+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Used Car Companies

Used Car Companies

I've recently bought a car for my daughter from a established dealer, but when looking went in to 'The Car Shop' and 'Trade Centre Wales' (Cardiff North ? )

It was painless buying from the dealer as opposed to the experiences in the the other two. They are like packhounds waiting to grab you when you walk through the doors and will not leave you alone, in an almost comedy way by pretending they are not following you in an Alan Partridge manner. One experience, we had two following us with the back up heard saying, 'keep pressing, get the sale, get the sale', hence to say we soon left.

Anyone that works or has worked in this type of environment, i'd be interested to know how it pays off as maybe its just me, but I would avoid them at all costs.

Re: Used Car Companies

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    I've recently bought a car for my daughter from a established dealer, but when looking went in to 'The Car Shop' and 'Trade Centre Wales' (Cardiff North ? )

It was painless buying from the dealer as opposed to the experiences in the the other two. They are like packhounds waiting to grab you when you walk through the doors and will not leave you alone, in an almost comedy way by pretending they are not following you in an Alan Partridge manner. One experience, we had two following us with the back up heard saying, 'keep pressing, get the sale, get the sale', hence to say we soon left.

Anyone that works or has worked in this type of environment, i'd be interested to know how it pays off as maybe its just me, but I would avoid them at all costs.
    Both these firms do not sell cars, they sell LOANS !!!!!!

As you say, avoid at all costs !!!!

Trade centre have been on x-ray several times

I currently work in the car trade and like BLUETIT said, avoid those two like the plague ............. They are CHEAP but then it's all about Ridiculous finance loans, how they get away with it god only knows !!!!! Purchasing a new car the APR is around 6% and a used up to about 12.9%.

Those two blow those figures out of the water, bearing in mind most customers who purchase through Car shop and TCW finance ratings are mostly rotten so they can only get finance through sub prime lenders - High risk = High reward

I've bought my last two cars from Car Shop as the prices are excellent , and found them very helpful , however I never take out their loans pay up front , trade in, or get cheaper loan from a back , at a lower rate , I always takeout the extended RAC warranty , as they are used cars .

They must be doing something right as each time i'm there , for initial ordering ,pick up ,repair within the warranty its rammed with customers ?? .

If I ever had a car problem they always fix .

Re. other posts, I'm not sure why anyone would necessarily take out finance 'in house'. The media/internet is saturated with loan offers .

International

If you have up-front cash, whether borrowed from the bank or whatever, you can do worse than go to auction, specially if you have a buddy in the trade to help you choose.
    You'd be amazed at some of the prices good cars go for. That's how second hand traders make their money.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Trade centre have been on x-ray several times
    Nothing suspicious about these reviews at all

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/the...trewales.co.uk

(Note how they all go through the same members of the team to say how great they are, particularly in Neath).

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post

(Note how they all go through the same members of the team to say how great they are, particularly in Neath).
    Who would know all the surnames of people when you buy a 1.2 fiesta?

Bought my lads car from Trade Centre Wales in Abercynon ( aka Cardiff North !)

Buying the vehicle was fine.

I had the money ready, didn’t disclose my ‘budget’ and stuck to my guns about what I wanted making it clear I’d walk off otherwise.

Refused finance, warranty, etc..

Funny thing was they had all the paperwork ( for us to sign) except the V5

Annoying things were..

Took ages to go through the paperwork , at each stage trying to sell finance, warranty etc..
    They didn’t have the spare key
    The cars on their website didn’t exist and they came up with bullshit excuses about why not

It’s a selling machine though. Set up in a very slick way where the sales staff are clearly well trained in what they need to do. So maybe they deserve some credit for that. I bet the owner has done VERY well out of it

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Who would know all the surnames of people when you buy a 1.2 fiesta?
    And why would you deal with 4 people.

Every time I have bought a used car I have dealt with one, (except once at a small showroom on City Road where I was the only customer and the owner was there as well)

I get motability cars now and have only dealt with one person then as well.

And they seem positive reviews a day, and all with similar grammar (constant missing full stops).

Great to see a local business doing well, such fab reviews over such a short space of time. One customer even thought their facilities were great. I think it’s safe to assume that a lot of the customers and staff went to the same school, as Neath is often repeated without a capital N and they do love their exclamation marks, strangely though none of them have a space before them ! At least Mark Hollis was happy, that’s all he can do is Talk Talk! Sorry I mean Talk Talk !

Great to see a local business doing well, such fab reviews over such a short space of time. One customer even thought their facilities were great. I think it’s safe to assume that a lot of the customers and staff went to the same school, as Neath is often repeated without a capital N and they do love their exclamation marks, strangely though none of them have a space before them ! At least Mark Hollis was happy, that’s all he can do is Talk Talk! Sorry I mean Talk Talk !
    Steven Payne must have gone to a different school

I bought a vehicle from these guys that I was pressured into buying by the salesman who wouldn't leave me alone and continued to follow me around EVERYWHERE! I was then told I could take the car in 1 hour which turned into the following day, collection day came and there was a fault with the onboard sat nav stating I was in a ocean in Oslo, I was told by the onsite mechanic to take it to Peugeot to get the maps updated as they were the only ones with the map software, I booked it in and was told to call up TCW to get the payment authorised before arriving on date, I was then told if I took it to them they would not honour the warranty as it needed to go them. The next fault was the radio over heating and turning its self off after putting warning lights all over the dashboard, I then was told in 3 weeks time they could have a look at it, but then the more I drove the vehicle the more problems I had with it... The car would turn itself off and the steering would lock whilst doing 70 on the motorway forcing me to stop blocking the motorway until the car would start back up, I was repeatedly told to wait until they had a spot available to have a mechanic look at it (the dates kept changing) I was told I could not return the vehicle because of it being "dangerous" and had to be inspected. numerous promised calls that never happened later I'm being told various different things which never makes any sense. I was then also told by the RAC after I crashed the car when it locked on me that the hire car and other parts would not be covered although the warranty they so badly press on you when you buy the car was actually another lie, the car has so many more faults that I would be listing them all day. Avoid buying a car with these guys if you value your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebina View Post
    Steven Payne must have gone to a different school

I bought a vehicle from these guys that I was pressured into buying by the salesman who wouldn't leave me alone and continued to follow me around EVERYWHERE! I was then told I could take the car in 1 hour which turned into the following day, collection day came and there was a fault with the onboard sat nav stating I was in a ocean in Oslo, I was told by the onsite mechanic to take it to Peugeot to get the maps updated as they were the only ones with the map software, I booked it in and was told to call up TCW to get the payment authorised before arriving on date, I was then told if I took it to them they would not honour the warranty as it needed to go them. The next fault was the radio over heating and turning its self off after putting warning lights all over the dashboard, I then was told in 3 weeks time they could have a look at it, but then the more I drove the vehicle the more problems I had with it... The car would turn itself off and the steering would lock whilst doing 70 on the motorway forcing me to stop blocking the motorway until the car would start back up, I was repeatedly told to wait until they had a spot available to have a mechanic look at it (the dates kept changing) I was told I could not return the vehicle because of it being "dangerous" and had to be inspected. numerous promised calls that never happened later I'm being told various different things which never makes any sense. I was then also told by the RAC after I crashed the car when it locked on me that the hire car and other parts would not be covered although the warranty they so badly press on you when you buy the car was actually another lie, the car has so many more faults that I would be listing them all day. Avoid buying a car with these guys if you value your life.
    Why don't you email trust pilot to tell them reviews are fraud

The owner has done very well out of it indeed. He's built a huge new house on the seafont in Mumbles.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul0453 View Post
    The owner has done very well out of it indeed. He's built a huge new house on the seafont in Mumbles.
    Is that the one with massive front windows about halfway to Oystermouth that was still being built the last time I passed a month or so ago?

TCW stole £22 from a friend’s car. He had taken it back after buying it it get something sorted on it. They also swapped out his brand new battery for a crappy old one.

All captured on his dash cam which also recorded everything they said. Idiots.

That's it.

Who remembers the days before the out of town large car lots when every other building in City Road was a used car showroom.

A few dodgy ones there.

Advice always used to be if you bought a car down there open the bonnet before you drove off to make sure you still had an engine!

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Who remembers the days before the out of town large car lots when every other building in City Road was a used car showroom.

A few dodgy ones there.

Advice always used to be if you bought a car down there open the bonnet before you drove off to make sure you still had an engine!
    Most of the salesmen and business owners used to drink in the Tavi, best time to buy a car was late afternoon when they were bolloxed

I’ll be looking for a car shortly - thanks for the advice on TCW