Quote Originally Posted by walinoz View Post
What were Leeds before Revie , Liverpool before Shankley ,nowhere near Where they are today and that only came with success , this is why I said in a previous post why I was so gutted about being relegated , none of this the championship is a better league with proper football from me , I just wanted us to sustain our position in the league in order for us to grow as a club and become an established premier league side not just a one season wonder again
What were Liverpool before Shankly? Well, the season before he took over in 1959, they were the eighth biggest club in the country in terms of attendances despite being in the Second Division. Indeed, during the two previous seasons they had the fifth highest attendances in the country despite being in the Second Division. If you know your football history, you'll know that Liverpool were a big club before Shankly, and a bigger club after Shankly.

As for Leeds, they really were struggling before Revie and had never been a big club until he worked his magic.