I do agree that I'd rather see Ajax win the Champion's League for being the underdog.

In the Prem, I would like to Liverpool win it this year (doubt its going to happen) because they haven't won the league in the guise of the Premier League. I was equally routing for Leicester in their season.

After our home game with Liverpool a few weeks ago, we walked back to the station with some of their genuine scouse fans and I have to say that they were good as gold.

Some football fans have an affinity with other clubs for social and political reasons. Liverpool and Cardiff along with Swansea are closely aligned in that regard, as well as with other clubs like Nottingham Forest/Notts County, Barnsley etc whereas there is nothing in common with London or Manchester clubs.

I've only ever been to Liverpool once on a non-football related trip, but they absolutely live and breathe football in a similar way to Newcastle & Sunderland. I've been to Manchester loads of times and they don't seem to have as much passion for the game.