+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Our most consistent outfield player over the last couple of months of the season?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Our most consistent outfield player over the last couple of months of the season?

Palace gave him a torrid time on Saturday. I remember thinking that it was the first time that he'd really struggled since coming back into the team in January.

Re: Our most consistent outfield player over the last couple of months of the season?

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Palace gave him a torrid time on Saturday. I remember thinking that it was the first time that he'd really struggled since coming back into the team in January.
    No shame in that as Zaha has caused many full backs issues this season and gained many penalties along the way as well.

But he is an “old school” full back who doesn’t really get forward which is why I think people have said we need a new right back or wanted to see Jazz Richards get a run in the team ? Manga clearly is better at centre half than full back!!

In the modern game, full backs don’t just defend , they are also expected to get forward at pace to either give the team width or populate areas further up field allowing their teammates more advanced to deploy a high press such as Liverpool or Man City.