+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Danny Baker fired by the BBC and he's not happy about it.

Re: Danny Baker fired by the BBC and he's not happy about it.

I found it more ageist than racist. How many two day old kids can even walk, even when aided by their parents? I find his tweet disgusting for this very reason, the short, fat, unfunny, ageist, insensitive, white, gay-hating (might not be true) turd. Oh, and I don't like Jeremy Clarkson either. Can't remember why though.

I like Danny Baker and don’t think he’s racist. But my word for such an intelligent guy what a balls up.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    So someone has to be mindful of other people's warped associations? I don't agree at all.
    It’s not warped minds is it though? It’s a common racist trope of a black person being a monkey. Again I don’t think he did it on purpose and I don’t think he should be sacked but trying to play it off like it’s not an obvious stupid thing to post is naive.

International

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Because Danny Baker is a household name in the USA right?
    No. Because it was reported on US Nationwide TV. And the boy's mother is black american.

This is the offending picture he tweeted.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    This is the offending picture he tweeted.

Well as far as I’m concerned little Archie looks extremely dapper!

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    It’s not warped minds is it though? It’s a common racist trope of a black person being a monkey. Again I don’t think he did it on purpose and I don’t think he should be sacked but trying to play it off like it’s not an obvious stupid thing to post is naive.
    Yes, it is warped minds. We are allowing those warped minds to be the template for the rest of us. Black people aren't apes, gorillas or chimpanzees and it's absurd that we have be mindful of associations made only by the racists.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I like Danny Baker and don’t think he’s racist. But my word for such an intelligent guy what a balls up.
    And he has more responsibility than most to deliver better standards for the very nice wage he picks up working for the world's biggest known media brand that broadcasts around the earth via the world service which includes the commonwealth and other different ethnic societies and countries ,who unlike us admire and respect the Royals.

There maybe many that don't agree with Royals thankfully we have better moral behaviours and responsibility.

Doesn't the BBC fall into a specific
    employee set of standards , regarding the royal progrative .

Yes, it is warped minds. We are allowing those warped minds to be the template for the rest of us. Black people aren't apes, gorillas or chimpanzees and it's absurd that we have be mindful of associations made only by the racists.
    How do you distinguish between who has a 'warped' mind and who doesn't? I don't think that Baker is a Racist, not even close, although some people may think he is after that picture and others may think he's just like 'The rest of us'

He did kill Bob Marley though😱......................................Late r revealed to be a load of bollocks

He's 62. He can afford to retire.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    He's 62. He can afford to retire.
    He can’t have a listen to his desert island discs, says he never saves a penny and is often skint. Probably the best episode of that btw.

He’ll get work again though he’s very popular. I’m never sure if I find him entertaining or the world’s biggest pub bore.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    An absolutely stupid thing to post. I winced as soon as I saw it. And he paid the price.

Hard to have any sympathy for his utter lack of awareness, especially from some who is supposed to be media savvy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    How do you distinguish between who has a 'warped' mind and who doesn't? I don't think that Baker is a Racist, not even close, although some people may think he is after that picture and others may think he's just like 'The rest of us'
    The warped minds are those who associate apes, gorillas and chimpanzees with certain races of human beings. Their warped associations shouldn't be though of as standard for civilised human beings. I wouldn't dare accuse anyone of such a very serious offence without sufficient evidence.

The warped minds are those who associate apes, gorillas and chimpanzees with certain races of human beings. Their warped associations shouldn't be though of as standard for civilised human beings. I wouldn't dare accuse anyone of such a very serious offence without sufficient evidence.
    Do the black people who thought Baker’s tweet could be construed as racist have warped minds?

Do the black people who thought Baker’s tweet could be construed as racist have warped minds?
    Can black people not have warped minds?

Any black, white or any person of colour can have a distorted perception based upon their own motivations and focus of attention.

A lot of people have a confirmation bias, based upon what they want to see or focus on and what they readily dismiss.

Quote Originally Posted by JDerrida View Post
    Can black people not have warped minds?

Any black, white or any person of colour can have a distorted perception based upon their own motivations and focus of attention.

A lot of people have a confirmation bias, based upon what they want to see or focus on and what they readily dismiss.
    That’s not at all what he’s saying though.

Percieving offence where no such offence is present is a trait of some human beings and not exclusive to any race. Misinterpreting innocent acts as hate crime (as may be the case regarding this particular thread) does absolutely nothing regarding real examples of racism. Quite the opposite.

The warped minds I referred to are the racists who seemed to have successfully forged the association in the first place.

Percieving offence where no such offence is present is a trait of some human beings and not exclusive to any race. Misinterpreting innocent acts as hate crime (as may be the case regarding this particular thread) does absolutely nothing regarding real examples of racism. Quite the opposite.
    How do you distinguish between who or what is racist? Do you just use your own judgement?

How do you distinguish between who or what is racist? Do you just use your own judgement?
    Somtimes. At other times the law or an official body decides, having access to evidence and witness statements. Internet and media hysteria are not my bag.

This is the thing for me - Nigel Farage has been mentioned in this thread and I reckon the reaction of an awful lot of people, myself included, would have been very different if he has posted exactly the same thing Danny Baker did.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    This is the thing for me - Nigel Farage has been mentioned in this thread and I reckon the reaction of an awful lot of people, myself included, would have been very different if he has posted exactly the same thing Danny Baker did.
    .or Raheem Sterling for that matter..

Thank god it isn’t just white Europeans who are racist

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/15/w...na-racism.html

The warped minds I referred to are the racists who seemed to have successfully forged the association in the first place.
    Yeah the association was made years ago and has been a common racist insult that the majority of people recognise straight away. It’s nothing to do with having a warped mind it’s to do with years of it being used as racist language.

Do you think as white men we have enough experience of racist abuse to judge when is a time for valid complaints ?