Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
But why was he idiotic? Because some cretinous racists make such an association whereas normal, rational and fair-minded people don't? The situation means that the racists have won in establishing a link that they have forged in their twisted minds into an association now adopted by the mainstream. That is hugely concerning.
Was PG Tips a racist advert? Was my mate's pet monkey a racist toy? The pitchfork society is taking over and with a warped agenda.

He should sue his employers for wrongful dismissal.
It'll be unfair dismissal, but I doubt he'd succeed. 'Behavior outside the workplace ' is a key contract clause for those in the public domain. I've got a lot of sympathy for Baker. I seriously doubt it was intended to be racist. This is probably a poor metaphor, but if a black player found a banana skin thrown at him, that would be a dreadfully offensive and racist action. If a bloke was eating a banana in the crowd and tried to throw the skin into a bin closer to the touchline and it went onto the pitch, the effect would be the same but without the intent.

Anyway, I'm constantly amazed why the world and his daughter - especially those in the media/sports/political fields - find it important to spend their lives updating everyone else with their action and thoughts by the minute. I'm quite happy on here, being kept in check by Morris & Co...