+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FT: Ajax 2 - 3 Spurs. Spurs win on away goals

Re: FT: Ajax 2 - 3 Spurs. Spurs win on away goals

God knows how Glenn Hoddle didn’t have a clutcher, I was about to phone Eileen Drewery!!!!

Wonder if Liverpool will be looking to be awarded a Champions League runners up trophy, to go next to their Premier League runners up one?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Does the 5th placed team in the EPL now get a Champions League place next season? and if Chelsea or Arsenal win the Europa league does the 6th placed team also qualify?
    No 1st, 2nd, 3rd & the Europa League winner or 4th.

4th or 5th plus 6th & 7th to the Europa league

In theory if Arsenal win the Europa League Spurs could lose their Champions league place

That result guarantees Wolves European football nest season.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Managed by a German and an Argentine, with the goalscorers hailing from Belgium, the Netherlands and Brazil
    This. Not to shit on anyone’s parade but the English teams that won things in the 1970/80/90’s were “English” teams. These teams are an international 11 with, ironically, a European philosophy and style.

Incredible matches though all the same and an advert for multiculturalism and openness.

Only just come on (thought I'd give the game my undivided attention) and had great fun scrolling through the thread

Two of the best games of football I've seen in years in two consecutive nights and happen to be champions league semi final deciders.

The Ajax players were seconds away from the chance of football immortality in Holland and I feel for them, polar opposite to how I felt for last night's losers.

Football brings emotions out like nothing else.
    I'm not sure whether football is the best sport in the world but it's definitely in the top one!

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post

In theory if Arsenal win the Europa League Spurs could lose their Champions league place

I think 5 English teams can get in so top 4 plus europa league winner. So spurs will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Only just come on (thought I'd give the game my undivided attention) and had great fun scrolling through the thread

Two of the best games of football I've seen in years in two consecutive nights and happen to be champions league semi final deciders.

The Ajax players were seconds away from the chance of football immortality in Holland and I feel for them, polar opposite to how I felt for last night's losers.

Football brings emotions out like nothing else.
    I'm not sure whether football is the best sport in the world but it's definitely in the top one!
    Barcelona must be a bit concerned watching their youth team make the same mistakes tonight..

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    This. Not to shit on anyone’s parade but the English teams that won things in the 1970/80/90’s were “English” teams. These teams are an international 11 with, ironically, a European philosophy and style.

Incredible matches though all the same and an advert for multiculturalism and openness.
    Barcelona were a bit too open, four fecking nil!

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post

As Croesy says, the top four will all qualify for the Champions League regardless, plus Arsenal if they win the Europa League.

I think Wolves can miss out if Watford win the FA Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    As Croesy says, the top four will all qualify for the Champions League regardless, plus Arsenal if they win the Europa League.

I think Wolves can miss out if Watford win the FA Cup.
    What if Chelsea win the Europa League, who gets their Top 4 qualification place?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    What if Chelsea win the Europa League, who gets their Top 4 qualification place?
    The team who finish third in France will go straight into the group stages.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    The team who finish third in France will go straight into the group stages.
    Wat?

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    Wat?
    It's in the 'What happens if an English team wins the Europa League' section.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47806720

Wat?
    England only gets 4 champions league places unless a team who doesn’t finish in the top 4 wins the europa league. So if Chelsea win it there won’t be a 5th English team.

What an incredible game. Wanyama coming off for Lorente changed the game and what a player Moura is.

I thought that topped last night. They were going hammer and tong. Absolute bonkers of a game. Ziyech could easily have had an hat trick.

****ing love football

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    What an incredible game. Wanyama coming off for Lorente changed the game and what a player Moura is.

I thought that topped last night. They were going hammer and tong. Absolute bonkers of a game. Ziyech could easily have had an hat trick.

****ing love football
    That was the hammer and tong version of tippy-tappy

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post

****ing love football
    The best 2 semi finals ever and to think if it hadn't been for VAR Spurs wouldn't have even been there !!!

VAR has worked and justice was done!!!

A Man City - Liverpool final would have been a cracker mind with both teams 1st and 2nd with 1 point difference and Man City playing for the Quadruple !!!!

Re: Ajax v Spurs

Anybody who thinks Ajax and Barcelona play exactly the same type of football is deluded. Liverpool won't walk over Ajax like they did with Barcelona, as Ajax play at a higher tempo and they are far more direct.
    No because they won't be playing them, what a game !!!

Re: Ajax v Spurs

Forget that last comment

That was the hammer and tong version of tippy-tappy
    You keep coming back with nonsense yet when someone pulls you up on it you'll cry bullying.

That was quite something.
    Shame it wasnt on normal tv, can’t even show the goals on the news ffs......did anyone even see it?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Shame it wasnt on normal tv, can’t even show the goals on the news ffs......did anyone even see it?
    Both games were amazing, it's always good when a team wins unexpectedly, the Ajax and Barca fans crying was brilliant !!!

BT tweet the goals

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    You keep coming back with nonsense yet when someone pulls you up on it you'll cry bullying.
    I am always polite to people, even those who I disagree with.