardiff City in the Premier League is the equivalent of City playing Barnsley in the Championship. I somehow doubt the atmosphere at the CCS will be bouncing when the Tykes visit next season.

Am I missing something?

It would be good for football in Liverpool. Not sure why it would be good for football anywhere else. It would be good for the Sky shareholders as well, as more plastics buy their Sky Sports subscription.

I do agree that I'd rather see Ajax win the Champion's League for being the underdog.

In the Prem, I would like to Liverpool win it this year (doubt its going to happen) because they haven't won the league in the guise of the Premier League. I was equally routing for Leicester in their season.

After our home game with Liverpool a few weeks ago, we walked back to the station with some of their genuine scouse fans and I have to say that they were good as gold.

Some football fans have an affinity with other clubs for social and political reasons. Liverpool and Cardiff along with Swansea are closely aligned in that regard, as well as with other clubs like Nottingham Forest/Notts County, Barnsley etc whereas there is nothing in common with London or Manchester clubs.

I've only ever been to Liverpool once on a non-football related trip, but they absolutely live and breathe football in a similar way to Newcastle & Sunderland. I've been to Manchester loads of times and they don't seem to have as much passion for the game.

If Liverpool (or Spurs) were to win the Champions League, wouldn’t it be good to be able to say you’d seen your team compete against the European champions this season?

If it does happen, it may well be a first for Cardiff City (haven’t checked, so not 100% sure).

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    If Liverpool (or Spurs) were to win the Champions League, wouldn’t it be good to be able to say you’d seen your team compete against the European champions this season?

If it does happen, it may well be a first for Cardiff City (haven’t checked, so not 100% sure).
    I'm not sure "good" is the correct adjective to describe a conversation regarding my team being beaten twice in a season by a team that went on to be European champions. In fact, I probably wouldn't give it a second thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    I'm not sure "good" is the correct adjective to describe a conversation regarding my team being beaten twice in a season by a team that went on to be European champions. In fact, I probably wouldn't give it a second thought.
    Fair enough. Given the fact that football goes on ad finitum and City have spent a large percentage of my life lumbering around in the second tier of English football, I tend to view anything unusual like this as a bonus, but if others don’t that’s entirely up to them.

Fair enough. Given the fact that football goes on ad finitum and City have spent a large percentage of my life lumbering around in the second tier of English football, I tend to view anything unusual like this as a bonus, but if others don’t that’s entirely up to them.
    Perhaps our display against Liverpool means we are bigger than Barcelona after all....

Liverpool is a special club but having so many plastics in South Wales marks them out more than most - I see your one Man City fan and raise you hundreds in every town and city - as a club to want to see lose.

Plastic glory supporting fans up and down the country.

For the true fan. Someone who is from the city or has a genuine connection then fair play, I kinda smiled when they scored the fourth. Barca, like PSG in the other round just assumed it was job done.

I only hope ajax pull it off tonight, be an excellent final and hopefully a Dutch victory.

I don’t know how anyone can watch an amazing match like that last night as a neutral and come away feeling negative about it really. Matches like that are what makes football worth watching.

I'm sure most Cardiff fans have higher priorities than maybe or maybe not having played a team who at some point in the future may then go onto win the Champions League.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    I'm sure most Cardiff fans have higher priorities than maybe or maybe not having played a team who at some point in the future may then go onto win the Champions League.
    Sure thing. After all, most people have higher priorities than football.

You could say the same about 99.99% of everything else that is posted on here

Sure thing. After all, most people have higher priorities than football.
    Didn't really need to ask the question then, did you ?

Didn't really need to ask the question then, did you ?
    No, it wasn’t mandatory. Neither was answering it.

Barca v there feeder club Ajax in Madrid of all places would be a great game. Last summer I really enjoyed watching Liverpool get destroyed by Bale in the final, the pub was full of plastics, it was beautiful. I dint think people begrudge Man City anything because they had to put up with united winning everything for decades....

I blame Toshack

Seriously, you’ve got to remember , City had a great chance of promotion in 70/71 but sold Toshack, failed to get Warboys in quick enough and missed out on promotion. We then started to slide down the leagues and never really threatened the top division until this century !
    As we slid down so did our attendances and with increased football hooliganism at games, people stopped attending matches and as the only live football in those days were FA Cup final or England internationals , grew up on a diet of televised football highlights of the top teams which coincided with Liverpool’s rise especially in Europe where there was 1 representative for each league in European Cup with the others (including us normally in the early rounds) either in ECWC or UEFA cups.